NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Floor Ice Chest Install

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor Ice Chest Install
    Posted: August-11-2007 at 12:37am
My 98 did as well. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2007 at 12:31am
my 94 does
my90sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my90sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 8:40pm
Does a Ski Nautique 196 have a cooler in the floor?
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 1:08pm
What about just making a compartment that you could put one of those soft coolers in. Then when you want to head to the beach you can just pull it out and take your cold beverages with you. It would be easier to fill and empty outside the boat.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
my90sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my90sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 1:52am
After much searching Correct Craft has discontinued the original cooler. If anyone with a newer Correct Craft has a floor cooler and would like to send some deminsions and photos it would be appreciated. Also if anyone with this cooler has some demensions maybe I can finf an alternate that is suitable. Any help is appreciated, sure would like some more room on the boat. Thanks, eb
my90sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my90sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 1:47am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Our '92 had one from the factory. It shouldnt be hard to add it to your boat, theres plenty of room under there. I would say the floor is plenty strong and wouldnt require any additional supports. Just cut a hole and drop it in.

my90sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my90sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 1:46am

Originally posted by my90sn my90sn wrote:

Thanks TRBenj,

The photo of the floor ripped is very helpful, is that a 90'Ski Nautique? Your gullwing seat photo shows a storage the same width of the battery box, but I think Im gonna try to find the wider drop-in cooler fron CC. Hopefully it wont restrict those ventilation tubes. Do you know what those lower holes are? It also tells me I might have to replace the battery cables with longer ones.

If anyone else has photos of their 90+ Ski Nautique floor, stringers, or cooler they are welcome to join in please. Thanks

The picture with the floor out is my '90. You can see more pics in my floor repair thread here. The picture of the gullwing seat is a '93, and you can see the factory cooler that was standard starting in '91 or '92. I think you should be able to fit the wider cooler in there, as it fit in the TSC1 Ski Nautique (below).

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 4:53pm
I can think of worse places (cosmetically), atleast nobody will ever see it!
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 3:53pm
HAHAHAHA oh my god that would suck soooooo bad. oh man!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Who was it that drilled a drain hole in a under floor compartment and found out the hard way that the bottom of the compartment was actually the hull??

Whaaaaaat?!

Nate

Yup! Found it!

Copied and pasted from previous post:
rudderdad
Groupie

Posts: 43 Posted: 29 June 2007 at 10:17am | IP Logged | Report Post    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, the hull was the bottom of the battery box on my 72 ski tique. I remember drilling a drain hole in what i thought was the battery box to let it drain into the bilge, and then heard water hitting the shop floor.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Who was it that drilled a drain hole in a under floor compartment and found out the hard way that the bottom of the compartment was actually the hull??

Whaaaaaat?!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by my90sn my90sn wrote:

Thanks TRBenj,

The photo of the floor ripped is very helpful, is that a 90'Ski Nautique? Your gullwing seat photo shows a storage the same width of the battery box, but I think Im gonna try to find the wider drop-in cooler fron CC. Hopefully it wont restrict those ventilation tubes. Do you know what those lower holes are? It also tells me I might have to replace the battery cables with longer ones.

If anyone else has photos of their 90+ Ski Nautique floor, stringers, or cooler they are welcome to join in please. Thanks

The picture with the floor out is my '90. You can see more pics in my floor repair thread here. The picture of the gullwing seat is a '93, and you can see the factory cooler that was standard starting in '91 or '92. I think you should be able to fit the wider cooler in there, as it fit in the TSC1 Ski Nautique (below).

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 11:32am

If you set the proper depth on the saw blade (1") youd be fine too
]

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 12:13am
TRB - luv it LOL   I am a woodworker by trade, but there was a time that I'd have been the guy using the wrong saw...circular vs sabre

and I'm the sort that has to be able to see what I'm about to cut into either way...how cool would it be to have those little spy cams like in 'the negotiator'?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
my90sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my90sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 10:52pm
Thanks TRBenj,

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

interesting indeed! if you "just cut a hole"...better disconnect the battery?!!?

If you set the proper depth on the saw blade (1") youd be fine too

All 90+ Ski Nautiques have the gullwing observer seat.

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 9:25pm
interesting indeed! if you "just cut a hole"...better disconnect the battery?!!?

sorry, couldn't resist :)

I really like the observer's seat...is the entire seat lifted up or is the base set out of the way? that system would greatly increase access over my setup(88 bfn)...appologies to the purists
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 8:25pm
Nicely stocked cooler. I like how you guys roll.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 8:02pm
This thread should get interesting.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 8:00pm
Our '92 had one from the factory. It shouldnt be hard to add it to your boat, theres plenty of room under there. I would say the floor is plenty strong and wouldnt require any additional supports. Just cut a hole and drop it in.

my90sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my90sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2007 at 7:51pm
I like my friends Sport for many reasons, but particularly because of the beverage storage. I want to install one of these in my 90' Ski but lack the experience. I have seen in brochures that the 94 ski had one. Does anyone with a 90-92 have a cooler in the floor. Has anyone tried, know if I have room? Will I have to remove the entire floor? Should stringers forward and aft be installed and resined? Pics and advice please for a winter project plan promising full documentation. Thanks, Eric

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic