NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bragging Rights II

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bragging Rights II
    Posted: August-14-2007 at 1:21pm
My guess would be TRBenj, followed by one of JEFF KOSTIS'S machines.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 1:34pm
Unfortunately, we didnt line em up this weekend- not a ton of room for high speed runs. I think I would have taken anyone out of the hole, but Jeff Kostis's '76 with the new 350 or Kyle's (66Skylark) 176 with the GT40 probably would have taken me on the top end. Larry's Tique with the 305 goes pretty good too!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 3:40pm
Didn't line em up. Didn't line em UP!!?? What, am I hearing this correctly?? So am I to assume that you really can have fun just hanging around talking boat shop and enjoying each other's company?       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 3:51pm
Reid- there were some really cool, fast boats there, but like Tim said, not much water.

Jeff- you're gonna have to take your Mustang out to GL next year!
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 11:51pm
   It would be easier just to drop the engine in your SN!!! BTW, let me know when the little one is on top of a pyramid...We need her!!!       Jeff....
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Didn't line em up. Didn't line em UP!!?? What, am I hearing this correctly?? So am I to assume that you really can have fun just hanging around talking boat shop and enjoying each other's company?       

they know who the big dog is and Tim is just playing it off, He's not on the porch and runs with the big boys....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 12:49am
If you bring the Mustang to GL Jeff... I can promise to be there.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 1:07am
I don't get it, room to ski but no room for a race, I don't buy it!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 1:29pm
Thank you Mark. I saw the pics and you only need 200 yrds. Heck, we could have run relays there.

EDIT: New idea for next year: To make power and pull an element as opposed to just hole shot and top speed, AND put more sport into it, I suggest we have an event where each boat has to pull a deepwater barefooter as well. I choose Hollywood as my skier and BoatDr wants Johnny. It brings total HP more into the deal. You like that don't you Tim and BFN's?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 1:50pm
I like it.
I'll pull or foot.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 2:11pm
I vote the owner does the footing and the hired hands do the driving then we get a sense of the man and the machine...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 2:13pm

EDIT: New idea for next year: To make power and pull an element as opposed to just hole shot and top speed, AND put more sport into it, I suggest we have an event where each boat has to pull a deepwater barefooter as well. I choose Hollywood as my skier and BoatDr wants Johnny. It brings total HP more into the deal. You like that don't you Tim and BFN's?

Now we're talking. I like my chances coming out of the water- I'll even take Quinner as my footer. At least we know Ill finish the race.

If we're turning this into the olympics, how do you feel about adding a timed handling course as well?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I vote the owner does the footing and the hired hands do the driving then we get a sense of the man and the machine...

Now that's a great idea, I cannot wait to see MM, Boat DR, Reid and 79 doing deep water starts, they will all look like a bunch of fountains with water blowing in thier Ass and out thier ears, good stuff Joe!!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Now that's a great idea, I cannot wait to see MM, Boat DR, Reid and 79 doing deep water starts, they will all look like a bunch of fountains with water blowing in thier Ass and out thier ears, good stuff Joe!!

Too funny. OK, you got us there, but there's still quite a bit of time between now and next reunion. Plus, my broken foot needs lots of time to heal. Joe, you must be an accomplished 'footer to come up with that idea. So, if the driver has to ski, then how about a slalom run also, and even make that the timed course event Tim was talking about. MM, Doc, and Chris, you guys do know how to ski, right? We'll take those young punks to school. Quinner, you're by no means young, but we'll still take you to school, so you can get your waterski GED.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 4:01pm
Hey, I'll drive one of the boats. It just can't be after dark!
Greg

86 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 5:22pm

Joe, you must be an accomplished 'footer to come up with that idea.       

That would be a stretch, I used to foot every now and then about 10 years and 80lbs ago but didnt have a boat that I could deepwater start on and got tired of leaving drop skis all over the lake so I never bought a new suit after I "grew" out of the old one.

However to entertain the CCFAN faithful I would buy a new one and put in a training run or two beforehand. If I was trying to have a chance at winning I would have suggested slalom where I am at least sure I can get up most of the time. I just want to make sure some of you guys have to spend some time behind those boats instead of under the engine boxes.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 5:26pm
This wasn't just an event with old guys that have old boats. There was a lot of good skiing. If I had to bet on the guy with the fastest boat that also is a good skier, I bet on two of the guys up here.
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 11:57pm
    I didnt know anything about a water drag. I guess I better get on here more often.

Jeff...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 12:05am
You guys won't be hurt if quinner is your guy...he came off some kind of board for our multiples and made it every time. I bet he can deep pretty well.

I'll drive or ski as well as long as I get an age handicap. If I drive I choose Eddie as my skier. Double extra points for back deeps...which he don't miss.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 12:41am
Now this thread is getting fun, perhaps we make it a team effort, ski up, kick the ski and foot back, then the driver and skier switch and repeat, best time wins. I like JBears idea on the age handicap also.

Greg, my boat has the stern light on the tower so your in!!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 1:09am
you guys might be on to something. I don't think we want real hard core competitions, its not really about who's better at what or who's boat is better at what, but to have almost rodeo type events like quinner is leaning toward would be a hoot. A number of quasi-competitive events that are as much fun as competitive. Which team can get the pyramid up first, which barefooter can survive the longest in rough water, relay kind of stuff...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 1:16am
I will pull any footer who thinks he can hang on at 60+ mph... cant wait till next year!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 1:23am
But Steady Eddie doesn't get any handicap for age.
I heard they made a rule because of him, where each guy on a team HAD to foot in the race. That guy could run your boat out of gas before he falls.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 1:40am
Ok, I will take "backfoot" Eddie, for my team I'll bet he can hold on at 60mph!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 1:51am
MM; I meant Backfoot Eddie. Steady Eddie from Lake Norman is the guy tull is talking about. He was something to see. He would win handicap or not. Steve how do you know Eddie?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 11:08am
jbear
Did my first barefoot endurance race in Atlanta about 4 years ago. There's this guy with a toothpick in his mouth, looked as if he had just gotten off the John Deere. Then the guys I was with told me who he was, said he could run the 34 miles by himself. Well, nobody on earth could stay on their feet in the 2-3' waves we had. Steady Eddie had the longest run of about 7 miles. The guys a machine.
We're heading to Ohio for a race on Saturday and part of me hopes he's there and part of me hopes he stays in NC. But no matter what, we'll have fun.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 1:51pm
Tull,

We footed with Eddie in NC while at Reid's place, he was one of the guy's in our 6 man foot line. He is something else, he footed most of the way from his house back to Reid's Saturday late morning down the main channel through unbelievable chop, and yes with toothpick in mouth the entire way!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

MM; I meant Backfoot Eddie. Steady Eddie from Lake Norman is the guy tull is talking about. He was something to see. He would win handicap or not. Steve how do you know Eddie?

john

If I change my name to Eddie, will that make me a better barefooter?

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

I will pull any footer who thinks he can hang on at 60+ mph... cant wait till next year!!

Mark...is this your subtle way of telling us you are working on some mods to your boat to run against reid again next year?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Mark...is this your subtle way of telling us you are working on some mods to your boat to run against reid again next year?

yea he's going to bolt on my high compression big valve heads for the week-end to smoke reid's small craft.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic