NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shelbyville weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shelbyville weekend
    Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:05pm
There was talk at Green Lake about another run at Shelbyville. First or second weekend after labor day came up as a possible date. We'd be open for either and would probably do the same as last year, camp friday and saturday night.

We could have a pretty good gathering of fans. I talked to Stang, Brian, Rob L, Joel and Todd and time permitting are all in. Brian said he'd bring out the Carver again. Anybody is welcome.

Let's see if we can set a date.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:53pm
Here's some pics from last year: Sheby 2006
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 1:56pm
Count me in, Alan. The dates look good on my calander. It would be nice to extend the season a few more weeks.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 2:14pm
Anything after Labor Day looks good.

Alan, I still have one of your cutting board skis that hopefully I can have replicated by it's drowning anniversary. I was way out of my league attempting a grasshopper with his custom made shoe skis on my hands. One came off and I couldn't get out of the toe hold in time to grab it before she went down.

I've been searching gratch' sales for authentic cutting boards but can't find any. Even contemplated stealing my grandmother's. Might break down and just buy some low density plastic and see if I can get them some extra bouyancy. My biggest problem has been finding a matching pair of white rubber toe holds. Still haven't figured out that damn flip turn ski either, only tried it out one day and gave up in a hurry.

Shelbyville was a nice relaxing weekend of boating. I'm still sore from GL and have been falling asleep at the wheel all week.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 2:28pm
Kevin,

I've been looking for an old set of combos to strip and make another pair. I'm kinda itching to get on the shoes. Most shoes skis I've seen that use the plastic have foam wrapped around the straps and that must keep them afloat. I also need a step off ski, haven't run into anything at yard sales lately so if you run across something cheap keep me in mind.

Now as for Reids in August, please keep me up to date as I have this urge to head that way. I don't know how I'd pull that off but I'm going to work on it. You guys flying, driving, pulling a boat?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 2:40pm
Flying, to maximize time with the NC gang. Friday night August 3rd ~7pm chicago-charlotte, flying back Monday, August 6th ~9am. We want to maximize our time at the Pinkham compound.

I was going to put trimmed down handle floats on the ankle straps. That should keep them up. I'm all about the old ski equipment, constantly pulling stuff out of the garbage that the show team throws out. Last week I got about 200' of green tac line one of the boats ran over. SCORE! I even learned how to make real loops as well. If I find any good drop skis I'll bring them along. Haven't found any gems along the side of the road yet this season.

Paul, I have an old wooden 69" jumper that's cracked down the middle that should hold 5-6 shots on it comfortably. I need to go shopping for grommets and shot glasses now. If you need bigger than that you'll have to go drop $1k on one of those carbon fiber 90" jump skis Krueger and them boys are stomping over 200' on.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 6:48pm
As I am not familiar with the area what is shelbyville close to. Please excuse the dumb question, but I would really like to go if I can fit it in.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 6:55pm
It's about 4 hours south of Chicago. About 2 hours south of Bloomington/Normal, maybe 1 hour south of Decator. Here's an area map: Shelby

Shelbyville is BIG WATER. It's Illinois' best shot at a lake like Powell. We had horrible weather the whole time and still found a nice still spot to set in the course both days (in 50+ ft of water). The lake is so big that it's very easy to get lost once you get out!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 7:12pm
looks like another 8 hour drive.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 1:13am
Well I should be done by then (yeah right says Alan) so I would be in for it.I have a friend who is in Decatur and is having twins in a few so I know the MS. would be in.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 1:19am
Does not matter when....I'm down man!

There will be plenty of boats...if it's easier not to trail one...just drive down anyway! Nobody gets left on shore!

Steve ...the water temp will be warmer than it was at GL...usually early Sept here is very nice weather wise! Glad your comming!

Paul???? Do it bro! 6 hrs...is a cakewalk!

Reid...look at the map...if you go to GL during that time and trail your boat home you can go right down through central Illinois...6 hours from GL...and I think 12-13 hrs to your pad!

Joel...did ya have that baby yet?(well,not you...I mean Beth...you know what I mean)
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 1:43am
Shelbyville.....let us know the date, and we're there.

Rob & Dena
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 1:54am
Alan , Shellbyville sounds like a good time . The 14,15,16, Would work the best for us . What are the accomadations ? Is there a campground ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 2:08am
Campground...yes and thats where most stayed last year. There is also...a hotel and golf course a short boat ride across the lake.
stang

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 2:09am
Stang,

The baby was born yesterday. Beautiful baby girl! Thanks for asking!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 2:13am
Thats absolutely....OUTSTANDING!!!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2007 at 2:12pm
M3Fan that's great to hear congrats to you and the Mrs.

Any week end after labor day should work for me. But if I come I will definitely be brining the boat.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 12:33am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Shelbyville.....let us know the date, and we're there.

Oops....this is what I get for not checking with the wife.....we absolutely, positively, CAN'T go the weekend of the 1st. Any of the others are good.

Rob
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 2:30am
For those that haven't seen it, or haven't seen it in a while, the Shelbyville 2006 video returns! I don't see how we'll be able to make it this year, but I hope the turnout is good and everyone has fun.

Shelby 2006 video (29.1 MB, Quicktime)
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

First or second weekend after labor day came up as a possible date.

Rob, not to worry. I think Labor Day weekend itself is pretty much out for everyone. I know it is for me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 12:27pm
Let's try to nail a weekend down.

It would be either Sept 8-9 or sept 15-16

Please list which weekend will be best for you or Either if it doesn't matter. We'll see what works for most and go from there. Use the quote feature so we can keep it all together. thanks

81 nautique Either.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 12:27pm

81 nautique Either.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 12:38pm

81 nautique Either.

RainDog - Either
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 1:38pm
Joel, Congrats to you and Beth... !!! Your daughter will be your best friend forever !! Again enjoy (oh and call Brian for pointers hahah)
Stang/Alan, what are the hotel accommodations like down in Shelbyville?? Isn't there a resort close by?? Sept 15 is out for me, but the weekend before might be doable?? I'd love to get the boat down there this year and hang with yoall!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 1:58pm
Moj'-

The big resort down there is Eagle Creek resort. I've stayed there twice now, but never again. This resort's glory days are long over. It looks to me like it was a great resort when they built it (probably late-80's) but they haven't upgraded a single thing since then. The staff/service is generally awful. I don't know what kind of Kool-aid the staff is on but it's like everyone is just a little off. As for the facilities, if it's not dirty, it's run down. I'd avoid this resort at all costs. My apologies if this offended anyone.

On the plus side, they have wonderful docks for your boat, but be careful as it's very shallow around the docks and it's all rock on the bottom.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 2:19pm

Either

Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Either

Either

Not to mention you have to swerve back to the other side fo the lake. How long of a drive was it Joel? It's very dark once the sun goes down too, best bet is sit around the camp fire and knock out some MGDs, Coors Light, or any one of those Bud products you can choke down. Alan's got the LCD with DVD player, and Joel's got the video covered. If the Weitekamps are there you'll be blown away by their camping abilities, they live better under a tent than the entire population of some countries.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Either

Either

Either

Either's good for me too.

Joel, congrats to you and Beth on the new baby girl! I forsee her inagural ski run, Green Lake 2008.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Either

Either

Either

Either's good for me too.

Thanks Johnny. We probably will not be able to make it all the way down and back to Shelby this year with the little bundle, so I'll vote "Neither" and/or Possibly the later date.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 7:23pm
Ok, then, if camping is out of the question, where does one stay under a roof other than this lamo resort Joel is refering to???

I for one love camping, but my better half will never go for it...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

I for one love camping, but my better half will never go for it...

Moj'

I know the feeling exactly. I was loving hanging out at the campground at Shelby but the wife would have never stayed the night there. I don't know what other resorts are around there, but there has to be more.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic