FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Update w/ Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake Reunion Update w/ Photos
    Posted: July-14-2007 at 4:30am
Hey Guys,
Friday - July 13th: It was great to see everyone from last year, and to meet a few new people as well. Tomorrow should be great. Here are a few photos from the Bay View:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2007 at 7:26pm
Can anyone who is not at the event tell me who these two are ??

And this will prove to you how tight of a bond that these boats provide for all of us.They were both kind enough to troubleshoot and repair Mojo's boat with help from another member who provided the "Spare part" on the spot Friday night so he could be part of the festivities all weekend long.I will post a ton of pics when the Official Green Lake post pop's up.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2007 at 7:36pm
The guy holding the bottle is Chris/79nautique.
Tim D
Quigs85SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quigs85SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 12:57am
My bet is that the guy in the boat is Boat Dr. I bet you guys are having a blast. Wish I could be there.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 2:24am
Looks like a fun time !!!
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 2:26am
I think guy on left is reidp
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 2:26am
Ding Ding Quigs got the correct answer.I am sure there is a lot of quality shots to come from others.I missed the in the water show so I have nothing but parking lot shots for you.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 2:38am
That's not Reid in the boat, he doesn't have that much hair.
Tim D
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 4:04pm
It was a pleasure meeting all the friends I feel I developed on CCfan in person that previously have only been on the other side of a computer screen. Thanks everyone. It certainly was a fun weekend even though the weather on Saturday wasn't the best. I'm already looking forward to next year.
The only problem I had was several hours ago within 2 blocks of my house. I was pulled over by our own village police and issued a "compliance citation" for not having plates on the trailer. Illinois requires them and Wisconsin doesn't!! Since all my boats are registered in Wisconsin I have never tagged my trailers! Per the officer, the tag's on the tow vehicle and not the boat determine if the trailer needs plates. Sure sounds like a lot of BS to me!
Thanks again and we will be talking I'm sure.

With the exception of Reid's fun house/storage shed, I have never see so many Correct Crafts in one place at one time!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 4:43pm
Yes, it's hard to believe that the two were fighting like cats and dogs a couple months ago! Now their common interests and vast knowledge got together to fix the boat. Of coarse leave it up to Tim (TRBenj) to have a spare module for the high tech fancy distributor/electronic ignition!! Probably the only one within 500 miles.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 6:13pm
Another great day yesterday. Here are a few shots from Saturday. More photos to come shortly.

Tim (TRBenj) backward footing with the help of Mike Seiple's coaching:

Parade of boats heading out to the Sandbar:

Hanging out at the Sandbar:

Chris (79Nautique) letting it run:

Correct Craft Pro Rider, Adam Wensink catching big air off the 210:

Dinner at the Goose Blind:
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 6:50pm
Looks like a Great turn out, and some Beautiful boats out there.
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 7:02pm
Congrats to you as well Pete.That boat is just SICK !!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 10:05pm
I had a great weekend also! Thanks to everyone who planned the weekend and worked the schedule during the weekend. I enjoyed everyone I met (with the exception of the guy with the really loud stereo ).

A special thanks to Reid and Laurie for letting me just fly in and use all of their stuff. Also, thanks to Quinner for being patient enough to drag me around several times on a wakeboard. You're awesome.

I'm really looking forward to next year.

-JMurph
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2007 at 11:28pm
A couple of really nice guys in that picture. Everyone at the event was very nice. I'm sorry that I did not get to meet you Terry.

-JMurph
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 12:30am
Just arrived back home a little while ago. We made a pit stop on the way home at M3fans house. He got a quick preview of the video and pics to come. Also had to wish Mrs M3fan good luck with her upcoming "delivery".

What a great group of people for the second year in a row! It's not often that you meet a whole group that you can bond with so quickly. You guys are like a second family, and getting to put faces with names is great - thanks for all the memories.

Many, many awesome boats, and to see them all in the water together was a great sight! I have a ton of pics that I'll try to post tomorrow. Those of you that missed it need to put in for vacation time as soon as the dates for the 2008 reunion are announced.

Special thanks once again to Alan (81Nautique), Dave (Mojo), and Keith for putting the event together. Also thanks to Quinner for letting me drive "my wife's future boat" , and making me deaf for the next week. I'm all Kid Rock'd out for the rest of my life. Thanks buddy.

Hope to see the pics start popping up soon.

Rob & Dena
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 1:10am

The one on the left is Boat Dr.

The boat did start Fri. nite with the new part; but, did stop running again Sat. AM.

I am back in Indy - Sun PM after a fun time meeting overyone there for the fist time.

Will try again for next yr..

Hope everyone has a safe trip home.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 1:56am
A great time was had by all despite the weather on Saturday . A lot of new friends were made and some old friends seen again .

A Pic of returning home just before unloading

Friday weather
]

Saturday weather

Sunday weather
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 2:04am
A few to make your mouth water

Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 2:40am
Guys, What beautiful photos...I've got to get there. What a great forum.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 2:54am

Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 3:25am
Yes that above pics were a sight I would not have believed had I not seen it in person.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 3:37am
Saturday morning was really rough, infact rough was not the word for it. When we went out at 5 am for the barefoot clinic we had to ride all the way across the lake in 1-2 waves to find some footing water. But we found it and we got some very good lessons.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 4:29am

Boat doc's boat at GL

My brother and my wife sitting on the boat at the sand bar

MM and Blondie at the sand bar

Trying to get a 4 man foot run in, on really rough water behind the BFN.

more sand bar pics
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 7:14am
Yeeeeeehaaaaaa !!!!!!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 7:17am
Thats so cool with Boat Dr. and 79 bonding...... THose first few months were pretty rough, and now it's a made for TV happy ending. As the dude would put it, this is a great forum.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 7:18am
Kudo's to 79 for always having a beer in his hand !!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 8:56am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

"my wife's future boat"

Rob & Dena

I hear you loud and clear. Nice to meet you guys this weekend. Shoot me an email through my diaries link with your address and phone number. (I really just want your email address so I can start raining down spam on you.)

-JMurph
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 11:56am
The amount of great conversations, laughs, new bonds and incredible sights are far too numerous to list.

I, of course, had a blast. Less obvious, however, is my family had a great time, inspite of me geeking out over the vintage boats. This is the best reflection of the great group of people that have formed around the site and our boats.

De, my wife, had to endure from me a constant, gushing string of stories from the forums of how "he did this to his boat" and "can you believe Pete indexed ALL of the screws and plugs on his Atom" and "he has a MONSTER motor in there" ad infinitum. She indulged me and just listened patiently.

And as a GL lifer, I can tell you that the wind waves on Saturday could have been a lot worse. I've crossed that puddle with 3' white caps all the way across. We had surfable waves coming over the deck of the pontoon boat the entire way!

Huge kudos to Alan, Dave and Keith. You guys (and your families) sacrificed a good chunk of your personal summer time to bring this together. I doubt we could really express how much each one of us appriciate it.

Incriminating pictures to follow (we had our camera out late on Saturday night!)

-Steve
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2007 at 2:04pm
Made it back home about 2 this morning. We kept delaying our departure dreading the return to the real world and leaving so many great people behind.

I can't say enough on one little post here about how satisfying this weekend was for me personnally and I hope everyone gets home safely and has some lasting memories and new friends.

87, I woke up at 3am to the sound of my awning trying to tear away from the motorhome it was so windy. I layed there for an hour thinking there's no way we're gonna pull this off. I was going to follow you guys across the lake but after battling waves that reminded me of an episode of Alaskan Crap fishing I decided to hook you guys up and try to figure what to do with the wakeboarders. I am so thrilled that all worked out for you guys and we have now added 2 new barefooters and 2 new back barefooters to the site. More to follow I'm sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
  Share Topic