Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thermostat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kalehner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalehner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thermostat
    Posted: July-11-2007 at 12:13pm
69 Mustang with Holman Moody 302. Water temp guage runs cool around 80. Suspect this is a thermostat issue. Where is the themostat located and if I replace it (or if not present, install it) can I use...

THERMOSTAT 143 DEGREE
PCM/Indmar Fords, LT1 T-Stat Housing

from skidim?

Thanks K.
Kevin
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2007 at 1:02pm
It could also be the temp sending unit that is not giving you the right reading.Its the small brass fitting on top of the intake manifold on your engine.It has one wire connected to it.Your t-stat is located in the front of your engine on top where your cooling hoses for your raw water pump.It will be either 2 or 3 bolts and top pops off once you disconnect the hoses.You are correct in using the 143 degree stat.I would try the stat first,and see what happens.If thats not it then put a new sending unit in,or you could have a bad gauge in your dash.Those are the only three components involved.Let us know what you find out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic