Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
my4sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop recommendations
    Posted: July-23-2007 at 1:45am
New to the site, I have a 94 closed bow Ski Nautique that we love, unfortunately my son hit a bouy tonight and we need a new prop. They are into wakeboarding/skating but I still love to ski. Looking for recommendations on a good prop and where to buy it. Thanks!
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 9:54am
Delta Prop

These people are site sponsors. There is a page on their site where you can input the information about your boat and your boating preferences then a tech guy will email you back with his recommendations, usually next day.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 11:03am
My4sons, From the sound of your screen name, you may want to consider buying 4 props!! You could then assign a prop to each of your sons to be responsible for!! I was a kid at one time too and did go through a few. In fact, one of them on a bouy. I hid the anchor of the bouy and knocked 1 whole blade off. Nope the prop shop couln'd repair that one!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 11:20am
Which motor and transmission do you have? Most likely its a 285hp Proboss with the 1.23, but there were other powertrains available...

If thats the case, the best prop Ive tried so far is the Acme 470. It gives you a little more RPM due to the decreased pitch, but it outperformed everything else Ive run on the boat so far (both holeshot and top end). If you have a spare prop to use for a few weeks, Ill be doing a big comparison test that will showcase just about all the props available for our hull. If you cant wait, the 470 is a safe bet. Ive had great luck buying from Delta.
my4sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 1:52pm
Need a little more help, thanks! The boat has a Pleasure Craft Marine Engine Model
PLP-PR-R12PT, trying to figure out the transmission. Stamping on the current/original prop doesn't tell me whether the shaft is 1 or 1 1/8, it's an OJ 93 Legend 14 16, also stamped T1993.

Going to borrow a neighbors puller to take it off, but any additional help will be awesome!

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 2:35pm
Youve got the 1.23 tranny and 285/300hp motor. The L means you have a LH (standard) rotation motor, and I believe the 2nd P is the code for the upgraded heads (D would be the standard 240/255 hp motor).

The 14x16 prop is also a giveaway for the 1.23. My recommendation stands- the 470 would work great for you. If you can wait a few weeks, we'll find out if the 1442 or the OJ XMP works better- but I can tell you for sure that the 470 blows away the stock Federal and 4-blade OJ Legend.
my4sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 6:38pm
Thanks a million, boys will be back at school in a couple weeks, will take your suggestion and get the 470.
my4sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 6:46pm
Just to double check, the L indicates the left hand engine rotation, and according to the manual the R in the last set of numbers before the 12PT means right hand propeller shaft rotation, therefore I need an RH propeller?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 6:56pm
Yup, all direct drive Correct Crafts turn a RH prop. The 1.23 reverses the direction of rotation, allowing the use of a standard (LH) rotation motor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic