NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Billy’s Tool For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Billy’s Tool For Sale
    Posted: October-10-2007 at 5:03pm
After the intrest shown in this simple tool,I have built several for sale. They will be on this site only....
Here are the terms of my offer:
Donate to this site 25.00 USD
   Send me a self addressed shipping envelope
    Specify CW or CCW engine rotation
     Tool fits Correct Craft only
      Instructions,disclaimer are extra

Call now, extra lines are open,,,,,,,
     Keith needs the money to keep this site open, I am doing my part are you????????
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 7:11pm
This whole thing reminds me of the coyote and his shop under the mountain...and he came up with some cool stuff! LOL

Doc, that's mighty Southern of you! Count me in and I'll send something I made to you along with the envelope.

What's your favorite color doc?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 7:30pm
It sounds to me that Billy's Tool is for the Ladies Tool Box. You should make Billy's Tool into a Kit, and include Lubrication and a Sheeth to go over it, possibly rubber material to retain the lubrication. Also some of the ladies like a variety of Colors and sizes, can you make them in Black, Brown, white, or purple?

Just some marketing ideas for your assistance, hope this helps the sell.
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 8:17pm
Blue.............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 8:41pm
Doc, Me too...but blue is tough for what I had in mind. I kinda hate to spoil the surprise, but it's not a big deal either. I do know that your boat is red & white. Maybe I should go on that?
1988 BFN-sold

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 9:35pm

who is DTB???????
"let's build a fortress by the river with all the happiness we can find!" DTB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 10:20pm
DTB = Donna the Buffalo
My signature line is from a song of their's called 'riddle of the universe'. That's also where my ccfan handle came from.

I put this link in 2 other places, and I'm a little surprised noone knows these guys.

DTB

...and they run this non-profit

Shakori Hills

They do an incredible mix of music...rock, bluegrass, zydeco, reggae, country...and some that can only be called their own. Doc, Preston Frank and his son Keith will be there with their soileau zydeco band. Super good tunes for dance and from your neighborhood!

and they'll be at magfest soon

Magfest
1988 BFN-sold

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 6:14pm
Donna the Buffalo! Great name. I'm checking out their stuff.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

Donna the Buffalo! Great name. I'm checking out their stuff.

I hope you like their sound! FWIW, they have been offered several record deals but choose to do their own thing...100 shows a year and 18 yrs doing it!

We'll all be at the suwanee river music park in north florida in 2 weeks...JBear? Others?

Boat Dr., My 25 is in and I think that was a cool idea for the site. I'll be sending 'one' of my choice tomorrow along with my envelope. I considered matching 1 to your boat and still would, but I'll have to charge you for that one.
I'm looking forward to my pre-production collector's item type wrench! What should it be called? The 'I don't have a freakin wrench that size' wrench?

Donna the Buffalo
1988 BFN-sold

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2007 at 9:03pm
Doc, You haven't reported on how the trans is working after the swap.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 12:47am
I think it should be called "Dorthy the Antelope."
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 11:12pm
After a full day in the water, 8+ hours and 35 gals. of Premium Fuel, the tranny was perfect.Fuel mileage horrible,boat company fantastic, kayak race unforgetable a full day on The Mighty Mississippi priceless..
The reason to build these tools was all about the rapid introduction of water into the bilge area of this old boat.I have always taken on water at a rate that I thought as acceptable,2 to 3 gals. per day.
After the river run Saturday I had less than a tea cup of water in the bilge,TOO COOL,,,,,
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 10:21am
was there any doubt? i needed one of those tools yesterday, tight area, i managed to get my chain wrench on, and the final alignment went flawless
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 10:40am

Up to 2&1/2" from Mcmaster carr. BUT a lot more expensive than Billy's tool!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

BUT a lot more expensive than Billy's tool!!

...and the $25 is staying closer to home!
1988 BFN-sold

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 1:00pm
Greg , waiting on an address. Shipping out two sets today......
Reid will get the first set, clearly marked for L & R. Will possiby work on brand X boats also.jbear gets set # 2,almost in full production, need more orders as the site needs the cash flow..........
Give me a call with an adress and they will go out today...1-318-386-2825.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 1:05pm
I dated a girl in highschool everyone called "Donna the Buffalo", I knew I shouldn't have dumped her she is famous now!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I dated a girl in highschool everyone called "Donna the Buffalo", I knew I shouldn't have dumped her she is famous now!

LMAO!

Doc, I have a return envelope on its way.
1988 BFN-sold

tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 1:24pm
Doc, Payment is in...As far as the tool goes, why don't you hold it in your tool box so that the next time you come to Ala., you can show me how to use it! A man has got to know his limitations...Thanks, Joe
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 2:44pm
Boat dr, I'd like one of those, where do I fond your address?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 3:33pm
Hollywood it was probably the best poa you ever had...did you have to roll her in flour?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 5:53pm
Boat Dr., just got my wrenches. Very nice and thank you sir. These will even fit in the tool kit where my other does not.
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2007 at 2:14pm
Boat Dr, I just made a donation. Thanks for counciling me on the tranny removal this morning.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 3:47pm
Received today, Boat doc. Thanks.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 4:10pm
Excuse my ignorance but what is Billy's tool. I enjoy having tools around but I have no idea what this tool is for. Is that the picture Pete posted?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 4:40pm
Anthony, Here's the original thread:billy's tool

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 5:07pm
anthonylizardi,I hope the links give you an idea as to what "Billy's Tool" is all about.
Had a situation on my boat with the packing. had several ideas as to the fix, mods to my floor or a tool to work in a confined area.
Needless to say I chose the latter. A short phone call to Pete{8122pbrainard]ideas thrown back and forth and you see the end product.
Everyone on this site needs this tool to complete their tool collection.......
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Everyone on this site needs this tool to complete their tool collection.......

Not everyone Doc- some people leave a removable panel in the rear when they rebuild the floor

Just fooling- an appropriately sized wrench would be an improvement over channel locks or pipe wrenches. I saw I missed your call- Ill try and give you a ring on my way home tonight.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 5:33pm
Now it really makes sense. I was wondering where would that nut would be because I have access to axle thru the removable panel.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 9:06pm
anthony, the wrench is not made to go as tight as you can, it was designed for spacing issues
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic