NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GL reunion in our Blackhawk news letter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GL reunion in our Blackhawk news letter
    Posted: August-28-2007 at 8:52am
This is the mini report I did for our Blackhawk ACBS chapter. I thought the wood guys would like to know about all the classic fiberglass we at CCfan are into. I will be doing a mini slide presentation at our fall dinner too.

Speaking of wood, has anyone noticed that we are getting lots of old wood CC's comming up on the site? I think it's great. We need to keep up the old wood too!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2007 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I think it's great. We need to keep up the old wood too!!

Jeez Pete, what's this WE stuff? Sounds like you need to have a little sit down with the wife!!!! ........LOL

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2007 at 3:52pm
Eddie: he's referring to himself and quinner.

Pete: you definitely had the smallest boat at the reunion, but probably the largest steering wheel!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2007 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I think it's great. We need to keep up the old wood too!!

Jeez Pete, what's this WE stuff? Sounds like you need to have a little sit down with the wife!!!! ........LOL

Eddie, You've been reading to many of the PLBC groups postings!!!

HW, All the old wood boat manufactures were using surplus 40's wheels, columns and steering boxes. The throttles where the mechanical spark advance when used on a car. The dia.'s where defiantly large as it was the pre power steering days. Defiantly no steering cable problems as they all have a solid 1/2" pipe from the box to the rudder arm. Very basic!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2007 at 7:00pm
Pete,
That's great! Thanks for drawing attention to the Reunion and the site.

I agree, we need more wooden boats at the Reunion. So, who's going to buy the '48 Deluxe Utility in WI for $8k?

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2007 at 7:45pm
Wood is good.

"We need to keep up the old wood too!!", classic quote from Brainard.
Tim D
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2007 at 3:24am
Pete; You are doing a great job at "keepimg the old wood up".

Doing a great job being helpful on our site as well.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2007 at 1:53pm
Got a new signiture line.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2007 at 11:32pm
Great article.

Rob
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 8:47pm
Pete,

where did the article go?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 10:49pm
Wow! We or at least I had a glitch with the site Sunday afternoon. Did anyone else have a problem for several hours? I wonder if the article went missing after that? I'll see if I can post it again.
edit: Damn, I just went through my photobucket album this morning deleting pictures and the article was one of the deletes. I think it is still on my compuer at work so I'll take a look in the morning.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:18am
Pete,
The site did have a problem on Sunday. I had to reboot the server. However, I think the issue with the article is in your photobucket account. The photo doesn't seem to be there anymore. If you need to, feel free to email me the image and I'll post it and link to it.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:30am
I could see it even when James posted.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 12:45pm
Keith, Thanks but I managed to re post it. I noticed we had a problem with the site this morning too! Too many unwanted visitors?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 1:44pm
Pete, I'm not sure. I was at Brad's (Barracuda's) house at 6:30 am this morning to do some barefooting and he said the site was down. I got back to my computer about 9:00 am and rebooted the server. Everything looks from the server but rebooting fixes the problem.

It's the same thing that happened on Sunday. I hope to get to bottom of it today.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 7:52pm
Thanks Pete or Keith who ever got the article put back up. I started to read it the other day but didn't get to finish. Now that I have it was a very good one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic