Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England Reunion Recap and Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 6:37pm
Ya Man!
I've finally caught-up on the summer projects.
Daughter's softball is over.
Cousin's headed back to Iraq (Boy did I drink alot last weekend! )
Headed to Me. for Vacay next week.
But after that, going to open the boat up and hope to at least get it started this year.
A 3-year lay-up is enough of a rest!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

But after that, going to open the boat up and hope to at least get it started this year.

Last year you said a 2-year lay up was sufficient!
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

What was also very impressive about that run is that the three of you were up absolutely instantly. There wasn't even a hint of that boat having to work to get the three of you up

Ya man- Woody drives it like that throttle is an on/ off switch HA HA
I guess that's just the Massachusetts driver in him, eh Jeff

Brad that is cool! We say that all the time. If he doesnt see this on his own, I will show him when they are back here this weekend. He will get a good chuckle out of it. BTW where is Ken? Havent heard much on here from him.   Jeff....
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 9:08am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

Last year you said a 2-year lay up was sufficient!

It sucks when real life keeps getting in the way!
Hey - I guess if it sits long enough, it'll be a great start for a restoration project.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2007 at 12:04am
Hey Guys and Gals,

What a fun time up in ME last weekend. The location was perfect. Thanks to the CCF.com official lake patrol, we got some silkly smooth water. It was great seeing everyone again.

Jeff, your Mustang is a carnival ride on crack. Did Keith leave nail marks in the fiberglass?

My boat ran like a Nautique should. Fired right up, brought it up to 3,500 RPM's. It's nice to own an eight cylinder again. I put about 20 minutes on the motor. Tomorrow I plan on putting it through it's paces.

Thanks to Keith for allowing this reunion to happen. I look forward to 2008.

Ken
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2007 at 3:03am
Ken; Did you have to have motor work plus the fiberglass repair from last year done to "my" boat?

Enjoyed the great pics of it at the Reunion. You know how I feel about that boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 11:00am

Hi guys,got back from our camping week yesterday. I have a couple of good pics of Jeff's powerslides but you'll have to wait til tonight. I haven't been out in a boat since the reunion so off we go.
Many thanks to Keith and family for their hard work and hospitality.We're already looking forward to next year.
                             Farmer
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 11:41am
Hey John,

Yes, my boat is like new again. Looks fantastic. I just replaced the replacement motor. My Dad and I are heading out again this more to put some more hours on it.

Here are pics of my new motor:

Ken
lauger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 2:59pm
Hi Everyone,
I am JEFF KOSTIS' sister (no need to send your condolences...) I was at the Reunion (Sat the 11th) and had my video camera...filmed the 3-Man X-Cross with Jeff, Brad and Keith and also two of Jeff's power turns (Sorry, Keith - didn't film the last one!)

Of course, the quality is comprised when uploading to Photobucket..I apologize!

My family and I had a great time. Thanks to Keith et al for a wonderful day!

Laurie

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 3:55pm
Those are some serious power turns. Almost a full 360. I've never done them that big.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 7:03pm
Hey Laurie; Nice to see you on here with your own posts!

Ken: Nice shots! Can I ask why you had to replace the replacement motor...or is it a sore subject. Anyhow...good luck with it and enjoy. It's only money and ya can't take it with ya.

Please say hi to Pat for me and Patti.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 8:32pm
Hi John,

My original replacement motor gave up the ghost. It had a bent valve and kept blowing out the dip stick, with only 23 hours. NECC helped me out and got me another engine from another re-builder. I now have 4 hours on my replacement to my replacement engine. It runs like a champ. The only issue is that we're trying to calibrate the oil sending switch to the gauge. NECC ran a meter directly to the engine and I have perfect oil pressure. The gauge is funky now. It doesn't move smoothly now, it sort of ratchets instead of moving smoothly. It drops to about 9lbs at idle, causing the engine alarm and idiot light to activate. I'm going to contact SKIDIM in the AM for advice.

Ken
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 10:24pm
Laurie,

That is awesome video!

Thanks for posting,
Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 11:12pm

ski team practice on saturday

The Line up.

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 11:36pm

Here are some pictures of the air chair. I believe he landed both of these.

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 11:46pm

Tim had a raspberry under his arm from the windshield on Jeff's boat.I think Keith had a pretty good grip on the rub rail.The first spin went nice. The second picture shows the boat pretty much out of the water, That one didn't go quite as smoothly.

Tim tells Keith to watch for his feet when the boat spins.

This one went as planned

This one didn't

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2007 at 12:18am
Laruie- thanks for posting the video! I'm glad I got to watch you ski this year- so graceful and elegant (unlike your brother's skiing )
Bring your swivel ski next year, I'd like to see that too.

Gary- great photos. It was nice meeting you and Karen- hope you had nice time camping last week.
-Brad
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2007 at 11:29am
Those are great videos, Laurie.

It was a great week end. My boys and I really enjoyed ourselves. Good boats, good people and a lot of great skiers.

We really did well with the weather. It was perfect. Sunny, 80s and no wind. One week later and it's cloudy, 60s and windy. Lows at night in the 40s.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2007 at 2:29pm
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2007 at 4:43pm
Laurie,
Great video! The powerslides look great and you also get a sense of how hot Jeff's boat took the three of us out of the water (all on slalom skis). With Woodie at the controls, the three of us literally jumped out of the water.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 12:10am
     I see my sister is on here! Thats too funny! We just need for her to get CC of her own!

Brad, a close pic of taking off for the triple ski reveals you with a wall of water out front. Was the Woody ski tough to plane?

Larry, great photos! You will join us next time.

Here are a few pics taken..

The Mustang Line-up

The Saturday Line-up

Great area!!

The 74 My Grandfather bought new.

The 74 with Laurie in the background on her show ski.

Getting ready for the triple criss-cross

Taking off with Brad appearing to be taking on water!!

Taking a cut ready to cross...

Well I owe all credit to the JBEAR for getting me into this!!

Jeff....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 12:39am
There you go again JEFF. To cool to see your mug in the pics. Laurie is prettier in the pictures as well as in person. Great to see her on here. Love the pics of Grandpa's boat. How sweet. Looks like you guys just had a great time.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 1:32am
Farmer, great shots!

Is that Roy's red SkiTique in the 5th pic under the heading "The Lineup" in Farmer's post?

Looks like his pylon is mounted turned 180 degrees like mine is, with the finger facing backward. That is how I got mine last year after the previous owner did a stringer job.

Mike

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 2:13am
     Mike, that is Roys Tique. Now that you mention it, the finger is facing the rear. I would of never noticed. Jeff....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 2:28am
Jeff,

I so regret not making it to the NE Reunion.

Regarding Roy's and my pylon, I like to think mine is that way in case the "boat police" are after me. They don't know, but my boat is flippin' them off the whole time.

Seriously, just kidding. They never chase me. I take them skiing. They buy the beer. Life is good.

Mike

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 1:08pm
Farmer - those are great pictures!

Mike - as Jeff confirmed, that Ski Tique does belong to Roy (my Dad). That pylon was mounted with the finger pointing back to accommodate a high-fly pole. The previous owner was a wakeboarder. We just haven't gotten around to rotating it back to front.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 1:12pm
For those of you with high-resolution photos and video from the New England Reunion weekend, I have setup an FTP site for uploading.

Click on this link:
ftp://correctcraftfan.com

When prompted, enter the following username and password:

Username: newengland07
Password: ccfne

Create a new folder with your name (do this by clicking on File from your browser menu and then selecting New and Folder.

They you can simply copy and paste your photos or video to the this folder and let the transfer take place. If you have a lot of photos, best to let it run over night.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
lauger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2007 at 11:39pm
Our boatdriver - Woody "Whiplash" Baxter

Jeff "Farmah's Tan" Kostis - by popular demand

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2007 at 12:10am
   WOW! I wasnt expecting that. I hope Woody doesnt see it. Farmer tan? YEAH, some of us work outside for a living and they wont let us work without a shirt. Sitting in the leather chair of the Credit Union with the A/C on high, playing on the computer, drinking coffee, shouldnt be called work... Or maybe its because Im to dumb to get a job like that!
   Jeff...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2007 at 1:06am
Uhhhh...who would ever "request" a picture like that! Guess you are off the Christmas list Laurie.

JEFF: You ever heard of "tanning beds"....when living in Ohio I used to spend some time in them after working out just to avoid that look.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic