NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GL weather

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GL weather
    Posted: July-10-2007 at 9:15am
Per my Weather Bug that I just changed the location to the GL area, It's looking great!

Thursday: upper 70's, 30% chance of rain
Friday: partly sunny, upper 70's
Saturday: mostly sunny, upper 70's
Sunday: mostly sunny, high 80

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 11:43am
Pete,
Yep, this is going to be perfect weather.. And with it a bit cooler than it has been, the wind should sit down a bit, which will keep the waves under 3 feet

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:00pm
Mojo

Do you know which boats will be on display at the Baywiew on Fri. nite? I am staying at the
Baywiew, arriving Fri. AM.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:06pm
Line up for Friday..

54 Atom Skier
64 American Skier
72 Mustang
80 Ski Nautique
90 Ski Nautique

Special note:
All those staying at the Bayview, if you could park your trailers in the boat parking area at the Bayview Hotel, we'd love for you to block the spaces for us. While we set up for the display, I'd like to ask then that you help me and temporarily park your boats up on the street until the even concludes...

We will be staging the boat at 4:30 Friday late afternoon...

Thanks Much,
Mojo
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

which will keep the waves under 3 feet

Moj'

Perfect boating for my 14'6" Atom!!! I'll remember to bring my snorkel and diving goggles along!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 1:26pm
Pete, In the same situation, loves to splash over the bow at idle and will really soak you .The snorkel is a good idea......

We are on countdown, every thing packed . Hook to the Skier and leave La. at about 4:00PM,only 1100 miles to go.........boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 1:40pm
Doc, Have a safe trip and will see you in GL. Yes, if there is a wind on Sat., hopefully it's out of the north.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 5:16pm
Great weather outlook. At least we won't be roasting in the sun!

Ken
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 6:48pm
Naaa, you want the wind out of the West in GL !!! You can hug the shoreline from the Marina all the way to the bay and not get wet !!! North or South means the rollers will have 7 miles to gain height across the whole distance... yikes !!!

Sun, sun, sun... yes we'll take 80's all day up there !!!!

Come on Thursday...
Doc, have a safe trip and enjoy the scenery around Gary Indiana hahahaha..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 7:31pm
If any of you guys, who are coming from the east, see a black Expedition with a big Nautique sticker and a Spray Masters Show Ski Team sticker in the back window and NOT pulling a boat, honk. We are driving through Chicago Thursday night, heading to a show skiing competition in Rock Island, Il. I will envy any Nautiques I see.
It sounds like a great time. Will be expecting some great pictures
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 2:07am
Tull when are you leaving? I am leaving around 5am friday morning with any luck.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Naaa, you want the wind out of the West in GL !!! You can hug the shoreline from the Marina all the way to the bay and not get wet !!! North or South means the rollers will have 7 miles to gain height across the whole distance... yikes !!!

Sun, sun, sun... yes we'll take 80's all day up there !!!!

Moj'

Moj, I thought the length of GL was east - west. Am I looking at the map funny?

I just checked the forcast and they did change it slightly. It is now a 20% chance of T storms and in the upper 70's on Saturday. Hey, 20% means that we need to think only about the 80% chance of no rain!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 12:11pm
Pete, She runs NW to SE lengthwise really... Yeas, now I hear the same about the weather.. Cooler for the sand bar...

Anyway, we'll make do and have a great time regardless of any rain possibilities.. I don't think my garage will hold a 100 people if it does hahaha..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 12:29pm
We are leaving White Lake Thursday 9:00pm. Staying in Joliet that night, heading out 8:00am to rock Island.
Your heading to GL?
How's the boat running?
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 11:59pm
The fam says the boat is running like a top. I got it finished last week on monday. My brother and I took it out for about two hours messed with the timing and idle. Seems to be running great.

I did remove my acme prop for it to be taken up north on vacation. I will not be running the acme at GL either because I do not know the lake.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 2:42am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

I did remove my acme prop for it to be taken up north on vacation. I will not be running the acme at GL either because I do not know the lake.

there are no spot that you have to worry about at all no chance of messing up the prop anyware on the lake, well maybe the ramps and your trailer would be the only exception.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 12:10pm
GL is the deepest inland lake in WI - 236'.

There are really no surprises, even in the shallows. I've been there since '76 and we never damaged a prop. To get out from our channel to Norwegian bay, we go over the 2' - 4' sand swimming area. I've touched when the lake is low and boat is fully loaded but never damaged anything.

While there are no absolutes, GL is one of the safest bets for your props.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic