NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Impromptu NC Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 6:54pm
Good one!

Thanks to this thread, I've got Wham stuck in my head "wake me up before you go go"
BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 11:47pm
Hey Reid, if i were u i wouldn't let Quinner stay in the main house. He might get lonely in the middle of the night and give Boaty and Skipper a little visit!
I'd hate to see what that litter of puppies would look like, if you know what i mean!!!!!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 11:31am
Well Lisa, since you brought it up, remember this picture of Chris Jr number one? I don't think we need any more of these little quinner's running around.   

Fortunately, my two have been rendered non-reproducible, and for the benefit of all mankind, hopefully quinner has been too.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2007 at 11:48am
Reid,

Oh man...you had to post that again!?..just when i was getting over the nightmares from the last time!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 4:16am
JBEAR is in DA HOUSE!!! Yes folks, he's still alive and showed up tired and weary (and thirsty) this evening in NC after his ride in from TN. He's anxious to get back on The Site here and will possibly catch up on the computer tomorrow (Thurs) while I'm showing my face at work. I'm feeling overly grateful to have him and Patty AND THEN the Chicago clan, and hopefully a handfull of others showing up. Christmas come early.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 10:50am
Reid,

What time are things starting to roll on Saturday?
Greg

86 BFN
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 11:38am
Reid.....Yor sick man!!! Fell out of my chair laughing!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 12:32pm
Greg, We'll be starting things up asap Saturday AM as I know those guys want some foot action before the lake chops up. But then it'll be going all day. So please make it up whenever you can regardless of time. Same for NautiqueFanatic and Frk. Got any questions, just call me at 704-451-5080.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 4:29pm
Reid, Jbear and other dudes: have a great time! Wish I were there to join you.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 5:46pm
Hey Reid,

I finally have things worked out on my end. I am meeting a friend at exit 36 tomorrow afternoon / night. We are just going to hang out in Charlotte for the weekend. We might come by to see where you are located tomorrow night, but will definately be there first thing Sat. a.m.
Greg

86 BFN
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 9:51pm
Reid,
I am bummed that I cannot make the party at your place.
With the newborn baby I need to hang with the wife and help out !! We both have not gotten very much sleep in the past few days. I talked with Boat Dr today about the 1958 Starflite down here at Wylie and I will be emailing him pics tommorrow.
After a few weeks I will be able to play !!
Trying to figure out when I can get the baby in to one of the boats for a ride!!

Cheers !!
Mike
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 3:45am
Greg, we'll be hanging out Friday afternoon/evening as well, so drop on by if you can.

Mike, I'm so happy for you and will do my best to have your share of fun here with the guys this weekend. We've got many more years to go with the boats, so do like you're planning and make sure you use every minute of these irreplacable moments with that little future boating baby. We'll look forward to seeing you at the classic boat show next month!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 10:03am
I will be there for sure !!
Thanks,
Mike

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 2:54am
Well guys me and mrs jbear just returned to Central Florida tonite about 9 pm from the palatial Pinkham compound. What a weekend! Never, ever turn down an invite from Reid and Laurie. They and all their friends treated us like royalty. There was plenty of boats to try, Nautique John provided us with a Fish Nautique, a very fast BFN, used for our 6 (!!) man and a 196 for those that wanted to just ski. Marshall's boat, with new cam, thanks to Jerry, was there. Plus a Donzi Sweet 16 and my '80. Add in Reid's Shamrock plus Tom's BFN, Dan's beautiful Mustang and all the others that just stopped by, well it was just to cool. There was so much to drive that we barely got to ski or drink.

Add to all that the pleasure and excitment of meeting quinner, Johnny and seeing Hollywood again, plus meeting Greg from Atlanta (ask him about after dark skiing) and his friend Tom. We made lots of new friends and pissed off a couple of people in Reid's cove. But it was all just awesome. We can't thank Reid and Laurie enough.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 12:05pm
Laurie & Reid,

Outstanding host for the weekend. You guys have a great place on Lake Norman & enjoy sharing it with friends & even people you have never met. Can't thank you enough for opening up the Pinkham Plantation to all of us for the weekend. Your local friends are great as well. They pitched in to help provide food, boats, run errands, whatever was needed you all stepped up to provide & never ask for anything in return. Please extend my thanks again to each & everyone one of them when you see them next. It was great to meet Hollywood, Quinner, Johnny, & Maddie from Chicago & Jbear & Patti from Florida. You guys make it easy to take off & drive 4 hours to hang out with people you meet on the internet. Some great barefooting this weekend even you all can't keep with Eddie! I can't wait till the next time Tom & I can meet up with all of you (and hopefully more next time)to hang out for the weekend.

Thanks again to all for the great weekend & I have a lot of pics to get posted when I get a chance.

And Jbear, I don't ski after dark, it is against the law!

Greg

86 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 1:03pm
Didnt sound like skiing after dark was against the law only doing it without lights!
Reid thank you so much for your hospitality.Everyone associated with this week was so friendly and made everyone else feel so much at ease.
Great boats,beautiful weather,friendly people couldn't ask for much more.
Again my thanks to you and Laurie.
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 10:49pm
Now we just need some pics from this weekend. WOW what a blast guys I'm so glad to see everyone agian. Hope to do it agian sometime.   Next time I will work on the sking part lol
So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 12:59am
Yeah..wheres the pics, cant wait to see how that Shotski worked! wish we could have been there! Is it true you guys killed a keg in one day?
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 1:14am
I got the 1st keg on friday at 330 by 5 on Sat it was gone and Jonny and I went to get the 2nd one.
So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 1:46am
If skiing after dark is no good then driving for skiing after dark must be even worse.

Josh...you are always to busy to waste time skiing. Sorry I forgot to mention all your help over the weekend.

Tom...great to see ya on here as well.

MM....I love ridin the shot-ski. Jerry mixed us up some great stuff that tasted just like apple pie.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 11:43am
I just realized my memory card with most of my pictures is at home. I will try to post those tonight. Here are a couple.

All the young guns getting ready to be schooled by master Eddie.

They did get the 6 man, but pics at home. Here is the 5 man. L to R: Hollywood, Johnny, Nautique John, Jbear, Quinner.

Greg

86 BFN
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 2:41pm
Here's a little video clip of the 5-man. I wish we'd had a closer viewing spot so you could see more before they started dropping off, but they had to start deep in the cove to get the calmest water. Please notice the extreme professionalism of the boat driver.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 3:20pm
What a great weekend! Reid and Laurie were the best hosts ever, and the Pinkham compound is a boaters paradise! There was at least 7-10 boats on Reid's dock at all times, each one with an open invitation to drive. It was great to get to see some of the friendly faces from Green Lake so soon after. Meeting Tom, Greg, and Jbear was awesome as well. Barefoot Eddie (seen in skicat's) second picture is a freak of nature, barefooting through chop many couldn't handle with a ski on! The 5 and 6 man barefoot runs were great to be a part of, 6 was a personal record for me. And yes the rumors are true...Reid is a hell of a driver, perfect pulls every time. Reid and Laurie, thank you so much for having us, it was one of the best weekends of the summer for sure!
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Sabre002 Sabre002 wrote:

I got the 1st keg on friday at 330 by 5 on Sat it was gone and Jonny and I went to get the 2nd one.

Hollywood and I stayed up and killed the second keg Sunday night/Monday morning. Time of death: approximately 2:00am. Fortunately, a fridge full of beer allowed us to stay up until it was time to go to the airport.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 4:15pm
Nicely stated Johnny, and once again Reid and Laurie are so awesome, Reid drove for all the multi-man foot run's and did an exceptional job with that awesome bowtie powerplant, Ruck kept us well fed the entire weekend and Nautique John kept us skiers skiing, footin and wakesurfin, JBear was like a teenager and quite a trooper when I took him out along with myself on one of the 6 man runs, it was great meeting Tom and Greg, really looking forward to seeing all Greg's photo's, Josh was instrumental in keeping the cold beer flowing and Jerry keeping the boats organized and running, Reid's compound is party central and could easily be confused for a marina with all the boats in and around his piers. Thanks So Very Much to Reid and Laurie along with all the others that made this one of the best weekends ever!!

Maddie and Chris

PS, forgot to mention Boatie and Skipper, the 2 lucky dog's who Maddie played with for hours on end.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 4:45pm
Local talent at the Charlotte airport.

Pinkham Compound

jbear doing some fine tuning

barefoot Eddie

Sometime between the hours of 2-6am Monday morning.

skicat has most of the skiing pictures, Johnny has some from the party cove, and Laurie and Quinner were taking pics of during the festivities on the grounds.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 5:06pm
Looks like you all had a great time!!!

Wish i could have attended!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 11:10pm
We sure wish you could've been there too. I think you would have had an awesome time.

H.W: Now you have blown my cover, all the guys here know I don't usually go under the motor box. Nice shot of quinner telling me to "move closer". Sure wish I could have stayed over to help you and Johnny with that tough overnite job.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 12:27am
Guys,
I wish I could have made it !! Instead of Keg Stands, I was doing diaper changes and hand offs of the baby to Steph for feeding time. Parent hood is great but I still hate I missed the Party at "The Pinkham's "
The pics are great looks like a great time was had by all !!
Mike
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 1:20am
Ok, I have my pictures uploaded. There are over 200 of them, so I am going to leave them on Photobucket & give you the link to them there. Enjoy!

Reid's Get Together
Greg

86 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic