NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 157158159160161 442>
Author
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 3:59pm
Is it just me of this a pretty nice boat for a pretty good price too.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/3157542428.html
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Is it just me of this a pretty nice boat for a pretty good price too.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/3157542428.html

Also in the diaries.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 4:23pm
That sucks about how the ice / snow wiped out his dock and boat
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 4:33pm
seems like a deal
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 8:09pm
...those who have fallen and those who will.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

That sucks about how the ice / snow wiped out his dock and boat

Well, at least in the upper Midwest as well as other parts of the country. we do have a tendency to winterize boats and pull piers and lifts in for the winter months!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:25am
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Silver15 Silver15 wrote:

1990 SN -4k

That's a "Jake special" right there!!!!
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:33am

1990 SN -4k

Interior looks trashed, I'd guess it stayed wet a lot of the time, and in a wood stringer boat that might be trouble.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:40am

1990 SN -4k

That's a "Jake special" right there!!!!
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
brittcrowell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittcrowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:49am

1990 SN -4k

Looks like that drivers seat has eaten at least one kid!

But for an original (guessing) 22 year old interior, what do you expect if its been used and spent time in the sun?
'93 Ski Nautique (needs new interior)
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:55am
From what I've seen over the years, an interior that gets as bad as that seat looks probably sat outside uncovered, rain or shine, for many years. Granted it's a Florida boat that gets a ton of sun in a long season, but cover the boat and the interior won't end up that bad. Makes you wonder about the rest of the care, oil changed regularly? Impeller?
brittcrowell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittcrowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 2:08am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

From what I've seen over the years, an interior that gets as bad as that seat looks probably sat outside uncovered, rain or shine, for many years. Granted it's a Florida boat that gets a ton of sun in a long season, but cover the boat and the interior won't end up that bad. Makes you wonder about the rest of the care, oil changed regularly? Impeller?

I would say you are drawing conclusions and assuming they are connected. Not saying your wrong, just that you are making connections that may or may not be true. With my cars and boats, I've always been more concerned with mechanical maintenance and not so diligent on the cosmetic/detailing aspect of things. If it runs good, drives good and skis... its good! If the interior or seats are tore up and it scratches, put down another towel. If people complain, tell them to shut up or swim! ;-)

A floating piece of crap is still a piece of crap, BUT ITS MY PIECE OF CRAP!
'93 Ski Nautique (needs new interior)
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 2:15am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

'97 Ski NAutique OB

I called on this one about a week ago. It was under water for three days and the engine is full of sand.
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 2:18am
Originally posted by brittcrowell brittcrowell wrote:

I would say you are drawing conclusions and assuming they are connected. Not saying your wrong, just that you are making connections that may or may not be true. With my cars and boats, I've always been more concerned with mechanical maintenance and not so diligent on the cosmetic/detailing aspect of things. If it runs good, drives good and skis... its good! If the interior or seats are tore up and it scratches, put down another towel. If people complain, tell them to shut up or swim! ;-)

I'm actually the same way Britt, stuff I have generally runs great but I'm not all that good with the detailing. You're right, I'm drawing conclusions from one blurry picture, maybe not fair.
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 3:46am

Originally posted by brittcrowell brittcrowell wrote:

I'm actually the same way Britt, stuff I have generally runs great but I'm not all that good with the detailing. You're right, I'm drawing conclusions from one blurry picture, maybe not fair.

I would probably talk him down to $3500 before being too comfortable with it, just because of the interior and the fact that it could have stringer issues. Are the wood stringers in the early '90s models troublesome? If the engine, tranny, and stringers are solid and tight, it would probably be a profitable investment. Could get non-correct craft interior for $1000+-. Trailer looks good. I may call on it TM.
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 12:21pm

I would probably talk him down to $3500 before being too comfortable with it, just because of the interior and the fact that it could have stringer issues. Are the wood stringers in the early '90s models troublesome? If the engine, tranny, and stringers are solid and tight, it would probably be a profitable investment. Could get non-correct craft interior for $1000+-. Trailer looks good. I may call on it TM.

I don't know if the early '90's boats were more or less prone to stringer problems. I'd guess the glasswork improved by then, but if it was a boat that was wet a lot, it will turn into a problem at some point.

I know it's talked about here off an on, but I wouldn't ever look at buying one of these boats as an investment. A $1,000 interior will look like crap and make it a non-original/non-authentic boat. Can you turn it around and get $8,000 out of it? I doubt it, somehow even given the best of plans boat purchases/sales rarely work out that way.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 12:40pm
Yep pretty much i've decided buying a boat is not an investment.

You're either going to spend money to make it worth more or you're going to spend countless hrs fixing it up to make it better.
1970 Mustang
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:15pm
One of the better towers I've seen lately.

Ski Tastic
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:23pm
I've never heard of a Ski-Tastic before, learn something new every day.

I love that tower! Get done skiing and you can detach the tower and use it for staging when painting the house.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 4:49pm
I've been looking for a new oversized saw horse.
1970 Mustang
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

1946 Correct Craft Tug Boat???

Any record of these being produced by CC?

PLEASE do not show this one to Reid. He will have to have it. However, it would go nicely with his Shrimp Tique.

LOL !!!!!!!!!

Donald
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 9:07pm
I think someone left the engine hoist in the boat.

Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

1946 Correct Craft Tug Boat???

Any record of these being produced by CC?

PLEASE do not show this one to Reid. He will have to have it. However, it would go nicely with his Shrimp Tique.

LOL !!!!!!!!!

Donald

It was actually built by CC as a "bridge erector" I get the impression that after WWII, we had blow up so many bridges in Europe that as the good natured folks we are went in and did lots of bridge repair.

BTW, You really don't have to worry about Reid grabbing one of them. It's me!! I've thought about it many times!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 12:27am

I don't know if the early '90's boats were more or less prone to stringer problems. I'd guess the glasswork improved by then, but if it was a boat that was wet a lot, it will turn into a problem at some point.

I know it's talked about here off an on, but I wouldn't ever look at buying one of these boats as an investment. A $1,000 interior will look like crap and make it a non-original/non-authentic boat. Can you turn it around and get $8,000 out of it? I doubt it, somehow even given the best of plans boat purchases/sales rarely work out that way.

1993 cc went to all composite stringer..so anything before that is prone to rot...more if it sat uncovered...
I have restrung my 1992 3 years ago, so go figure...mine probably got most of its rot problem due to a sunk problem I once had...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 12:37am

1993 cc went to all composite stringer..so anything before that is prone to rot...more if it sat uncovered...
I have restrung my 1992 3 years ago, so go figure...mine probably got most of its rot problem due to a sunk problem I once had...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
NAUTIQUEjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTIQUEjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 12:14pm
Garage Queen

Although no motor or trans i would be a player on this one!!!
1977 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes
1994 Ski Nautique
2000 Super Air Nautique
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
1999 Sport Nautique gt40 current

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by NAUTIQUEjunky NAUTIQUEjunky wrote:

Garage Queen

Although no motor or trans i would be a player on this one!!!

You'd be in the minority!

Paul's been trying to sell that boat for years.

Motorless '78 in the diaries
NAUTIQUEjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTIQUEjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 12:18pm

Although no motor or trans i would like to have this one!!Garage Queen!!
1977 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes
1994 Ski Nautique
2000 Super Air Nautique
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
1999 Sport Nautique gt40 current

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 12:18pm
He is obviously emotionally distorted on the market price range of a boat without drivetrain!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 157158159160161 442>
  Share Topic