NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6768697071 442>
Author
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 4:19pm
That boat there looks it is worth 500.00 and a 12pk of Coors Light....
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:03am
Check out the $1200 Correct Craft ! . I asked for pictures...not exactly what I expected to see!

I have talked with the current owner. No title..the old man he bought it from lost it, but supposedly knows how to get in touch with him.

He said it did have some transom rot, but over all doesnt look too bad for the money. If it was closer, I think it would be in my barn by now..   

Anyone near Toledo wanna hold it for me?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:11am
You can get an indiana title with a police check if the original purchase price was less than 3000
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:44am
Originally posted by robertbruder robertbruder wrote:

You can get an indiana title with a police check if the original purchase price was less than 3000

Here we can have the registered owner sign off ownership on the IL Registration form.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 11:40pm
Antique outboard
1946 (?) Firestone 3.5 HP outboard. Complete and motor is free, but has no spark. Make offer. 319-327-4552
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 11:53pm
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

kathleenp980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathleenp980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 8:48am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

That Wildcat really caught my eye. Seems to be a good price especially if it is original color and gel.

Paul, the Classic is hurtin'. Lots to do in spring. Wanna go half-ies on the 68?

Good Google tip, HW. I use www.crazedlist.org to search all of or specified regions of CL. You need FireFox not IE, but it works great. I'm using it to hunt down a new snowboard for this winter.

BTW, why does 68% (87% if the word bent is included) of all posts eventually come back to CQ's and H'wood's shafts?

Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Mrusso94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrusso94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 1:01pm

This post just came up and its in my town, what is this exactly? I'm considering going to take a look..

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1970770264.html

Any opinions?
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 8:45pm
Is it one of these? If so, wow, what a potentially nice CC. My wife would kill me....

1947 Utility
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 8:50pm
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mrusso94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrusso94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 1:42am
Originally posted by dip dip wrote:

Is it one of these? If so, wow, what a potentially nice CC. My wife would kill me....

1947 Utility

Yeah that looks like it... Seein those pics is really pushing me to go take a look at this thing, totally not something I have time for but someday I'll kick myself if i dont..
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Mrusso94 Mrusso94 wrote:

1947 Utility

Yeah that looks like it... Seein those pics is really pushing me to go take a look at this thing, totally not something I have time for but someday I'll kick myself if i dont..

Matt,
How are your woodworking skills? Also as you mentioned you'll need lots of time and a good source of mahogany. The hull sides may be saved by bleaching but I'd question the deck. To give you a good idea what would be ahead of you, take a look at Alan's hurricane thread.

BTW, unlike other sites, linking here isn't just a copy/paste. You need to use the "post reply" rather than the "quick reply" and then click on the world globe icon.

Gary (one of our old guys! ) had to do it for you!! Your profile says you're 20 so your computer skil should be better than his!
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 12:42pm
Matt, I called and spoke with the owner, no motor or tranny. No other info as to width, to help lock in if it is a Commuter.
New Jersey is a long way from La. But would love to have her as a parts boat. The deck is "incorrect ", I do not think it is older than a 1950 due to the bowlight location, and no fairlead on the bow.The cutwater looks the same as the Commuter I have in the for sale section.
Make that leap of faith and save another from the termite .....Boat dr
Mrusso94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrusso94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Mrusso94 Mrusso94 wrote:

1947 Utility

Matt,
How are your woodworking skills? Also as you mentioned you'll need lots of time and a good source of mahogany. The hull sides may be saved by bleaching but I'd question the deck. To give you a good idea what would be ahead of you, take a look at Alan's hurricane thread.

BTW, unlike other sites, linking here isn't just a copy/paste. You need to use the "post reply" rather than the "quick reply" and then click on the world globe icon.

Gary (one of our old guys! ) had to do it for you!! Your profile says you're 20 so your computer skil should be better than his!

Link

Didn't realize you needed to link the links, noted for next time..   and yeah, being a business management student and having taking countless computer information and technology classes, you'd think I'd be a on top of things when it comes to computers, but the truth is I'm not.     Anyway, as for woodworking skills.. never really took on this sort of project but I'm sure I would love it, and what better way to learn? I called the owner to go look at it, no answer and haven't heard back yet. There's a few wooden boat enthusiasts around here that normally snatch these things up.. we'll see.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 10:39pm
        "There's a few wooden boat enthusiasts around here that normally snatch these things up.. we'll see."

There are a few here as well. The site is a mixture of a lot of "glass" and small dose of WOOD...Quite afew of the old CC's have been brought back to their glory days.
If you have the PLACE & SPACE w/ the ability to learn a new skill, by all means have that leap of faith.
Lots of info and been there done that experiance to be had right here.I would suggest that you ease in the wooden boat waters slowly,and buy a useable running boat first.
The purchase of a motor /tranny is going to sting, not counting the wood and materials to properly restore the boat.We wecome another woody here.................
My vote is A PARTS BOAT............Boat dr
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 6:48pm
For the carpenters on here, this seems like a pretty good project at a fair price.....

1966 Chris Craft Cavalier - $2700
Doug
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by dmiracle dmiracle wrote:

For the carpenters on here, this seems like a pretty good project at a fair price.....

1966 Chris Craft Cavalier - $2700

I'd have to say it may be a "good" project but a very BIG project!!! I love how he describes the 283's as Corvette engines. I guess that makes the boat fast?? Little does he know that the marinized 283 is cammed totally different!! He also doesn't say how many bilge pumps he's got in it?? Sorry but there are better choices out there if someones looking for a boat that size.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 7:19pm
Hah! Thought after all you guys were drooling over the big girl from Lake Norman, somebody would be ripe to tackle this one.

I agree Pete, that would be one big project.
Doug
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 7:22pm
How many wood boats that have been restored would have been restored if the buyer knew what they were getting into?
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 7:27pm
More importantly how many wood boats are sitting in garages or barns that when purchased seemed like a GREAT DEAL and a REALLY COOL project?

Doug
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 7:59pm

Hah! Thought after all you guys were drooling over the big girl from Lake Norman, somebody would be ripe to tackle this one.

I agree Pete, that would be one big project.

Man, I knew I had too much beer. I missed her!
I bet Hollywood kept her from the rest of us.
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 8:14pm

More importantly how many wood boats are sitting in garages or barns that when purchased seemed like a GREAT DEAL and a REALLY COOL project?

Doug,
This one is just one example.

Link

Billy forwarded me some pictures from the seller. It's a major problem that the "restorer" gave up on. I've got a feeling that's when he sold the engine/trans!!
Without even looking at the boat up close, I cold smell the rot through the monitor!! One picture of the bottom clearly showed where rope and oakum had been pounded into open seams. You don't do that on a double planked boat!! There's a few pieces of hardware that may be salvaged but not much. It's not even worth getting as a pattern boat! Some "grays" are but the hull needs to be a unusual one and in demand to go through that process!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 1:07pm
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 12:55am
arena craft in iowa

anyone interested? I can go look/possibly store at the farm if needed
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 1:40am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

arena craft in iowa

anyone interested? I can go look/possibly store at the farm if needed

so many boats.... so little time... I would LOVE to have that in one of my "project barns"!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 1:57am
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

67 Wildcat

86 Silver

Nice looking Silver, but pricy. The Wildcat looks like a decent value, assuming the stringers were properly done. The 427 Ford wasn't an original engine offered, not sure what to expect for power.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 11:35am
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 11:42am

Link

Don't want to scare anybody off but that boat in that condition is a $20,000 investment in materials and drive train to get it pristine. I can easily see how these projects are started and left in that condition once the images of cruising down the river disappear and the reality of the task ahead sets in.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

[QUOTE=MartyMabe] 67 Wildcat

The Wildcat looks like a decent value, assuming the stringers were properly done. The 427 Ford wasn't an original engine offered, not sure what to expect for power.

Just talked to the owner about this one. More than likely not a 427 as it doesn't appear to have the crossbolted main bearing bolts present. But still a neat old boat, with what would most likely be a 352 or 390 engine.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6768697071 442>
  Share Topic