NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 442>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2009 at 11:59pm
if you f-in knuckleheads and i mean knuckleheads and i do remember who you are.....wells lets see,
A f-in rebuild was a minimum of 750.00 last year, you add in a pump, you add in a input shaft, and other hard parts, you add in rebuilt planetary's or the other sht I gave away to anyone on this site that may have the balls to speak up,
If you thrift fckin cheap asses checked around, transmission marine, Alantis marine, Federal marine...you want the numbers ***************s? an exchange is 1200.00 f-in dollars.
with out hard parts.

and to boot my Brother put that add up cause I know and he knows I cut my f-in rates for anyone that calls me from this site, and the sht i give away that (he) my partner doesnt know about

SO TIMO***************INTHY big guy, why dont you call those above and give a report back ***************
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:08am
and---- what kind of man are you to deny me to make an honest f-in living, and slander me openly on a public site. you are less of a man than i am doing what you did.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:13am
I'm learning some new acronyms here
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:15am
stick around, im just getting started
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:24am
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:27am
Maybe you guys should continue this in private & save Keith the aggrevation of having to delete this thread.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 1:18am
I don't know why people like to poke sticks at each other so much, but I'll stand up for Eric, he's always been there to answer my newbie questions with patience and good advice and even has sent parts I needed for free. Thank you. I've tried to return the favor to the site by forwarding along some extra stuff I wound up with the same way.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 2:39am
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

I don't know why people like to poke sticks at each other so much.

Agreed. I don't understand why people constantly want to fight on here. Eric, i can understand why he's ticked off, he's got good reason to be, but to just out & say something like was said about him makes me wonder if the same guys who start this site do the same stuff in their daily lives, starting fights with people for no good reason but to feel sweet over the internet. Because they're trying to compensate for something?...

Fact of the matter is guys, it's Eric's business and he can run it as he wishes, i highly doubt he's lying about helping people out around here so why dont we just take his word for it?

Give it a rest guys, or as was said... take it elsewhere, dont get the thread pulled.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 7:55am
Eric,
I feel you're over reacting here. When I first read the post of Tim's, I felt it was pro FFM and certainly not a slam against you. I reread it and still feel that way. Note that Tim posted the transmision listing as a "scam"! I also feel that the general consensus with all our regular members here is we all know what you have done for us and continue to do for us.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 10:14am
If its meant that way I will surely be enough of a man to apoligize as a man, its stressful enough being in business and after sleeping for about 4 hours thinking about it because that one reached deep in, if i was a dis-honest person i wouldnt let that effect me and it would be business as usual. besides my family i have other families to take care of at my business, my break even every month is 13k and its not easy, I treat you guy's as family and I'll admit Im in the marine business and no when to hammer someone and I dont hammer you guy's.
If it was meant that way then I truly apoligize Tim, as for you 79 hasbeen, you need to shut the f-ck up cause i never ever spoke down to you (sorry HBS)
I may crack alot of stupid ass comments and they are all well and good, but I know where the line is and I dont cross it, and again Tim, I apoligize if it was meant that way. if not though....
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 11:30am
On a lighter note, this might not be a bad deal depending on how many "parts" it may need.

73 SN
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 11:40am
Here in South Africa, we meet each other outside, and bliksem (fight, punch, etc - no weapons) one another and after a good rawl, have a beer together and consider it ironed out. Simple, crude, effective.

This i say with all sensitivity to matters i have no knowledge about. Senseless advice..
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 11:46am

That boat really excites me I haven't finished my current project and this boat is a few miles away BUT....wow- that would be a 330hp? If only it was Yucky yellow I'm sure I wouldn't be able to resist.   
Interesting winch!
70 Mustang project
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 11:48am
Eric, sorry I missed out on this pissing contest. What a way to start the new year, and it is not a week old yet.
Sounds of "cabin fever" on CCFan,do we all need a "fix"...........
Will not be long before we all show up in Florida, a short road trip may be good for all the parties involved in this verbal xchange.
A little fun in the sun will releive some of those male EGO pains, and mellow your mind.............Boat dr
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 11:50am
At a few miles away your going to have to look at it as a minimum or you will live to regret it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:22pm
I must be an easy target, lol
If you guy's met me in person, Im sure you would change your opinion of me as I have of the guy's I met from the site. some of the *************** i come up with is not from arrogance, its from being there and making some of the same mistakes i read from you guy's, and I try to pass the info on in my way, maybe with some crticism and maybe with arrogance, maybe i just dont want to see you guy's go through the learning curve????
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:38pm
well I think it cost me less than 500 for parts when I did mine inflation I guess cheap subpar parts maybe, but maybe you all missed this.

you do the math dumb ass' why buy a rebuilt unit
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:48pm
I sincerely don't think Tim meant any harm at all by that post, just a joke.
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:52pm
Anybody around Seattle that has seen that Craigslist Gran Prix?
70 Mustang project
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you add in a pump, you add in a input shaft, and other hard parts, you add in rebuilt planetary's

you mean stuff that rearly needs replaced unless you get a junk one from the salvage yard in Tampa? and pull the gear reduction off you know the 1.5:1 unit the big boats use and not ski boat's,

ski dim list all the parts needed for the typical rebuild for 410.00 total. So shop where you want spend what you want but please I am so tiered of the bs and all the money you are losing helping guys out BS you ask me.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I must be an easy target, lol

LOL, yes you are!

Just checking to make sure you (and everyone else) was paying attention, Eric... I didnt think the connection to FFM was obvious, just trying to keep everyone on their toes. It can get a little slow on here during the winter!

It should go without saying, but for the record, Ill publicly thank you again for the (free) help youve provided me personally in the past, and the continued support you provide here on the site. I for one wouldnt hesitate for a second to send you a busted tranny. Sorry to get you worked up!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 1:30pm
I agree with Tim on this one.
I have never singled Eric out for a specific question or sent any of my transmissions his way (not needed...knocking on wood), but I have used his informative information on this site and have appreciated it. Thanks Eric...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 1:53pm
no one said he wasn't knowledgable or didn't help out, just that it might not be the bargain you think it is or you are told what a bargain your getting and he's loosing money by helping you out and how expensive it could be somewhere else.

Just doesn't make much since to spend 1K on labor and spend 1500 for a rebuild when you can buy a brand new unused unit for the same price you getting yours rebuilt for.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 1:54pm
Well I'm glad that turned out the way it did, I took that post as a joke and I'm still laughing over the exchange.

Eric, you are the only guy on here wound tighter than me, I feel your pain brother. Think we need to put Hollywood on a plane so you guys can slam a few back.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 2:12pm
Doug,

Go for that Grand Prix. Nice boat, can't imagine there are too many around. I wonder if it is a 65 as the 66 brochure doesnt show a Grand Prix. Looking back at the 65 brochure, that was quite a year for CC. A lot of good boats, even a couple 16 footers (my favorites) the tahoe and star flight, one or both of which I guess were predecessor to the Mustang. Also, looks like the docking lights must have been added.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 2:16pm
with it being a 20' I'm not sure it's a grand prix as it was a 19'..... riviera maybe? still nice find worth the effort to restore it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 2:24pm
I think I've only ever seen one other Grand prix and it was int he Diaries on CCF.

I'll vouch for Eric. He was the only marine tranny guy that would look at my Dearbo and the price was darn good. More than reasonable.

You must have been having a bad day Eric. I could see you seething through my monitor. Then my son comes upstairs and wants to know what is happening.LOL
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 4:17pm
79, my mortagage for some strange reason rolls in every month, I have guys I pay to rebuild tranny's under my supervision,or maybe i should tell them to work for free. the only reason I make money on these tranny's is because i buy parts in qaunity....maybe in your eyes a rebuild consists of clutch plates and a seal and gasket kit, maybe in your cornfield they do,
price a pump, price a input shaft, price a planetary.... I know the tricks to keep the price of the rebuilds below competitive prices because of things such as cutting the front cover, rebuilding my own planets, speedi sleeving input shafts, boring cases and re-bushing cases the little tricks you learn over a 24 year period and it keeps the price low

did you add all the bearings in? all the springs, drums, end plates..... the tranny's are here because they have been to hell and back, there not here because of a leaky seal. sometimes you gotta pay a little extra for knowledge, and i will be arrogant here because about 15 to 20 percent of the tranny's I repair or rebuild are the cornfield tranny's, the ones that had clutch plates and a seal and gasket kits thrown in them.....replacing and rebuilding are two entirely different terms and I think you fail to grasp the meaning.
If i was doing this *************** out of my garage you would have a valid point, I'll tell you what, go tell your boss today that you want to work the next month for half of your wages, tell him hell, I dont need to eat, I dont need to make car payments.
some times you are way out of line
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 4:46pm
why does it cost $1500 for you to do all your tricks that save money for the customer and rebuild there cornfield tranny at little to no profit? Does the shaft have to be replaced on all rebuilds,,, no it doesn't actually maybe one in ten twenty maybe, what about the pumps, what about the planitary, replace everyone you rebuild, horse *************** once every so often, so

but again why the hell would anybody in there right mind pay you or joe blow down the road to rebuild their tranny for 1500 when I can save 50 bucks and buy a BRAND NEW NEVER USED 71C tranny for 1449.00 from SkiDim and several other companies. Guess it's that gained knowledge working on them that you put back in to them that makes them better than they where new bull***************....

Sure keep spouting off price this price that replace this replace that, Bull*************** you replace what needs replaced, there's no need to replace the bearings unless they are bad there is no need to replace the shaft unless it's bad then your going to bull*************** the guy and say you replaced it with a new one when in actuallity you turned there shaft down installed a speedy sleeve instead and charged them for a new one because technically the seal's surface was new just not the rest of the shaft.

rip off artist you ask me, sure maybe you've help this guy with some freeby junk laying around the shop that's still usuable, not very wise business sence giving away new parts you had to pay for but the usable used crap that you pulled out, now that's a little different color and if that fake impression fly's then and BS fly's and the guy bits and digs deep into his pockets who cares your sure as hell don't if you did you would have never screw one old boy on his boat. Been around service garages since I was 4 BS the idiots not me.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 5:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 442>
  Share Topic