Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 442>
Author
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2021 at 3:57pm
Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2021 at 3:38pm
With this one I might be tempted to go take him up on the free ride, and if the floor is solid, I might be really, really tempted to really, really piss off my wife.

Like a lot.

Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
James T Brockma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2021 at 9:58am
I would avoid that boat like the plague but for the record the “swoosh” is correct for 2001 (2000 and 2001 models) and the “3 piece rear hatch/sundeck” came out in 2001. 
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2021 at 9:21am
Who are you guy's to criticize us Illinoisans? Just because he has no title and maybe the serial numbers are ground off  he has good reason to be off on the year Wink
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Huh.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/boa/d/arlington-heights-2001-correct-craft/7349684295.html

Obviously low scam pricing aside, there's a lot going on with that boat.  Weird windshield retrofit? Swoosh from a 2000 but it says 2001. Rear deck is split in 3 pieces, didn't that change in '02? Had a tower, too, but now just has holes - probably sold that separately because no serial number haha

"Total Chaos" does describe the situation well. 
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 10:02am
Originally posted by wayoutthere wayoutthere wrote:

Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

Anyone really want a Martinique?  https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/d/white-house-1974-ski-martinique-master/7349862916.html

Poster is not very prolific so details kind of missing.

In the reference section for 1974 the martinique and nautique have the same dimensions,
I wonder if they pulled different models (floorplans/options) from the same molds.

From what can be seen, this boat looks good ! glass intact, original gel, patform intact, mirror, pylon, dash w/key,
If it does runs good, the bottom isn't all gouged up and the underwater gear is ok this would would make a great rebuild, or restoration project.

The more i go thru the old brochures and internet pictures, the more the 70's 16 skier stands out to me as the hull to get, more so than the nautique, mustang or barricuda.

I can't really comment on a 74 Martinique vs a Ski.  I looked at the reference to see if it has tracking fins and could not tell. I really have not been in any older models other than mine and gawked at some Mustangs.   I would be happy to reach out to the seller and try to go see in person if you would like.  

A general question outside of this thread about a Martinique might get you some answers about the Martinique model.  

Richard
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 8:40am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

That's a HOT boat!

I'd agree.
" I'm selling it because in Illinois I cannot register a boat without the title"
or, the listing could be just a scam?

I'm guessing a reply about looking at the boat would be "I have a tough work schedule, can only meet you from midnight to 4 am."
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 8:02am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

That's a HOT boat!

I'd agree.
" I'm selling it because in Illinois I cannot register a boat without the title"
or, the listing could be just a scam?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2021 at 7:47am
That's a HOT boat!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2021 at 11:25pm
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2021 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

Anyone really want a Martinique?  https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/d/white-house-1974-ski-martinique-master/7349862916.html

In the reference section for 1974 the martinique and nautique have the same dimensions,
I wonder if they pulled different models (floorplans/options) from the same molds.

From what can be seen, this boat looks good ! glass intact, original gel, patform intact, mirror, pylon, dash w/key,
If it does runs good, the bottom isn't all gouged up and the underwater gear is ok this would would make a great rebuild, or restoration project.

The more i go thru the old brochures and internet pictures, the more the 70's 16 skier stands out to me as the hull to get, more so than the nautique, mustang or barricuda.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2021 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Interesting FN in the For Sale listings. First one I have seen converted to an OB with an Armstrong Bracket. Definitely makes for some good storage below deck with the engine and trans gone. Not a bad way to go for a boat on the salt 24/7. Had the same engine and setup on a GW that I had when I was in Florida.

That's a very interesting Fish.  Curious how it rides compared to the inboard, advantage of course of trim with the outboard but lost the low in the hull balance of the inboard engine.  Makes me wonder if once it rolls over onto plane it tends to launch more than the inboard would.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2021 at 1:27pm
Fitting he's from Sherwood Forest
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2021 at 1:13pm
Interesting FN in the For Sale listings. First one I have seen converted to an OB with an Armstrong Bracket. Definitely makes for some good storage below deck with the engine and trans gone. Not a bad way to go for a boat on the salt 24/7. Had the same engine and setup on a GW that I had when I was in Florida.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2021 at 5:24pm

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2021 at 8:57pm
Correct Craft Flight Control Tower from Air Nautique 210

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bpo/d/linesville-wakeboard-tower/7346256098.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by DockDoc DockDoc wrote:

Well obviously they're towing another boat in reverse, probably a 2000-something SAN that had a gateway box fail. And the extreme angle trailer position is just to make sure the bilge is dry!

Fixed that for you... 

And yeah no red flags at all haha
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 10:41pm
If you haven't been under tow you don't go out enough LOL 

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
DockDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DockDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by stepper459 stepper459 wrote:

Cheap '66 on Craigslist up in the Adirondacks. I was amused by the description "runs great no issues that I'm aware of" and then in one of the pictures, it's being towed - by the lifting ring on the bow, no less!  In several other pictures it's tilted way up on the trailer for some reason. 

Well obviously they're towing another boat in reverse, probably a 2000-something SAN that ran out of gas. And the extreme angle trailer position is just to make sure the bilge is dry!
1993 Sport Nautique
PCM 351w, no ProTec
DockDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DockDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 10:19pm

Cheap '66 on Craigslist up in the Adirondacks. I was amused by the description "runs great no issues that I'm aware of" and then in one of the pictures, it's being towed - by the lifting ring on the bow, no less!  In several other pictures it's tilted way up on the trailer for some reason. 

1993 Sport Nautique
PCM 351w, no ProTec
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 10:17pm

[QUOTE=stepper459]Cheap '66 on Craigslist up in the Adirondacks. I was amused by the description "runs great no issues that I'm aware of" and then in one of the pictures, it's being towed - by the lifting ring on the bow, no less!  In several other pictures it's tilted way up on the trailer for some reason. 

Link:

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 10:14pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2021 at 9:55pm

edit - I fixed the link

davidaha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2021 at 1:04am
https://lawrence.craigslist.org/boa/d/lawrence-1979-correct-craft-ski-nautique/7336436694.html

Near me if you need eyes on.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2021 at 9:31am
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2021 at 11:29pm
Yup. I was thinking $4K

Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

I would want to hear or know it runs
Probably chasing that sun baked look forever. Easy put 5k into it
$375O ??
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

$375O ??

Agree.  So let's say, all in, someone ends up spending $10,000 total.  You have a GT-40 NWZ with new interior.  Pretty good deal if you ask me.  You are right about the mechanicals, if we look at how it was treated you can assume oil changes and transmission service were not high priorities.  Worth a compression test and running the transmission to get an idea of mechanical health.

Don't get me wrong, if I was looking this might scare me away.  I'm just saying it's possible to have a good result from someone else's neglect.
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2021 at 8:00pm
$375O ??
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2021 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I like how it is stated that the hour meter has 250 hours. It's not lying the meter does have 244- it's just not the original meter LOL

Gary, enough with the conspiracy theories.  The guy just backed the boat up a lot, and we all know that Nautigues run in reverse spin the hour meter backwards.

I was hoping the graphics on the side would say "NATIGUE".

Having said all this, kind of an opportunity for someone.  Nice ski boat with GT-40 that might be able to be taken for well under $5,000, put an interior and wet buff and decals and TLC into it and you've got a really nice boat!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2021 at 1:05am
When the boats that far gone do the hours really even matter. 
It's a shame to see a Signature Edition in that kind of shape.Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 442>
  Share Topic