Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fly High with Bimini Top??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly High with Bimini Top??
    Posted: August-03-2007 at 1:48pm
Has anyone done this before? I have a Sharkskin (Westlund) Bimini Top and now have a Fly High Extended Pylon. Has anyone modified their Bimini Top to allow the cable guard access through the top? I can "tip" the top to allow the Fly High to go behind the Bimini, but the cables would hit the front of the Top if used that way. Just wondering if this is an option for me.
Thanks
DAn
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 1:57pm
Yup, pretty common. My bimini was already modified when I bought the boat, and it works very well. There are 2 slots- one for the pole and the other for the cables. The edges were simply folded over and sewn back down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 2:03pm
I have one other issue with it that i see on other fly highs. My strap that goes around the front of the boat is super long. I actually had to shorten the cables about as short as I could. My cable protector is with-in 3 inches of the fly high pole. Do you see a problem with this?
Dan
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by keegan99usa keegan99usa wrote:

I have one other issue with it that i see on other fly highs. My strap that goes around the front of the boat is super long. I actually had to shorten the cables about as short as I could. My cable protector is with-in 3 inches of the fly high pole. Do you see a problem with this?
Dan

It shouldnt be a problem if everything is strong enough. Is the strap connected properly(as shown above)?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 3:06pm
Yeah, it's connected the same, just the strap is so long. The snap hook is almost at the window. The tightening strap is right above the window, i'll have to look and see how(where) it will go through the Biminin Top. I'll try and take some pictures and post them next week.
Thasnk

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic