NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Update w/ Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 9>
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 2:41pm
What a GREAT TIME with GREAT PEOPLE !!!!

Besides thanking Alan ,Dave and Keith for there time invested in getting this off the ground, I want to thank the MANY people that traveled hunders and literally thousands of miles to be there.. Talk about commitment!

Weather could have been a tad bit nicer on Sat(cloudy, windy and mid 70s).   We had troubles at first getting The Boat DR and his wife Karen to experience the "refreshing" Wisconsin water... after much coaching (and a few southern-wimp insults) Karen was a trooper and took the first plunge (wish you could have heard the scream)... after that what could Billy do , but get wet?

I also wish everyone could have been there to see (and hear) 25 Correct Crafts idling around , waiting for the parade out to the bay...what a sight!
Make sure to start your plans to attend for next year!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Made it back home about 2 this morning. We kept delaying our departure dreading the return to the real world and leaving so many great people behind.

Same here Alan. Original thought was to depart at noon on Sunday, 9 short hours later we were on the road.

CCFan put the unborn grandkids of the Goose Blind through college this past weekend.

Once I can find my camera I will post some pics.

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 3:42pm
I wish I could have stayed longer on sunday, really wanted to Hollywood, Quinner, Johny, and TRBenj try another run with decent water. But my wife had to be home for work and my brother had class first thing this morning. If only we had Sunday's weather on Saturday. All and all it was a great time.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

CCFan put the unborn grandkids of the Goose Blind through college this past weekend.

Word, I had a nice string of messages from my bank today regarding the series of atypical debit charges and withdrawals over the weekend, I can't decide if that shotski is a remarkable bit of marketing or a tool of the devil.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 6:22pm
Great time once again in GL, it was awesome meeting all the new owners and once again seeing those we met last year, it was also quite an honor recieving the best in class award particularly considering all the great boats we had this year.

I do believe fun was had by "AllyaAll" (hope I spelled that right Doc) cause it sure was the case for me!!

Thanks again to Keith, Alan, Mojo and others and also CC for all they added as well, looking forward to seeing "AllyaAll" again next year!!
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 6:24pm
What a great weekend!!! Was it me or did all go by way too fast??? Can't wait to see everyone's pics...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 6:28pm

Who's Who?

Last minute schedule changes and a little mis-communication between Mike Seipel and I lead to a pretty good morning for few guys with the opportunity for some barefoot instruction that was not on our list of things to do this year. Just an added bonus I guess.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 6:49pm
81, I do believe that boom goes on record as the longest boom ever. I can't imagine the recoil when that thing lets go!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 7:23pm
I really, really tried, but I still can't get rid of Quinner's send off on Sunday afternoon from my mind.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I do believe that boom goes on record as the longest boom ever.

that's what she said
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 9:24pm
Keith, What do you say about a CCfan calender for 2008. This shot is amazing.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Who's Who?

That's Keith out on the boom. Tim (TRBenj) is sitting down in the back, I'm standing next to him, I think that's Ken (Nautique2001) layin on the doghouse, James (87BFN owner) is up front takin pictures, and Seipel's driving.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 10:37pm
Here's a couple of the shots that my wife lovingly uploaded while "working" at Notre Dame today. Hopefully she'll have more time for personal stuff tomorrow.

A couple of our favorites:

These pics are from Thursday and Friday morning before the event "officially" began.

TRBenj launching the 90 at the campground Thursday.

Tied up Thursday at the campground

The "magic" 81 and one of Reid's fleet after a safe departure from the toy hauler. What a sight!

Loren - one of Stang72's boys showing off on the boom. Great water at 7:30 friday am

The mini-floatilla before the meet and greet Friday. L to R - Reid, Reid, Marshall, Stang72, Brian, Rleinen79, Maddmarx, Quinner

Quinner, MM, and myself, racing to the sandbar.....guess who won this race? I'll give you a hint...it wasn't me or Quinner

Reid and Marshall

Loren again, this time on the board, ripping it up behind Quinner's 206. That's JMurph on the left, and Stang72 on the right providing "extra ballast"

Your best of show winner, no surprise, Pete Brainard's 54 Atom Skier. It was pristine!

More pics to follow. I've definitely enjoyed the others. Keep them coming!

Rob
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

The boat did start Fri. nite with the new part; but, did stop running again Sat. AM.

because the dumb ass didn't charge the battery like he was told to do, it barely cranked over friday night to start with.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by todicus todicus wrote:

Kudo's to 79 for always having a beer in his hand !!

told you I was a professional drinker just didn't believe me I guess.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 10:47pm
Even the Sheriff was into it.We were all on the pier taking pictures and he says,let me get out of your way and Rob, rleinen 79,says your the reason were taking the picture.Even on Saturday at the sand bar,he was checking them out.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 12:53am
Raindog....you got it! Quinners send off was priceless...Quinner you rock bro!!! Anyone get a pic???

Fantastic time ... best people in the world! Boats were darn cool!!!!

Great seeing everyone again....great meeting new faces...and a big thanks to everyone for getting there and doin it!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 3:23am
ealier in the who's who pic posted by 81 nautique. Minor correction Ken(Nautique 2001) is sitting by the windshield. I am laying on the dog house and my brother is sitting in the very back his head is barely visiable because of Keith's barefoot spray. TRBenj and johny were in the correct order.

That was a great morning for me, hope the rest of you guys had as much fun as I did.

Plus I thank you all for the wonderful award of best in class.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 12:01pm
WOW WOW WOW.......All i can say is what a great time i had and so good to see everyone again and meeting all the new attendee's!!

Moj, Alan, Keith, Thanks a ton to you guys!!!!!!!Another awesome time at Green Lake!!

I will post all of the pics...(especially the ones from the goose blind Sat. night)As soon as i can!! Make reservation's for next year and i promise you all will not be dissapointed!!

Thanks to all of you for your votes!!!!

Keep the pic's comming guys and gals!

Has anyone rode in Reid's rocket mustang?......all i can say is holy sh*t!!! Mad mark's also.....79's boat.......tim's exhaust......ect. ect. ect. boatdr.....where do you stop with the compliments......? So many Cool boats there!!

See you guys's soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 12:11pm
GL was definately everything I expected and then some. It was great to meet you all face to face. What a great bunch of folks.

Very impressive boats at the reunion. Too many to specifically mention, but I loved Reid's blue Mustang, fast as hell. Tim did a great job building up his 351, huge mid range punch. James' BFN is a work horse. It flipped 1,400 hours and didn't miss a beat for us. Alan's 81 Nautique is a keeper. Love every little detail on that boat. MM's lime Nautique was a cool looking boat, fast too. Too many to mention. I'm sure they'll all be mentioned by the end of the GL threads.

Here's some pictures of the morning that James, Keith, Johnny, Tim, James' brother and I launched Jame's BFN at 5:15AM. There were 2'-3' waves, 25-30 MPH winds, lightning off in the distance. I thought we lost our marbles, but after picking Mike Seipel up and crashing through the waves, we found glass. Thanks to Alan for putting the barefooting together for us. He was a trooper for meeting us at the ramp at 5:00AM.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 12:14pm
Saturday AM waiting by the ramp to race over to the sand bar.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 12:16pm
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 3:27pm
Alan,
I think an '08 CorrectCraftFan.com calendar is a great idea. I'll have the FTP site setup soon for people to upload high-res photos.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 4:02pm
Come on - let's hear the stories - more pics!
I'm livin thru you guys!
Looks like fun was had by all!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 4:14pm
Stories!?!, they told me what happened in Green Lake stayed in Green Lake...
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 4:18pm
Found this picture on my camera ... who's who?

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 4:26pm
BKH in the gray on the left (maybe), then a ?, then Quinner, TRBenj, Johnny, Hollywood, ?, Paul?
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 4:28pm
That's a slap in the balls to Brian AND Keith!

I just realized this thread was a sticky in all the top three forums, no need to keep going back to the Reunion forum (where I've been going).
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 4:32pm
shoot, i wasn't there and I can tell you that there is no BKH in the picture, hollywood's guest, quinner, trbenj, johnny, hollywood, keith, and paul
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

That's a slap in the balls to Brian AND Keith!

I just realized this thread was a sticky in all the top three forums, no need to keep going back to the Reunion forum (where I've been going).

Actually it kinda looks like Jim Koch of Sam Adam's brewing co. (all the way to the left) With that facial expression, it's a tough read. I'd never figure that was Keith.

Edit- Oh, Keith in the yellow hat? Woulda never guessed. I suppose I haven't seen him for a year though.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 9>
  Share Topic