FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Update w/ Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 4:45pm
PLBC has it right. Joel, no worries. I'm wearing a Boat Dr. hat, that's probably why you didn't recognize me.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 5:04pm
See the girl in the back holding up the camera............ that's Keith's sister by the way. What a cool girl! She can party with the best of them and take alot of sh*t from guys like us.

That is you sister isn't it Keith?

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 5:38pm
You're right Paul. That's my sister Karen standing up to get a good picture. If you guys look closely between Johnny and Hollywood, that's Reid standing in back. You'll also find 79Nautique in back at the far right and Mojo next to him with his head turned. You can barely see JoeinNY behind Quinner.

This is from Sat. night at the Goose Blind, downstairs after the dinner reception.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 5:46pm
Somebody needs to donate a 90" jumper to the Goose Blind to fit some more shots on there.

Brownie is between Keith and Paul. Ken is just out of frame chugging beers like it's his job.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 5:48pm
And Brownie between Paul and Keith, the guy to my right is Hollywoods buddy Harry aka Mr. Balls.

The shot ski definitely got a good workout that night!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 6:09pm

Eric, Chris (79), Me, Brian, Steve (Raindog)

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 6:27pm
Obviously a steady had on the camera for those shots CQ!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 7:46pm
I guess the whole world was blurry that night, not just me (I lost my glasses in the drink on Thurs.)

Funny, a few Patrons on the rocks cleared things right up. That is, until about 11:00 when everyone looked like Quinner's pics again.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 7:52pm
Next year definitely putting my reservation in early for a room in town. That way I can stay and drink and stagger back to my roon and not worry about driving.

The fun that was had, was unmeasurable.

My wife, my brother, and I had dinner friday night with the boat doc and his wife. That was a blast swapping stories, and just getting to see every one.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 8:03pm
A couple more pics:

Does anyone have any good shots of the boat parade? I was too busy driving to get any good shots. The one Keith posted on page 1 is priceless. It looks like a CC army.

Adam Wensink and the demo 210 - sharp boat

81Nautique (Alan) in my SNOB preparing to 'foot....that's his boat and family pulling up to wish him luck. This is probably my favorite of all my pics.....

81Nautique, minutes after the above pic

More to come, I'm sure.

Rob

P.S. The pics of Alan's 81 don't do it justice, as anyone who as seen it can confirm. It would be worth going to GL to see that boat alone.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 8:14pm
Hey Rob,

It was great meeting you and your wife. I wish I had a chance to talk to you more. I'd still like a ride in your boat to test the GT40.

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 8:18pm
Rob, Personally I don't call that barefooting but it's hard to believe half way through summer and that was my first run without skis. Great shots, Thank you.

I hope to get out and run with the big dogs atleast one time this year.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Next year definitely putting my reservation in early for a room in town. That way I can stay and drink and stagger back to my roon and not worry about driving.

I hear that, brotha. Number one for me, no water in the brain, number two, walking distance to the Goose. I don't want to be the Paris Hilton of the group!

Ken
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 9:27pm

quinner

Rodney

Start of the parade
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 10:30pm
We had a wonderful time. We WILL be back next year just tell us when and where. After meeting all you, I think the bug got me really good. I had the best time meeting all of you and getting to know some of the wives. Look forward to seeing everyone again maybe real soon. But lets make it a little more central and in a LITTLE warmer water. The calendar is a great idea--we want one. Fantastic fun, wonderful people, beautiful town. Keep posting the pics-makes the vacation go on even after we're home.
Love you guys-boat nurse
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 10:34pm
Reid's dogs even enjoyed the weekend!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2007 at 10:36pm
Boat nurse & Doc

Glad you made it home safely. You guys, MM and Reid made the reunion that much better by making the long, long journey. What a great group of both peoplr and classic boats that made it up from the south. I guess there can't be any excuses next year that people are "too far away". I wish I would have had the video rollin' when the two of you jumped in the water at the sandbar Saturday. Priceless. Can't wait to see you guys again next year.

Rob

P.S. Billy told me he took pics not in the hundreds, but in the thousands....time to get posting!
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 1:38am
Hey guys I hade a great time, everyone was great, Qunner, boat Doc, Tim, Nick, John, hollywood, mark, lisa....... i'm having trouble remembering everyones name I think I drank to much.

I cant wait till next year, and expect to see me on here from now on.

I will post some pics that we have here, but we made it back ok to NC, and Mark and Lisa were in GA last I talked to them.

Josh
So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 2:24am
OK, Josh above beat me to it, but we finally made it back just an hour ago, and boy are we beat. So I won't even try to thank anyone in particular for fear of missing someone, as everyone that partook has a great idea as to what all went in to it and what we all took away. Incredible. I tried my best to shake every hand, hug every neck, and give a big thumbs up to everyone I could. Without a single doubt, this surely goes down as one of the best boating weekends of my life. So thanks to everyone as I'm indebted! I can't wait til next year and even if it's in Alaska, we'll be there.

Moving on: We'd have been home earlier, but Josh, Laurie, Mark and Lisa, Boaty and Skipper and myself all dodged the banjo music and stopped in Tennessee to see Jbear. The stories we had to tell him only sunk him deeper into depression over missing the event. He'll probably seek professional help after he sees all these photos. His lake there is great with some really pristine boating. I'll surely go back as it's only about 4 hrs from us.

We liked Green Lake sooooo much we decided to leave the camper, truck, and one boat up there, and all piled in Rodney's motor home for the ride back. Shoreline Marine, (same owners as the Marina and really nice people) provided indoor storage for everything for a whopping $75/mon. So I'm flying back at least two more times to hopefully get a better view of the area beyond my tandem bike beaten path from the campground to the Goose Blind. I just can't let it go.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 2:52am
If you set foot in my state without letting Mojo and myself know, we will never forgive you, Reid. You have at least come over for the next best thing to boating - grilling and cocktails on the porch. Seriously!

If you and Mrs P. fly in to MKE, we'd be happy to taxi you up there as well.

Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 2:59am
Reid thats awesome .

I am glad you all made it back ok . Sounds like you had a nice trip over to see JBear .
If he cant make it to GL then take GL to him . I bet he apreciated it .

M/Miller and Marshall

Pete's Atom

Quinner's covered with trbenj in back
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 11:28am
Reid,
Im with you....Im ready to go back myself. I kinda got cheated out of a day on the water Friday with my overheating problems..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 11:43am
Reid, I know you are used to real big water but don't jump right in to the GL area. Don't get me wrong as it is nice but there are also some even nicer spots in Wis. in my opinion. My up north house is in Three lakes Wis. and we are on a chain of lakes of 28 which range in sise from about 175 to 2000 acres. It is damed on my end (18 lakes) but does have a boat lift over it. It is not a reservoir so water levels always stay at a plus or minus of 4". It is a perfect size for our size of boat. Unless it is a holiday weekend and someone has trailered in a boat, I never see anything over 22' with the exception of a few deck boats and pontoons. We do however get the damn tubers but that is everywhere!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

but there are also some even nicer spots in Wis. in my opinion.

That's a given. You can't beat the northwoods, but I don't think GL and the northwoods are even in the same category. Not comparable!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Feelgood M.D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feelgood M.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 12:49pm
I heard quinner's truck had some offensive messages written on it... can't wait to see those pictures.
Hunting for a Early 2000s Super Air or Super Sport w/ a Python
Former Boats:
2001 SN 196
1986 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 1:19pm
Shawn,

You Freak of Nature, like the signature!

My truck and both Brownie and my rooms as well, Hollywood and Johnny may need to use code names next year when making their reservations.
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 1:27pm
Quinner can just kill the fish with the sound system for the fishers.

I seemed to have dodged the camera once again ha.

Josh
So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 1:44pm
Who has a picture of Quinner taking a spray in Johnny's face??? That was an interesting site.

Ken
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 1:50pm
Ken, Karen took a multi on that one. Will post when the 16 yr. old will do the photobucket thing.Can't teach an old dog new tricks.......We have 500 shots to look thru and post the best.
What a great time had by all,sorry that the rest of this site missed on such a grand time.......boat dr/boat nurse
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

OK, Josh above beat me to it, but we finally made it back just an hour ago, and boy are we beat. So I won't even try to thank anyone in particular for fear of missing someone, as everyone that partook has a great idea as to what all went in to it and what we all took away. Incredible. I tried my best to shake every hand, hug every neck, and give a big thumbs up to everyone I could. Without a single doubt, this surely goes down as one of the best boating weekends of my life. So thanks to everyone as I'm indebted! I can't wait til next year and even if it's in Alaska, we'll be there.

I couldnt have said it better myself. What an awesome weekend- unforgettable and totally worth the trip! I met many of you for the first time (in person anyways) and it was like getting together with a group of old friends- very cool. I cant figure out if Im more sore from barefooting or laughing all weekend. Seeing all the boats was great too.

There were too many highlights to even start to name them all, but hopefully the pictures tell part of the story. Ill get some up once Nick gets them off his camera.

The event organizers who did a great job- well done Dave, Alan, Keith and everyone else for pulling this whole thing together! Big thanks to Quinner as well for putting me up for the night on the way out AND the way back home- I owe you one!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
  Share Topic