NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Update w/ Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 9>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:17am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Will the event be taking place at GL again next year, I heard talk of moving it for next year? If it is going to be at GL what is the plan for dates I want to make sure I get a room in GL this time.

Jim, we've looked for other places that have as much to offer as Green lake and they're hard to find. Especially with Mojo living up there he's our point man with accomodations. As for planning next year that will have to wait until the end of the boating season but we will set dates asap.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:19am
Originally posted by todicus todicus wrote:

Hollywood, my wife wants to know if you plan on auditioning for the next "Passion of the Christ" movie or if that's the signature look of a crazy @ss barefooter?

Plus, in the above pic, it looks like there's so much gayness in the boat that Johnny is contemplating slitting his wrist. Just my .02

Rob & Dena
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:25am
Rob all that picture needs is ken's plaid shorts to be 100% gay
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:32am
hey hey easy, there will be no gay talk with my boat in the pic thank you...
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:46am
Alright, finally got my pics downloaded and resized.

Waiting for the parade:

The BoatDr saying "You girls so puuurrrdy"

My squirrels after the very splashy ride over to Green Lake

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:57am
Made it to the sand bar:

It took a few years of brainwashing early on, but the results were worth it:

Everyone is talking about the footin' and boardin' demos, but don't forget the worlds formost Zip Sled master:

Any one else remember Zip Sleds?

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 2:03am
....I like the night life, baby.....

No kids, attentive barkeep and a room full of good people ready to have fun makes us really happy.

De and Carrie (Mrs. Mojo) are dangerous together....

They say they were blowing smoke rings, but I think they were.......Oh hell, Hollywood have at it.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 10:49am
I haven't seen a Zip Sled in years. When those things came out I think they cost $70 for a $6 piece of plastic. But man, were they popular.
Classic sled behind a classic boat, priceless.

Are we aging ourselves?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 10:58am
No, the calander is aging us.
Time is standing still for us, especially when I see my kids on our old Sled. It is really a great way to get them used to standing behind a boat.

Until they get too far forward and the damn thing submarines 5 feet under the water!

Ahhhh. Back when toys were designed for fun and included the thrill of possibly drowning.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 12:13pm
Steve,

Great pics dude! I'm sure that pic of your wife and i will be photo shopped to death.......Run with it hollywood.....open game.

Steve what a great family you have!! you are Quality people and had a grea time with you guys!! Will see you soon.....

I think stang, brian, quinner, wood, hollywood and not sure who else may get together in illinois area......Not sure where yet but will let you know.....We were kicking around the idea so nothing concrete yet.

Would be cool to go visit reid and MM / blondie also....

See ya,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 12:17pm
MM is sizing up their mouths, hmmm.. trying to decide if the stuble is going to be a problem.

Shelbyville late August?
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 12:31pm
Right on, Paul.

I'd be up for meeting up, however, I only have Aug 11th and 12th open.

If we are heading south, what about early in Sept, like the 8th and 9th? Still should be nice, right?
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 12:58pm
Steve,

Looks like your wife has a handle on things in the picture of you two.(notice right hand placement)

Sept. 8th & 9th not sure yet....but will be checking in with all the others to see what works......You can pipe in here anytime gary hollywood......oh Hollywood.. it's about time you got with the comments on the pic.
Hollywood......We need to make sure to make a shotski fit for eight for the next gathering.....wherever it may be and make it a tradition......Or maybe we could make our own Shot idea......Wake slammer....slalom(sp) shooter....Whatever???

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:00pm
We talked about Shelbyville early sept. I'll start a post so we can select a date and go from there.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:01pm
quinner has that effect on women
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Any one else remember Zip Sleds?

I just saw our zip sled a couple weeks ago collecting dust in the corner of the boathouse. For some reason I remember not using it much. I think it was because as a kid we were already on skies. My kids never used it ether as they went right to skies too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:42pm
If you put up on eBay, you'd probably get enough for a good dinner at one of those up north supper clubs.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

If you put up on eBay, you'd probably get enough for a good dinner at one of those up north supper clubs.

Or a couple fish frys!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 3:04pm
If you guys put something together in early Sept, I think you might pull some of us from MI. Let us know if this might happen.
8122, that Zip would go fast if put up for sale. Like RainDog said, that thing was made back when toys were made for fun and had no stinkin warning stickers on them. I've always been a big fan of Darwins theory. Thinning of the herd.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 6:34pm
yeah I would most likely be in for another trip. If you were going to go Tullfooter we could maybe meet up drive together.

Keep us posted, where and when.
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 7:23pm
I think I might have an old zip sled in the barn I'll see.I know there is an orange bobski down there.As I remember you have to pull the rear plugs on a zip sled to get a really wild ride.

I'm sure envious of all the group that got together at GL,Great pics!!!

Munday
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 7:41pm
One cool boat!!

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 7:45pm
timeless!

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 8:05pm
Correct craft, in the city..

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 8:10pm
MM That is a way cool pic of Petes boat.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 10:05pm
Hey I sat through the same traffic on the way there. Not on the way home though. Ok it's the week end I am ready to go back... Just kidding but I will for sure be there next year. Hopefully it can be a week later next year.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 11:51pm
seeing red..

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 11:52pm
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 11:54pm
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 11:58pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic