NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1984 cc model 2001 no reverse

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1984 cc model 2001 no reverse
    Posted: August-11-2007 at 1:05am
23 you'll get the friends and family pricing, you may also want to remove your damper and replace too, I'll set you up with the parts that belong in this transmission, hit the link below if you need the info
Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 9:13pm
Bill, this is a colorful(and funny) version of what the Boat Dr. told me...and of what I did; except that I sent it straight to Eric and bypassed the stupid tax.

Buffalo BFN = Happy Camper!

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 8:48pm
jjenkins23,Sure let the guy down there do it!!!
Eric will supply the parts at a good price,a complete rebuild kit, if needed.
Pull the tranny take it to this guy and pay him labor plus the parts you have purchased from Eric.
Wait two weeks for this guy to take it apart, a week to put it back together , with a few parts left over.
One day for you to install in boat,wait for the week-end to try out your "REBUILT TRANNY"
Only to find out something ain't right.Call the guy , tell him you are not pleased with the rebuild,bla bla bla...
Pull the damm thing out...
Put it in a box....
Call Eric @ Fantastic Finish....
Tell him you want the CCFan discount...
Pay him the money.....
You are now a HAPPY CAMPER.........

boat dr
jjenkins23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjenkins23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 6:02pm
Where do you get those special plates for the transmission? Will the engine guy at the marina where the boat is stored likely know how to install them?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 1:10pm
very easily it can be removed with out the engine, there should be some posts on removal
Bill.L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 12:52pm
Thanks for the comments. Yes it is a safty issue not to have reverse. The fluid level was the first thing we checked but thanks for reminding me. Can the transmission be removed with out pulling the engine?
If it has an engine I like it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 10:23am
I see now the boat is a 1984, you have a BW
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 10:21am
it really does become a safety issue..If it is a Borg Warner, chances are your reverse plates a snapped in half, it is a very common problem on these transmissions, also the springs get crushed from the plates spreading open and travel through the trans causing more damage.
you didnt specify the trans,
If it is a cheesy PCM, then the ring gear fell out of the drum or the snap ring on the reverse pack broke.
here is the thing with the borg warner, Im trying to do this without using salesmanship,
I know of special plates that know one elses uses for the reverse section that wont snap in half and alot of times guys will buy complete kits for thier transmissions or send them to thier local transmission shops or dealer and get the same bronze plates put back in thier transmisions and they snap again. These transmissions are used in a variety of boats, from to ski boats up to 40 foot cruisers and all the internal parts are the same from the factory... well a big cruiser rarely shifts into reverse but a ski boat spends alot of its life slamming into reverse and this is why you drill out the pistons and install different parts in these transmissions so they are customized for the ski boat. alot of guys wont replace the return springs and the last time i checked springs usually wear out, as mentioned many times they are easy to replace parts in, but logically you have to think why they failed and as with the springs, weak ones do effect the transmissions performance,
if it is a PCM be prepared to be generous with your wallet
JUST-IN-TIME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUST-IN-TIME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 4:49am
Checked fluid level right
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 8:27pm
Bill, mine recently suffered from the same problem...no reverse

the good news:

this site(we)is/are fortunate to have a resident trans expert and he may be writing you now...I'm sure he will soon; and it could be something simple

the bad:
mine required a full reman, but it's a new boat since!

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 8:11pm
Not sure if it is a common problem, but go to the Reference section and check out the tranny manuals. They should be of some help for you.
Bill.L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 7:08pm
Bought boat after first days use stoped shifting into reverse pulled pin at transmission and shifted there and still no reverse. We decided reverse was for people who can't plan ahead and used boat for week and 20 hours of sking.Now it's out of the water is this a common problem, simple or a rebuild ?
If it has an engine I like it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic