Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rotate trailer tires?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotate trailer tires?
    Posted: July-29-2007 at 1:22am
So since I'm swapping out my hubs to the lug nut type, and I have both tires off the trailer, is there any reason to put the "left" one on the right side, etc.? Maybe a stupid question, but I just had the tires on the tow rig rotated and it got me thinking.

Thanks,
Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2007 at 1:33am
The mindset for years was DO NOT CHANGE ROTATION OF RADIAL TIRES.
I think this has changed,correct me C/C Fans if wrong data transmitted.
My call on this is WHY?????
        boat dr
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2007 at 3:07pm
Is one wearing more than the other ? If not then dont change . Another thing is that you would be safer having more tread to the off road side .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 11:26pm
Boat doc, some manufactures have said it is now ok to change direction of radila tires. I go the old school way and refuse to change the direction of travel on a radial tire. After all a rep for dunlop, this is a manufacturer rep not a tire store guy. Told my cousin that it would be ok to turn is directional tires around for the winter to get better traction in the snow. My cousin asked they guy, won't this wear my tires out very quickly? The rep told him they would not wear any faster then if they were in the correct direction. The end of this story was they gave hive new tires for free, because it took only two months for the tires to go bald. The rep told him, they gave hime new tires becaus he must have recieved a bad set.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 11:42pm
The issue was not wear but that of cord separation,the bulging sidewall .
On several warranty issues with Goodyear over this problem w/ Marathon's{Ranger Bass Boats]The claim was denied,owner changed direction of tires.Port to Starboard is not recommended,by the manufacturer.
            boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic