NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

82’ restore

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JPirotte View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPirotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 82’ restore
    Posted: October-14-2007 at 2:09pm
i am looking for a windhshield and the know how to get the right decals for this boat. Is there any info out there on this? Thanks. The boat is a 82' nautique
buddysproject View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddysproject Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 2:13am
call correct craft midwest ask for parts, I think the guys name is stave if i remember correctly. Said him off a picture of your boat they match the colors and ship the vinyl decals right out. takes about 2-3 weeks, but you know they will fit, $240 for both sides and I think it was $55 for the stern
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 10:32am
Originally posted by buddysproject buddysproject wrote:

call correct craft midwest ask for parts, I think the guys name is stave if i remember correctly. Said him off a picture of your boat they match the colors and ship the vinyl decals right out. takes about 2-3 weeks, but you know they will fit, $240 for both sides and I think it was $55 for the stern

The only decals that would have originally been on an '82 would be the small ones on the side near the transom (CC since 1925 and the flag, possibly the "2001"). The stripe was painted and the Ski Nautique side and stern graphics would have been masked off.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 11:44am
The "2001" is a decal. Also, there is a tape pinstripe top and bottom of the the painted graphics. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Nautique Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:52am
Hey JP,

You could take the graphics that are available via the vinyl cutter and order them in the negative with a tranlucent carrier that allows you to position it easily.

Put the vinyl on and use it as a mask to spray the correct colors onto the hull. Then just remove the masking, vinyl after the paint dries and wahla!

The vinyl will make the whole process easy, correct and professional.

Good Luck-
NM
Nautique Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic