NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whos going to the Olando Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2007 at 11:56pm

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2007 at 11:58pm

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 12:01am
Thanks Mark for all the great shots. Actually I think alot of the pics were taken by Lisa (BlondieGurl) and Marks daughter Kailie (I am sure I spelled that wrong)......of course the best pic was of ski Lime and the '80 side by side.

It is easy to be friendly when you get to meet people like BJ and Paul Carpenter. One of the best things about this site has been the people Patti and I have meet here. Starting with 62Woodhead and his wife Pam, ReidP and Laurie, Backfoot and JoAnne, Mark, Lisa and Keith, The PLBC guys and quinner, JEFF KOSTIS, the Lake and all the guys we haven't met yet but talk to like Alan, Mojo, Ken, BKH, Scott, Mike and of course our fearless leader, Keith. What a great bunch.

We spoke with Ralph Meloon...great to see him still getting out amongst us at his age. We got to see old friends Ken Meloon and his wife from Mid-West Correct Craft up in Angola. Greg Meloon did a great job in the rain of handing out all the awards and prizes. And special mention has got to go to Theresa of SouthEast Correct Craft in Orlando for the HUGE amount of work she puts into this so we all have a great time.

Wow...enough of the name-dropping.

Yeah Mike...very observant...I had on last years Green Lake shirt and Patti wore this years. And yes, the Meloons noticed and commented on our site.

My personal favorites? After Lime and the '80 were the Torino that is being restored, the Red and White Classic that was best of show and BJ's beautiful restro job.

What a great time!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 12:04am
The Orange boat was for sale for 3-grand!

this one was for sale for 6-grand!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 12:13am

This was the only ski-tique at the show!

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 12:33am
The Tique was for sale too....but not getting much attencion.....he was unlucky enough to be parked next to hasbeen's beautiful boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 12:49am
jbear, I think the guy with the red Tique did sell it.
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 12:57am
Bet he had to lower the price being next to you!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:08am
REID...WE FOUND YOUR NEXT BOAT!!
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:14am
John,
You are too kind. It is like I tell my wife...anything is possible, just get out the check book. The man selling the Tique's name was Mick Nicolas. It was amusing to me listening to him hawk that boat. He even started it a few time for prospective buyers. There are two age old questions, (1) How many licks to the chocolate center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? and (2) How many dry starts does an impeller have in it? But I guess he got 'er done! bj
hasbeenskier
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:37am
This is my brothers keiths boat!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:39am
One Cool Boat!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:50am
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 2:08am
Great pictures, Sounds like everyone had a great time !!

Mike
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 10:41am
Beautiful boats...sorry we had to miss the event.

What was the newer red boat w/white graphics(jbear in pic) ...and the woody that wasn't painted black? They're all amazing, but those 2 got me.

Thanks for the pics...next best thing.
Greg
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 11:40am
Damn,

wish could have been there.....Alot of cool boats!!

WOW that 63 classic is so kick ass!!!

I can't believe those two boats 6 grand for the white and silver and 3 grand for the orange one........seems cheap.

Nice pics Mark!!Who's white and siver boat is that anyway?

Cant wait to do the shotski again with you and lisa.

Jbear.....you look good next to that classic! I think it's time you get you one of those!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Jbear.....you look good next to that classic! I think it's time you get you one of those!!

I agree! Which one is the classier classic??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 1:32pm
That's what i'm saying pete.......Put the classic jbear in a classic CC and you've got a perfect classic match!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 6:13pm
Fawesome pics MM/BG. I WILL make it to one of those someday!
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 10:56pm
MM thanks for the great pics. That pentax is doin the job.   Yall musta had a good time,    All the boats look clean      
Been thinkin about gettin a boat to just cruise in and the one for sale looks nice to have.
RootRacing
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 12:25am
Hey Greg; That red/white one was a 2000 I think. Reverse graphics. Very cool. I always liked those graphics but I think they were only used one year.

Me and Mark knew you would get a kick outa that Classic Paul. It was awful nice. Sweet motor as well. You should have seen the piture album he had. It was a wreck when he brought it home. I would only ride one a those if it came with a crew like yours. That model does look awesome in red!

Now I am not sure how to take all these classic comments. Am I gettin' old looking or what? I am only a little more "classic' than you Pete. I am from '51 and you are from '52. Of course me and you gotta be a couple of the oldest guys here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 12:51am
Well, we made it back home last night with the "Sanford & Son" 79 Nautique in tow. No problems on the trip home except my health. Seems I was very sick the whole trip. A trip to the doctor today confirmed that, but nothing some medicine won't cure!!

It was great to hang out with my best buddy BJ in Orlando and see his INCREDIBLE 81 Nautique.   Pictures don't do that boat justice, you must see the attention to detail in person. Very unique restoration and guaranteed not to rot.....ever! About the only wood in the entire boat is in the shifter knob. I cannot wait to see BJ ride that wakeboard he won!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right BJ!?!?!?

Getting to see Jane Cole and her family was a great treat. I could talk to them for hours. I also enjoyed meeting (thanks to Jane!) Billy and Vernelle Sides (Owners of the 53 CC). They are from my home town here in Albemarle NC and happen to be one of my best friend's aunt and uncle. Mr. and Mrs. Sides have lived in Orlando for many years, but they do get back to NC to visit family. I will try to get the 53 CC into the diaries section with Mr. Sides' help.    

Finally......I was able to meet Mr. and Mrs jbear, and maddmarxx. However, I wish I would have spent more time with these two. They are extremely nice and very loyal to CC !!! Those two have really nice boats, and madmarxx should get an award for most creative paint color!! That boat is BRIGHT!! I hope we can spend more time in the future trading stories and talking about our boats. Who knows where that might be......

I also met some new people while at the reunion, like Mike Alexander and his family with a 73 SN that I would like to own one day!! The CC family is the greatest.

I am already getting ready for next year in Orlando. I want to take my 79 BFN. We will see what happens.

I have some photos, but I may have to download them tomorrow night. I won't duplicate any that have already been posted.

We were very blessed with a safe vacation, and you all know who I have to thank for that!

pc

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 2:19am
Great to meet you as well Paul. Glad you had a safe trip. Hope you get to feel better soon. You know I gotta agree with all your comments as to the C/CFAN family.

We know where our blessings come from too.

Can't wait to see ya again. We always got a room here. You, BJ, me, Eddie, MM and Keith...sounds like a fun time.

john

PS: I'll drive just to see BJ on that board!
"Loud pipes save lives"

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 8:05am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Now I am not sure how to take all these classic comments. Am I gettin' old looking or what? I am only a little more "classic' than you Pete. I am from '51 and you are from '52. Of course me and you gotta be a couple of the oldest guys here.

john

John, We both have the same classic gray hair but at least we still have hair!! I don't feel old because of it. I consider myself to be of a classic age but feel we both have lots of great years ahead of us!! I've got more boats that I want to restore and a Classic would be one of the good choices.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 10:49am
Thanks John, those graphics 'like' being reversed where some others I've seen don't...I'd like to see the same effect in blue.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Got any pics of that boat with the checkers? Looks like a 2001.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 1:42am
I believe you are correct HW.

Mark probably has pics. Seems as tho he has pics of almost everything there ...execpt the newer boats.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 3:13pm
Where and when is the orlando reunion?
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 4:12pm
Sea World in September. CC ownwers get in for free I think with a nice meal and prizes. Very much worth the trip. My wife and I went with the JBear's this year. It was big fun.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 5:05pm
I can't wait.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic