NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Low pressure fuel pump for EFI

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low pressure fuel pump for EFI
    Posted: September-09-2004 at 6:29pm
Suppose you swap in a '95 TBI PCM engine into a 93 ski that had a carburated engine. Now the only thing that does not swap with the engine is the fuel tank and related plumbing. I have read that the TBI engines have both a high and seperate low pressure fuel pump. My question is where is the low pressure pump. I know one of the pumps (I believe the high pressure pump) is located at the rear port side of the engine near the engine mount. Is the low pressure pump inside the fuel tank? If so, I suppose the tanks woud need to be swapped between boats if they are similiar in shape and size.

Any thoughts welcomed.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2004 at 7:35pm
I have a 2000 SN and both the Low and high pressure pumps are located on the engine. There is nothing in the tank I would call Eric at Midohionautiques and ask him
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2004 at 7:38pm
Is the low pressure pump used on the return side of the fuel lines? Why would you need a low and high pressure pump?
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2004 at 3:01am
The low pressure pump is used to bring the fuel to the PCM Fuel Control Cell The FCC has the high pressure pump and filter built in. The fuel is brought into the FCC about 9PSI and the EFI needs 30 for the injectors
nms1991 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2004 at 2:37pm
On a 95 there is no fuel control cell. The low pressure pump is mounted on the port side in front of the rear mount. The high pressure pump is then mounted on the back of the cylinder head then it goes to the Tbi unit. PCM uses the low pressure pump to provide volume to the high pressure pump so it can kick up the pressure, but it does not suck the fuel very well. Check to see if you have a filter in line between the fuel tank and low pressure pump.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic