Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What kind of Tower?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WakeBoarder86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeBoarder86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kind of Tower?
    Posted: August-09-2007 at 12:15am
hey guys... new to the correct craft family.... just bought my first boat... got a 99 ski nautique 19 foot with 108 hours for just under 16,000. thought it sounded like a great deal. anyways im lookin to put a tower on this beauty but not sure what kind to go with. everyone tells me to go with a monster tower and i like the way they look but id love to see some other style towers and see how they look too... if anyone has any pics of their rides id really appreciate it. thanks a lot guys _Matt
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 12:29am
Newdimensiontowers.com. Wayne makes a tower which is a copy of the genuine Correct Craft Flight Control Tower. Will cost you more than a Monster, but it looks like it belongs on the boat.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

lakerat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 3:55pm
get a pencile and some papper sit down and look at your boat see the lines and draw one up . anyone can make thair own tower .i am redoing my boat it is a83 ski nautique. i hope to get some of the pics up soon .
R.Y.C.                        LITTLE ELM CHAPTER       
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 4:03pm
All right lakerat!
All that ribbing on your verbiage looks like it paid off.
Welcome to the sight.
I'm pretty good with metal working. In fact, I'm currently in the process of fabricating a prop guard for my BFN trailer. But I don't think I would take on building a tower for the boat. Some have, but if one doesn't have crazy fabricating skills, IMHO, it is best left up to the pros.
Lefty
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 4:05pm
Guys
Who has the pics of the wood tower or the black arch on the blue CC?
Lefty
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 4:11pm
the thread was started by Pete called "attn Hollywood"
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 5:12pm
There is a CC FCT for sale on planetnautique...$1850...
I'd rather have a drink on the rocks in the boat than have a boat on the rocks in the drink. Been there, done that, no bueno.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 6:05pm
I would suggest the "invisible" model tower for a 1999 Ski Nautique.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 7:29pm
Hollywood, what is the "invisible" model tower. As I have never heard of it.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Guys
Lefty

All I can say is that it was the first thing that I thought of!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 10:17pm
I think hollywood means that you dont put a tower on a 99, its a ski machine.
I'd rather have a drink on the rocks in the boat than have a boat on the rocks in the drink. Been there, done that, no bueno.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 10:25pm
HW is right. An 99 SN will reach out and slap you if you put a tower on her. If you have to do it, follow BK's advice.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Guys
Lefty

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2007 at 11:39am
Pete and Larry,
Thanks for the pics. Saw the tower made out of lumber and almost wet myself from laughing.

WB86,
Why not use a Skylon? I know it is not as cool as a tower, but it serves the same purpose for about $300. It also doesn't change the skiing characteristics of the boat.
Lefty
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2007 at 12:00pm
everytime i see that last picture i think to myself that someone is gonna be pissed cause thier picnic table is missing
"the things you own will start to own you"
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2007 at 12:24pm
A quality built and installed tower will not change the skiing characteristics of a boat, it will add a small amount of weight which could slightly effect your slalom wake, the trade offs IMO are worth it, the pull for just about everything except slalom and trick is better from the tower. The extended pylon is also a great solution for much less money.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2007 at 12:32pm
You guys are way off,the trated 2x6's add a certain amount of charm and nostagia to the pristine lines of this fine ride.
The same goes for the rose bush arbor,as the plant grows it will look even better , now just a little bare.Just think GREEN, as in carbon fooprint and the cancelling feature of the rose bush to the gasoline used.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2007 at 12:46pm
it looks like those registration numbers end in LA
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2007 at 2:48pm
You are wrong old one with camel breath,our numbers here start with LA.
After some careful research and several searches on Google,and other search engines the boat is registered in Texas, also note on there is slip permit indicating RYC,Little Elm chapter.........lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2007 at 6:59pm
by the sound of our new found friend from the big t, that might be his boat, I do give those picnic table guys credit, they even installed board racks, its past the point of unbelievable
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2007 at 8:12pm
It reminds me of an extended pylon I used on my Rinker Cuddy Cruiser - a piece of steel pipe with eye loops at the top and a bunch of straps to keep it in place. It was shifty - it would move around on you sometimes and scare the crap out of you.

Anyway, to the original question. I put a tower on my 74 Mustang 17 this summer. I got it on eBay for $900. There are some guys who make nice towers and only sell them on eBay. It's a very nice tower, very well made, not fancy but works great. Here's a picture.

It's called a Joystick Pro. The only gripe I have is that it doesn't fold quickly. Other than that, it's totally solid, doesn't rattle, and is a pain in the butt to install.

My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic