NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Update w/ Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6789>
Author
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 4:54pm
Mojo,

Would the dates be July 11-13; or 18-20?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Mojo,

Would the dates be July 11-13; or 18-20?

Chuck

Chuck,
Should be the 11-13th...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 6:15pm
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 6:41pm
Mark,

nice pics dude!

Moj, 11-13 for sure then i will book the room for next year!Thanks again for your hospitality and the use of your driveway! Your the best man!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Mark,

nice pics dude!

Moj, 11-13 for sure then i will book the room for next year!Thanks again for your hospitality and the use of your driveway! Your the best man!!

Paul,

Mark does pic up on some cool ways to picture the boats, we that and babes....

Paul, no prob my friend... Anytime, anywhere !!! Thanks for the help Sat. You and Mike were a kick to hang with... Ended up air freighting in a starter and the damn boat fired up on the first crank... That slowness was a cooked motor coil in the damn thing, which then blew the module... Damn thing ran great the rest of the trip.. Still need a thermostat change, that's about it..

Book the room dude !!!
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 2:07pm
Lakeside it is!!!!! Quinner booked the rest of the rooms and gave one up to me.

Within stumbling distance of the Goose Blind!

Damn i can't wait already!

paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 2:10pm
That's the ticket Paul !!! Perfect..
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 7:14pm
Thought there was like12 pages what happend to the rest of them? Anyway, just to let everyone know there is only 2 more rooms and the apartment avaiable at the Bayview for next years tenative date. Please ignore the poor spelling.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 7:18pm
Hey,

Keith,Alan,Mojo,

I just heard that Kieth wants to have the Green Lake reunion on the 18th and 20th instead of the11th -13th???? Is that true?

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 7:23pm
Probably to early to know, but either date it falls on perhaps allyall may want to do what we did and reserve rooms for both dates, Paul - Hollywood - Johnny - Brownie and I are in at the Lakeside again, either weekend.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 7:29pm
What the?! Paul, you are good. I just typed that about 10 mins. ago in an email.

Anyway, my preference was later in the month for personal reasons but Dave informed me the other weekends are booked with other events happening in Green Lake.

Seems like July 11-13, 2008 is best.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Thought there was like 12 pages what happend to the rest of them?

I changed the number of posts per page displayed (thus reducing the number of pages) to make long posts easier to read.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 7:46pm
Once again another great job done by Keith trying to make life easy on us. I thought everything was still there.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 7:59pm
Guys,
It's to soon to tell what the CofC has in store for other major groups in July of next year, but I do know that Bill, the Chamber President has us kinda pegged again for the same dates next year.. I'll try to find out more, but I would leave it the same, or book both weekends and cancel one later... It's worked for Chris and crew two years now..

Da Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 9:06pm
holy sh*t, telephone, telegraph and tell quinner!!!!!

There's a lot of pressure for us to set a date guys but we can't do it right now. Like Keith said, odds are it will be 11-13th but book both and cancel as soon as we know.

We'll be on this right after labor day.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 3:06am
After talking with Bill last year...he mentioned that we had picked a good time to do it and might what to try to stick with it for the same time each year....I like the idea of that ... We are all ready booked! Damn good sign , if we are already booking rooms
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 11:23am
The 11-13th would be the best, I'm sure Wisconsin State Show Tournament in RApids is The following weekend, so try to avoid that one, I need to make it to both. Oh, and July 11th is my birthday, so that would be cool;)
Dan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 11:28am
Sorry keith!!! Didn't mean to stirr things up!!

We are covered for both weekends so.......either one will do for me!!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Hey Pete,
Is there a place Jason can go to find a period correct Pylon for that age CC?? He's looking for all the help ha can get regarding this??

Thanks
Dave

Dave, Wow! I missed your post! I need to look at some Chris pictures first because I'm not to sure what would look period correct in it. Chris wasn't putting in pylons until I think the late 50's in boats like the Super Sport. I need to get my books out and check. It may need to be a fabricated item. I made mine in the Atom.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 7:16pm
I am all set for the 11th-13th. Would be arriving thursday next year instead of friday though. Seems like I missed out on a day of fun.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Dave, Wow! I missed your post! I need to look at some Chris pictures first because I'm not to sure what would look period correct in it. Chris wasn't putting in pylons until I think the late 50's in boats like the Super Sport. I need to get my books out and check. It may need to be a fabricated item. I made mine in the Atom.[/QUOTE]

Pete,
It has an open, backsided bulkhead where down on the floor straight below is where the battery sits.. Is there a chance in hell he could mount a ski eye to the top of the bulkhead without having the thing ripped to shreads or look stupid??

Jason really appreciates and info that can be found on retrofiitng the old 57'

Thanks Much,
Dave
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 8:08pm

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Hey Pete,
Is there a place Jason can go to find a period correct Pylon for that age CC?? He's looking for all the help ha can get regarding this??

Thanks
Dave

Dave, Wow! I missed your post! I need to look at some Chris pictures first because I'm not to sure what would look period correct in it. Chris wasn't putting in pylons until I think the late 50's in boats like the Super Sport. I need to get my books out and check. It may need to be a fabricated item. I made mine in the Atom.

OK, I've been going through the pictures of the Chris Crafts in a series of books I have written by Bob Speltz called the "Real Runabouts". It's sort of the bible for old wood boat restorers as Bob spent his life putting pictures and history together.

The earliest I can find a ski pull on a Chris is 1959 on their 17' ski. I called it a ski pull because they didn't use a pylon but rather a ring and finger on a short piece of pipe. This was attached to a steel frame that was bolted to the stringers at the bottom and the engine near the top. The short piece of pipe then came through a small fixed section of the top of the dog house. I don't know what they used before 59 and don't want to get into the rear lifting eye debate again! One thing for sure, they weren't pulling tubes from the eye back then! I have provided the link again to a place that handles a lot of old Century parts. Since Century was a faster boat due to it's lighter construction, it was the preferred ski boat and they were putting on more ski pulls.

possible source for ring and finger

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 8:41pm
[QUOTE=Mojo]
Pete,
It has an open, backsided bulkhead where down on the floor straight below is where the battery sits.. Is there a chance in hell he could mount a ski eye to the top of the bulkhead without having the thing ripped to shreads or look stupid??
Jason really appreciates and info that can be found on retrofiitng the old 57'
Thanks Much,

Dave,
I'm not too keen on the bulkhead idea because it wasn't designed for it and it would see most of the load. There is a seat pad on top of the dog house that could be removed for skiing. The ring and finger could then be put through a hole in the dog house into a framework fastened to the engine and stringers. With the seat pad back on, the boat would be back to original! The frame would take some engineering and the work of a welder but that's the route I wold look at. By the way, I don't think the windshield is original because in 57 the Sportsman flat decks started using the Taylor made curved plexi. Someone a long the line may have done some "retro" work on it. I need to ask Steve!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 10:26pm
Not trying to steer a date for next years GL either way, But when I tried booking a room the following weekend at the bayview, she told me they were already full due to a golf outing staying there. That would be one hotel completely already booked for the following week end. Just thought I would pass that info on.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 12:56am
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

We are all ready booked!

Same here.....Bayview, here come the CCers again!

Rob
BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 1:57am

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 4:47am
Thanks to all who have posted pics....I continue to enjoy each new post! Can't get enough...feed me more!

I need to get on the stick and get our pics on! We got some good ones...even a shot of the camera shy Marshall Morgan and myself starting the morning right with make your own bloody Marys! Will soon get them up.

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 11:36am
OK! 11th through the 13th. Anyone have the Bayviews phone # handy. I've got it but at home.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 11:48am

OK! 11th through the 13th. Anyone have the Bayviews phone # handy. I've got it but at home.

(920)294-6504
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2007 at 11:51am
thanks Steve

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6789>
  Share Topic