NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ?
    Posted: October-10-2007 at 2:49am

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 4:07pm
Most everyone here knows about the boat. I would NEVER have admitted saying what you said to raise the price.    

A few people here on the board have been to see it and were just waiting to see the price become realistic.

Congratulations, now it will be hanging there for 35 more years.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2007 at 9:24pm
The lifting rings will probably wear through and it will crash into the dirt under the boat because there is no water.
On Lake Wylie where I am I cant put either of my boats in off the lifts we are 6 ft down from normal.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2007 at 12:03am
66 Skylark
93 SN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2007 at 9:57pm
It's just not worth what they were asking before and definitely not worth what they want now.
Leave it there for another 20 years, Its not really a rare boat anyway. Some people are crazy on what they think some of these boats are worth. I have looked at many Correct Crafts over the years in Fields,Barns etc... and you are basically looking at a boat that you would totally need to rebuild and they want 5 grand plus for it because thats what they paid when it was new. I have left many just rotting away because of that. Sad but true !!!!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2007 at 10:33pm
Marty,
I would question if that boat is worth 20Gs if it was still on the showroom floor....never used. Looks to me like its going to take a little bit more than changing oil and a wash job to get that old girl pristine again.... it would be a great project tho....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 2:54pm
MartyMabe simply doesn't know what he is talking about. Even he stated himself.."I opened my big mouth and said you could get $10,000 to $15,000 out of that boat if you cleaned it up."

A few people on this board have seen the boat in person, and nautiquefrk is EXACTLY correct! This boat wasn't worth what they were asking for it then.....or one of us would have bought it!

MartyMabe may be the reason so many of these boats remain rotting in boathouses or barns around here. Maybe he got to them and with his "expertise" as a Correct Craft appraiser, ran the price through the stratosphere.

Maybe MartyMabe deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for keeping rotting Correct Crafts united with their owners!!!

Just my opinion, and I didn't say one bad word!

pc   
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 8:43pm
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 11:30pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 1:26am
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 1:53am
So if the boat wasn't even worth $3500, and if the boat is "not really a rare boat anyway" then what's the big deal. Seems like much ado about nothing. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 12:28pm
BKH, if we have to explain, you wouldn't understand (borrowed saying). Thanks for your input.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 1:56pm
No need to explain to me. I'm familiar with the concepts of hypocrisy, irony, and sarcasm. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 3:23pm
Ok, is this the $20k Sportsman?

Is Chris Carpenter any relation to nautiquefanatic?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 3:30pm
Yes, that is the $20K Sportsman!!!

Hollywood, I am no relation to the Chris Carpenter that posted the Sportsman. I don't think he is any relation to the family that owns the boat either. I just think he is ONE of the NC residents that have seen the boat in person and pondered the possiblilty of buying it. I think Mike (nautiquefrk) may have seen it first, and he certainly would have bought it if the price was right. I was way down the line in seeing it and that was last summer. It is not something I would have bought anyway, but the "moth balled" originality of the boat was interesting to see.

pc

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 4:04pm
Thanks just trying to get the soap opera straight! I'd like to see the pictures of it "cleaned up".
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 4:54pm
So would I, maybe one of us can do that within the next couple of weeks. I wonder if someone "cleaned it up" hanging right there in the boathouse. The water has been down most of the summer on Badin Lake because of the drought.

pc
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 11:37pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 12:29am
It would be a pleasure to see some one get it clean it up, restore it. I am sure someone from this site would love to have it, heck for 500 bucks I would love to have it. But the sportsman in not a model that I really do not have much interest in. Like Paul said it is an interesting fossil that has been hanging in its cave for many a year and it would be great to see someone get her going again, just for a reasonable price. Does it have a trailer ???

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

It would be a pleasure to see some one get it clean it up, restore it. I am sure someone from this site would love to have it, heck for 500 bucks I would love to have it. But the sportsman in not a model that I really do not have much interest in. Like Paul said it is an interesting fossil that has been hanging in its cave for many a year and it would be great to see someone get her going again, just for a reasonable price. Does it have a trailer ???

That seems to me a very reasonable stance. BKH
Livin' the Dream

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 12:43am
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 1:02am
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 11:04pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 1:34am
Must be kinda hard to drop her in the water for a test...huh?

john

PS for Mike Thrower; Move yet?
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 1:50am
Jbear,
I will be moving in on Nov 30th , We got a rental house in West Knoxville off of Ebenezer Rd. Would love to come up to Norris to Check out your place, Reid tells me it is nice.
I will be looking for property. Would love to meet up with you soon if you are not in Fla.

Mike
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 5:05am
Mike: I am in Florida now and won't be back in Tennessee until July. Will definatly see you at that time. You are not gonna be that far. Good luck and have a safe move.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2008 at 12:57pm
Its down to $12k now. Somebody buy it quick!

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/boa/555037085.html
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2008 at 1:18pm
Too bad it hadn't been stored in a covered boat house that also had exterior walls. The chrome looks pretty dull.

If a boat house wasn't covered, would it still be a boat house?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic