Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7879808182 442>
Author
drtybrdy9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drtybrdy9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 4:03pm
This 1966 could use some work. But thats what you guys love to do.
drtybrdy9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drtybrdy9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 4:12pm
For all you guys who like the antiques out there
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by drtybrdy9 drtybrdy9 wrote:

This 1966 could use some work. But thats what you guys love to do.

I'm glad it's out there and not here! Not too many of those around.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 4:49pm
We still have a 1960's Al Tyll how to waterski book, it's good for a laugh every time we take a look. Some neat boats pictured in it.

On the price sheet for 1966 in the reference section it say "Revley 300 cu.in. 202 HP with fresh water cooling". What is Revley, and why did they do the closed loop?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

We still have a 1960's Al Tyll how to waterski book, it's good for a laugh every time we take a look. Some neat boats pictured in it.

On the price sheet for 1966 in the reference section it say "Revley 300 cu.in. 202 HP with fresh water cooling". What is Revley, and why did they do the closed loop?

All about the Al Tyll Skier
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 4:58pm
Bruce,

I could have bought this one from the guy I bought my tique from, in Wolfeboro, NH. Its actually the boat I first contacted him about (it was in the diaries in Apr 2004) but then we got talking about the tique. I'm sure the AlTyll sold, but I don't know to who or when.

Edit: working on this as Tim posted the above link. Repeat info, but quite a bit more in the link above.
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

The guy with the torino thinks hes sitting on a gold mine. unless you have a boat to copy from the project will be a p i t a. its not even sitting on a correct trailer.

I agree that the guy is clueless.

What makes you say the trailer isnt original? It looks like a period correct #3-DV to me.
   Check out the trailer, the torino is sitting on one of the chines towards the front, and the original 3DV sits higher do to a spacer between spring bracket and rail that boat sits on. Jeff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 6:55pm
pic of spacers!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

What makes you say the trailer isnt original? It looks like a period correct #3-DV to me.
   Check out the trailer, the torino is sitting on one of the chines towards the front, and the original 3DV sits higher do to a spacer between spring bracket and rail that boat sits on. Jeff

Jeff, look closer and you can see the spacers. The fenders are too low relative to the frame for it not to be a DV.

My former 3-DV did not have parallel bunks towards the rear like the #4's did- they kept diverging all the way back, so it would have been possible for them to come in contact with a chine. I cant tell if you just got creative with your bunks, or if your frame is a slightly different shape... which might imply that you actually have a #4?

Torino trailer (3-DV):

3-DV:

#4:
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 7:29pm
Can we include BoatTrader?:
Only Thirty Thousand, what??!! It includes a nice new aluminum trailer though

This one seems a little more reasonable:
94 for under 12k with 300ish hours

Edit, fixed first link.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 7:49pm
Hay Benj! something dont look wright with the torino trailer, your no3 trailer looks different then the torino trailer. looks like PO changed axle, and smaller fenders. he also states its a no 1 on craigslist. I could be wrong tho.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 7:55pm
On my trailer I added the bunks in front do to our ramps up here are very steep
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 7:56pm
I have never heard of a CC #1 trailer- if one existed at one point then it wasnt available from the mid 60's on as far as I know. The Torino trailer looks the same as my #3DV to me... the steep angle of the angled supports, blocks under the frame, etc. Nothing about the axle strikes me as odd- it looks to be consistent with my other trailers of similar vintage.   The wheel/tire looks a bit larger than what would have been original back then, not sure about the fender- though CC used a few different styles during the early 70's.
skyway2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyway2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 10:55pm
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 11:03pm
Seems high for a waterlogged tubing machine.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Seems high for a waterlogged tubing machine.

Ouch ..... very high price, but actually a nice looking Silver.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 11:52pm
Thats a very nice looking boat there.. I hate black hull though, shows the dirt and scuff marks to easy. Hard to keep up.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2010 at 10:50am
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2010 at 10:36am
I thought this was cool. Wife said too many things floating around. Damn.
What's that Santa guys number?

Glass bottom boat
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2010 at 8:42pm
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2010 at 1:19am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

I thought this was cool. Wife said too many things floating around. Damn.
What's that Santa guys number?

Glass bottom boat

I agree, that would be fun to have. I can't see anyone paying $850 for it, might be for sale for a while.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2010 at 7:23am

78 Skitique $3800, West of Orlando
-Adam

1973 Skier
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2010 at 1:28pm
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/boa/2119983929.html

Not a Correct Craft but for you Y-Block Fans!! Boat Dr.???
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2010 at 12:37am

Sweet looking 2001 in San Antonio

Pretty pricey though...
He who dies with the most toys, wins

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2010 at 12:50pm
Not a CC but interesting looking boat.

1954 Whitehouse Boat
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2010 at 1:00pm
My dad used to have a small Whitehouse boat, with a 45hp Merc pull start! It was a cool little boat.    It had some structural issues I think. I remember you could watch the floor in the back go up and down with the waves. I don't think I'd pay 2k for one.

His didn't have the fins, but one of neighbors had one that did, and theirs had a police cruiser style search light mounted on the bow. Pretty cool.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2010 at 1:16pm
Jody's link It does look like a cool boat
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2010 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Jody's link It does look like a cool boat

That's one heckuva trim tab.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2010 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by 76tique 76tique wrote:

Sweet looking 2001 in San Antonio

Pretty pricey though...

That's 700 hours and 24 years worth of coaching family and friends not to wear shoes inside, no food and extremely slow approaches to the dock. This condition 2001 model seems to be rare these days.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2010 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

That's 700 hours and 24 years worth of coaching family and friends not to wear shoes inside, no food and extremely slow approaches to the dock. This condition 2001 model seems to be rare these days.

I agree! Hard to find them in this condition! I hope I can find one like that some day when I'm ready for another 2001!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7879808182 442>
  Share Topic