Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dock Guard

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dock Guard
    Posted: September-04-2007 at 7:52pm
Spent most of Labor Day weekend building a new dock, looking for about 125' of dock guard or similar type product. Checked Overton's,Bart's, etc., looking for a little better price for this volume, any suggestions..Thanks, Joe
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2007 at 8:12pm
Floating Dock or Poles in the lake?

I have tons of PVC on my dock, much better than any bumper you can buy.

tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2007 at 8:47pm
6 x 6 Poles, wrapped in PVC, Trex decking...looking to protect the edges..
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 4:09pm
Carpet wrapped 2x4's.
I'd rather have a drink on the rocks in the boat than have a boat on the rocks in the drink. Been there, done that, no bueno.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 4:24pm
I put the "P" style on mine because I spent a lot of time on the dock and found it in a beige color so it looked matching. I did get it from Overtons because I couldn't find it elsewere. Used the stainless screws too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 4:39pm
Old tires add a certain charm but may not go with trex!   LOL
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 5:51pm
Down here they also make a good home for the "no necks".

8122, that is the style I am looking for. I also like the way it gives a "finished" look to the dock..Just hoping to find a close out somewhere, it is pretty pricey!.Thanks for the replies, will keep looking..
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 6:34pm
I was joking and I realize you are putting a sharp dock together.

My tires hang above the water and have big holes in the bottom...no snakes, they just collect empties! They were also free and have been hanging there for almost 31 yrs.

Mostly though, I like the extra cushion tires afford when someone insists that they can back my boat in?!!? LOL That's a running joke around here.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic