NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 176177178179180 442>
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 2:56pm
Yep, that'll work!

I towed a small plane once from Opa Laka up to Titusville years ago. Had to load the plane tail first as nose first just didn't work...

Didn't take long to figure out the tongue-weight issue. Did what we could with some tool boxes and straps...

But anything over 40mph was a fishtail. Long ride back to home base for sure...

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 3:07pm
I have my doubts that a San Juan would fit on anything but a trailer meant for a v-hull. The BFN/SW/Freeport always used a different trailer than the Ski Nautiques in the 70's and 80's, which kept the strakes off the bunks and the hull hardware off the cross members. Even the 1st gen Sport with its semi-vee hull used a specific trailer with raised bunks.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 3:20pm
Good point, I wasn't really thinking about depth of the V, and therefore depth of the shaft/strut/prop. Until he gets back to someone we also don't know if it's on blocks and if so what that looks like. Will have to be jacked and blocked and the trailer backed under I assume.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 9:54pm
Hey folks, here's the deal on the free San Juan in Boston:

The owner has had the boat for a while. It has been a moored boat in the Boston Harbor area. The owner indicated the pictures do represent its current condition and that the interior is still in "good shape"

The issue with the engine not running occurred two weeks ago...

While motoring back into the harbor, the boat lost oil pressure and then shortly after the engine died. Shortly there after he indicated the bilge turned on and pumped out oil. Lifting the motor box showed bilge full of oil.

Boat scheduled to be lifted off water on 13th and scrapped at a cost of a grand to the owner. He's got other stuff going on, can't really afford the scrap charge, and does not have time for it.

Sounds like a hole in the pan or case.

I'd still go grab the boat, but thinking out the logistics for me...getting new tires on trailer, getting it home and stored and on blocks so I can pull my existing boat for the winter....I just can't make it happen that quick, so ill pass.

The guy seems up front on the phone. For those that can put it together and wish to call him, his number is 617-293-4032

Report back!

dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 11:16pm
This isn't Craigslist but Ski-It-Again.
66 Barracuda in Florida
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 11:19pm
66 Barracuda in Florida
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by dip dip wrote:

66 Barracuda in Florida

That's Jake's (Silver15) boat. He is a member here, and I have seen the boat, runs good.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 3:40am
1997 Sport Nautique
jcamp72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcamp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 6:04am
So does the guy with the san Juan not have a trailer for it???
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 6:25am
[QUOTE=jcamp72] So does the guy with the san Juan not have a trailer for it???[/QUOTE/]

Correct, no trailer. Boat is moored.
jcamp72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcamp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 7:51am
Roughly what is the san Juan worth in the condition its in now? And condition if its running and had trailer?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 8:22am
In both cases Jonathan, it's difficult to say. I suppose if it were a running boat with an appropriate roar-worthy trailer it's worh maybe a 3 grand or so and most of that value in the trailer.

The boat as-is right now is worth what it can be parted out for. And if its all original so that other San Juan owners could use the parts, you'll get more.

Right now, it's a crap-shoot. Motor likely has catastrophic damage. But, it's got a tranny, running gear, etc, which has some value. And a closer look at the pics show all the correct hardware and so fourth. No platform, but a Bimini. Clean interior that appears in good shape, but not period-correct.

Now, keep in mind that it has been a moored boat in salt water, which is scary on its own....and you'll have the cost of a two thousand mile round trip to get it....
jcamp72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcamp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 1:50pm
Yeah really not worth my time.
jcamp72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcamp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 1:52pm
Yeah really not worth my time.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 2:16pm
Anyone know or did I miss what engine it has? Just curious.
It sure must be a big boat not even sure a trailer like
this one,even if road worthy would handle it

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 1:18pm
Trailer appears long enough, and with those vertical 2 x 10 bunks, the boat may sit high enough for the running gear to clear. You would need someone on here to give you the measurements from their San Juan.

Ultra
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2012 at 10:44pm
1997 Sport Nautique
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2012 at 12:58pm
All - I posted a new thread about the San Juan. Please reply if you are interested.
New thread
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2012 at 7:31pm
1997 Sport Nautique
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 4:19pm
"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

1979 Ski Nautique - (stringer job completed summer 2012)
2007 236 Team - All White!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 5:35pm
Looks like some nice updates to the Southwind. I'd be interested if an OB. Are those Farina gauges?

This is the second or third time the Mustang has popped up on CL and for the same money (too much). However, if anyone is interested in that boat, it's literally right down the street from my in-laws and I'll be out there in early Dec if anyone would like me to have a look at it.

Good price on the Mustang in Erie....

Ultra
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 5:58pm
I looked at that yellow Mustang out on Cape Cod for TRB last february. Here is the assessment.

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Regarding the yellow Mustang, after a nudge from Tim B, I went to take a look at it, since it was just down the road from me. To save time typing out my assessment, I'll just copy what I wrote back to Tim.

I went and looked at the 68 today. Some good points, some not so good. It is there on consignment. The shop guy I talked to had done some of his homework and had found the old Florida ad too and knew of the $5,500 sale price.

Appears all original. Hard to believe the black seat backs and side panels are original, but no reason to suspect they weren't.

Original front seat backs on the original wood frames. Seat bottoms and all rear cushions not there, apparently at the guys house. Back seat base in good shape.

Original plastic "diamond plate" floor in excellent condition

Sides and deck in excellent shape, nice finish/luster, very few minor dings around rub rail and on back seat base. The black boot stripe is painted, which is too bad, but only because I dont like the black. The bottom is a different story. Very rough surface near the front and in the rear. Like it was painted with coarse sand mixed in. I asked the guy about it and jokingly asked if it was barnicles. He checked it out and said that's exactly what it was. He said earlier that during its short time up here, it was in salt water. He said the growth on the bottom was indicative of 2 -3 weeks in the salt water. Not sure how you would ever get that straightend out.

I am guessing the boat has seen more salt water than a few weeks up here last year. The manifolds, I am guessing, were replaced, as I don't believe Barrs were ever original on what I believe is an interceptor motor. Not only replaced but rusty finish on them as well. Guy concurred they were likely replaced, not because they were Barrs, but becasue of the plumbing tape on all the connections.

A lot of the hardware is corroded/pitted, gauges, gauge panel, steering wheel center, fuel fill, windshield brackets. Other hardware is in good shape. Cover snaps, but they are integrated into the rub rail so pretty inconspicuous.

Bilge is very clean. All the cables run smoothly. Oil is due for a change, but wasnt bad. Couldnt access tranny fluid as expansion plug was replace with a screw in. Engine quite clean, including the 210 HP sticker which looked original interceptor, which surprised me since its the same 289 2 bbl in our Mustang and that was only 165 HP. Wonder where those extra horsies came from. Trailer is a galvy and in ok, certainly usable, shape.

Since we all acknowldged the high price, I asked if he had any idea how flexible the seller (presently in Europe) is, but he had no idea. Said we can always make and offer.

And that is pretty much my assessment. I have contact info of the shop rep if you have any more interest.

baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 6:33pm
http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/boa/3317374206.html
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 6:41pm
You on Bridge Street also Tique?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

You on Bridge Street also Tique?

That directed at me? If so, not sure what you are asking.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 6:57pm
You mentioned you looked at the Mustang at the Cape, and was wondering if you're on Bridge St.?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 7:04pm
Ahhh, gotcha. Well no, not right now I'm not. Right now I am in Greensboro NC, as I moved to NC from Cape Cod last June. However, yes, I did go to Stage Harbor Marine on Bridge Street last February when I went to check the boat out, but specifically, the boat was in an off-site warehouse where Stage Harbor stores boats. Why do you ask?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 7:18pm
My in-laws live just up the hill from Stage Harbor nn Bridge, so I'm out there quite a bit and thought you might be right down the street, and hence someone to help me with a ski-fix when I'm in Chatham
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 7:31pm
Nope Sorry, can't help you now. Were I still out there, I would have been happy to. I lived in Sandwich, so a little bit of a poke from Chatham, but hey, when you need a fix, you need a fix. Another guy on the site ("dip") came to the Cape from PA on business on occassion, and we got out a couple times. Beautiful country but I traded that for better weather.
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 1:21am
83 BFN in Lexington Ma for $3000, 351W engine.
83 BFN

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 176177178179180 442>
  Share Topic