NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

water pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: water pump
    Posted: August-02-2007 at 3:19pm
When running the boat in the drive on a hose....I am not getting much water out the exhaust...seems as if the RWP is not pulling enough water...I have anew impeller and O ring and it's installed correctly(it was doing this before the new impeller)pump looked good ...checked hoses for to make sure things are tight...flushed strainer(all is good there).

If T stat is bad will this effect the flow out the exhaust??? T stat housing is getting pretty hot after 5 min or so.As is the intake manifold.

Does the circ pump effect the flow out?

Not sure where to go next?

The boat did over heat on the lake....it stays right at 143...but was up to about 170 deg before I popped it on the trailer.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 3:47pm
Are you using a fake-a-lake? Was it sucked up tight with no leaking? If so, you might not had the water flow high enough.
Tim D
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 4:08pm
No fake-a-lake ,I use a hose up into the intake hose as far as it will go with no clamping...same as I always do...but much less exiting the exhaust. I turn the hose on enough that there is always water not getting sucked up(some goes back out the intake hose into the bilge. That has always worked in the past on all four boats. I wrapped my hand around the hose where the garden hose enters the intake hose and felt no extra suction.
stang

The Super Air

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 4:14pm
Gary, I think you have a leak somewhere on the suction side and are pulling air. The hose should supply plenty of water. The closed T stat will simply by pass the water out the back. The circ pump simply keeps the water moving through the block when the T stat is not fully open.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 4:43pm
Wll check for leaks! Thanks.
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 10:29pm
Well tighten all hoses...checked the t stat in hot water..it was fine..put a new gasket in the housing...ran it up to temp...everything seems fine.
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic