NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ohio in the Atl news

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohio in the Atl news
    Posted: August-24-2007 at 9:00am
Things must be rough up there for us to hear about it down here! Yesterday wasn't the first time I'd heard of the flooding, but it was the first time AM 750 was reporting it twice an hour.

Sorry about your trees Pete...if we were a little closer, I'd help clean up for the privelage of hauling some of that material home with me. The Ash doesn't grow in dixie.
Greg
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 10:18am
we definitly needed some rain, we got it
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 10:30am
We still need it...going to push the dock out now   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 11:41am
Old news.

Lake will be down low enough to ski this weekend after going up 6'
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 11:43am
Don't live too far from Pete here in the Chicago-land area and we have been getting hammered with rain and storms. 70mph winds yesterday. In my 10yrs at our lake I have never seen it this high, top of our dock is now only an inch above water.

Pete, hope all works out OK, we still have power and all my sumps are working at the moment. Supposed to dry out this weekend however Rain in the forecast today.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 12:05pm
Good thing quinner has that big well in his basement just like in Silence of the Lambs. Currently I believe it is unoccupied.

It's only been measured in bodies before, but how many gallons of water do you think it will hold?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Don't live too far from Pete here in the Chicago-land area and we have been getting hammered with rain and storms. 70mph winds yesterday. In my 10yrs at our lake I have never seen it this high, top of our dock is now only an inch above water.

Pete, hope all works out OK, we still have power and all my sumps are working at the moment. Supposed to dry out this weekend however Rain in the forecast today.

How high is your dock off of the water usually?
68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 1:46pm
I am in ohio a little south of the big flooding but our river where we ride is up about two and a half foot, our dock is way under and my new SLIDER is getting its first big test, it is about a foot under water..... We needed the rain!

Brad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 1:53pm
Brad,

What river? Where at?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 2:19pm
The northern IL/southern WI spring fed lakes are about 6" high right now. Ones that are connected via creeks and rivers are closer to 1' high.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The northern IL/southern WI spring fed lakes are about 6" high right now. Ones that are connected via creeks and rivers are closer to 1' high.

That usually floats alot of crap in from the shore, like logs and other debris- be very carefull- especially you barefooters!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 3:43pm
Barracuda, you forgot about sewage, they might have a turd collision
"the things you own will start to own you"
68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 3:53pm
The Great Miami in Sidney ohio.

Brad
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

How high is your dock off of the water usually?

Our lake is spring fed so the level does not vary much, in the sping the dock is about 1' off the water and usually by this time of year the water may be 6" lower than that or about 18" off the water. Many of the lakes in our area are "no wake" or "no boats" as a result of high water.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 4:52pm

Good thing quinner has that big well in his basement just like in Silence of the Lambs. Currently I believe it is unoccupied.

It's only been measured in bodies before, but how many gallons of water do you think it will hold?

I have my Ed Gein slippers on right now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

That usually floats alot of crap in from the shore, like logs and other debris- be very carefull- especially you barefooters!

Wow you guys are lucky. If we get 1" of rain while the ground is saturated our lake goes up a foot. The county building inspector has done a very poor job of managing drainage from all of the corn fields around here that have been turned into housing developments.

Nobody uses our lake when it is flooded now, I'm sure there will be rules next year for flooding though.

Tim
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2007 at 6:27pm
The Dnr has part of our river in NW IL closed right now-might close more/all of it....not good... trees and docks floating by...

ANOTHER week of no boats ....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2007 at 5:37am
I guess with all the floods, its a good thing you all have boats, my lake is drying up..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic