NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM transmission info needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ac505 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM transmission info needed
    Posted: July-27-2007 at 10:35am
I need to replace the 3 o-rings on the oil pump cover on my PCM trans. I thought my oil leak was due to the shaft seal but unfortunately not. As a temporary measure, I've used some gasket sealant to keep everything oil tight, but I need to get the correct parts.

So my question is does anybody have the sizes and thickness of the o-rings as my local dealer (in the UK) cannot source the parts.

cheers, Ally.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2007 at 2:43pm
have to wait until Eric gets back from Vacation, unless some one else knows...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2007 at 5:57pm
I have been wondering were Erik has been! I didn't know he was on vacation. I thought that maybe he got stuck in a bilge someplace with his foot between a trans and the stringer!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2007 at 8:51pm
Nope, I called down there to talk to him, and they told me he was on vacation until a week from monday.
Jake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2007 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by ac505 ac505 wrote:

I need to replace the 3 o-rings on the oil pump cover on my PCM trans. I thought my oil leak was due to the shaft seal but unfortunately not. As a temporary measure, I've used some gasket sealant to keep everything oil tight, but I need to get the correct parts.

So my question is does anybody have the sizes and thickness of the o-rings as my local dealer (in the UK) cannot source the parts.

cheers, Ally.

Get in touch with Discount Inboard Marine (www.skidim.com). Their catalog has the breakdown of parts for both PCM and Warner transmissions. They also have the actual PCM transmission manual if you want to go that far. Great tech support as well.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 9:46am
I'll try to post sizes today in SAE, do you have a bearing supplier in your area? the best thing to do is take them to a bearing supplier and let them match them, I dont think anyone sells them seperatly.. i always buy complete seal and gasket kits which really gets me going because of the price of the kits,
"the things you own will start to own you"
ac505 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 10:11am
thanks Eric - just to confirm it's just the O-rings I am after. There back in the transission at present however do need replaced during the winter months as I'm reliant on sealant to stop the casing from leaking at present. Worst case scenario I can remove them, size them up and order replacements.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic