Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electrical-Lights--Volt light

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical-Lights--Volt light
    Posted: August-01-2007 at 1:21pm
Ok, so now that i had the boat out a little later again, I put the Anchor lights on and the front lights. Did not take very long before the volt light (idiot light) came on and the voltage read about 10-11 volts. i turned the lights back off and the volts went back to 13-14 volts. Do you guys think there is a short somewhere? Where should I start to look?
Thanks for the help.
Dan
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 1:25pm
Its not a short. The power and ground wires running to our dashboards are notoriously undersized. All the Nautiques from the early 90's that Ive seen hehave the same way. Try running an extra power and ground and it should help.
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 1:47pm
Thanks Tim.

Hey I've gotta ask. Do you have a real job or do you drive al over the country to reunions, and sit at a desk and help out guys like me for a living? Just messing with you! Thanks for all the great advice. Did you do a thorough check with those props that you had on order yet?
Thanks
Dan
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by keegan99usa keegan99usa wrote:

sit at a desk and help out guys like me for a living?

I wish I got paid for that!

Ive run most of the props, but havent done the comparo with numbers yet. The new props from Acme (1442) and OJ (428) are still sitting in their boxes. Time has been tight lately and will be for a few more weeks... hopefully Ill find the time to sneak in some testing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic