NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An old friend goes down. Sad!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An old friend goes down. Sad!
    Posted: July-09-2007 at 11:58pm
Schnitz' very nice 97 Nautique was a "fatality" today. This would really grind my gears.

Schnitz' 97 SN
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:10am
that sucks
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 1:51am
Let's pour some out for this homey at GL...
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 2:13am
Woah !! that is rough.Sorry to hear about the trouble but glad to hear all involved are safe.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 2:13am
Looks like it could be fixed ????
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 2:17am
looks like a job for David or Scott.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 2:23am
Maybe we'll see stop signs in english and spanish in the next year or two. It pays to have uninsured/underinsured coverage for incidents like that.
Tim D
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 3:17am
I can't imagine how upset I would be. It's one thing to wreck your truck, but the boat as well is a double whammy that would cause me to snap. I hope he gets his insurance to cover everything.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 11:55am
How in the hell fast was this person going through a park anyways.. Wholly Molly !!!

Unless it's structually crushed, yeah, why couldn't that be fixed??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:28pm
Looks like it could be a nice project for somebody.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 2:38pm
Of course they hit the Nautique...No one ever hits one of the fifty TubeStars that are out on the lake messin up the butter every weekend. What a shame.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 5:39pm
Actually looks like it survived that accident very well, from what I can see. Tough boats. Any other boat would have broken apart. Sad site!!!

Ken
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 12:35pm
I would bet that the boat can be fixed. More pictures of the damage would help. For me, the most worrysome (worrisome?) damage would be the rudder mount since it takes so much stress when turning.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 12:42pm
Doesn't look that bad to me either. I sure hope it doesn't go to waste, lots of good parts and full interior.
TourPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TourPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2007 at 1:30am
Where do wrecks go anyways?? I have to assume theres a special wreckers for inboards.

Anyone have knowledge or a link ??
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2007 at 8:00am
Originally posted by TourPro TourPro wrote:

I have to assume theres a special wreckers for inboards.
Anyone have knowledge or a link ??

Will, The boat has been winched up on a standard flat bed wrecker that is used for cars. I guess they figured that since the boat has already done a belly flop on the road that sliding it onto the wrecker won't do any more damage.
A boat without a trailer can be transported with a flat bed trailer and a cradle or blocking. Check out our sponser Osborn inboard transport who's specialty is hauling boats if you need to get a boat without a trailer somewhere. (sorry, I can't find a link to post)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2007 at 10:13am
they go first to the tow company and once looked at by an insurance adjuster, he will estimate the damages and then it will either go for repair or if deemed to costly to repair it will go to a salvage yard such as Co-part or ADS and then it will go up for auction, the tow company's like them sitting in thier yards for as long as they can keep it there because they are collecting $15.00 a day for storage
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic