NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 9495969798 442>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2011 at 9:15am
Pete, download "craigspal" excellent search engine for craigslist
"the things you own will start to own you"
AteMyLunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AteMyLunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 2:32am
Here's that same Scam Crap...

Hi,
I am selling this boat because my battalion has been sent back to Afghanistan and I don't want to get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before April 21st. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects and was serviced one month ago. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained. I do have the title, clear, under my name. The Malibu has 97 hours salt water on it, HIN# MG2A6539E707 and also comes with 2008 double axle trailer with brakes (also clear title) included on the boat price. It is still available for sale if interested, with the price as stated in the ad $5,460. The boat is in Seattle WA, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. If you're interested, email me and let me know. Below are the boat details and also link with more photos, if the link doesn't work, copy and paste it into a new browser page.

2007 MALIBU V Ride Wakeboard boat
Boat title: Clear
Body type: Ski/Wakeboard
Engine: Malibu LCR 5.7L, 320 hp
Fuel type: Gasoline
Fuel capacity (gallons): 31-40
Hull material: Fiberglass
Lenght: 21 feet

You can find more pics at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117687449726785443198/Apr9201102?authkey=Gv1sRgCIiy_Zub-bXERw#
Cordially,
Albert Harris
Asmodeus2112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodeus2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 9:44pm
Honest mistake, but kinda funny.

1981 Chris Craft- Barefoot Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 9:48pm
It always amazes me that people post an ad for a boat, but don't realize they might want to include a picture of the boat. Pics of the engine, dash, and hourmeter are nice, but it would be good to see ..... the actual BOAT.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Asmodeus2112 Asmodeus2112 wrote:

I'm sure adding the "Chris Craft" was intentional. It brings in more people doing searches.

I found some other rater concerning items in the ad.

"I have owned for last 20 years. 557hrs Not running, needs battery, and minor work to get engine to turn over, probably needs new points.
When I last had it running Prop would not engage, so may have minor transmission work, or May just need a Sheer Pin."

For someone who's owned the boat for 20 years, it sure seems the seller doesn't know much. "Minor work" to get it to turn over. Maybe it's locked up???? A "sheer pin" or "minor transmission work"?? Wow, this guy must be smoking something!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 11:01am
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/correct-craft-century-chris-craft-wood-boat-/110673573238?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item19c4a8b576
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 7:22pm
Not Craigslist but interesting nonetheless:
High Hour 94SN in Serviceable Condition
drtybrdy9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drtybrdy9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 9:18pm
Nice 03 210 SAN, at reasonable price, not easy finding many up here in MN
Asmodeus2112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodeus2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 12:19am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I'm sure adding the "Chris Craft" was intentional. It brings in more people doing searches.

"I have owned for last 20 years. 557hrs Not running, needs battery, and minor work to get engine to turn over, probably needs new points.
When I last had it running Prop would not engage, so may have minor transmission work, or May just need a Sheer Pin."

For someone who's owned the boat for 20 years, it sure seems the seller doesn't know much. "Minor work" to get it to turn over. Maybe it's locked up???? A "sheer pin" or "minor transmission work"?? Wow, this guy must be smoking something!!

I think I'd pay him, umm.... A dollar for it. No more.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 11:19am

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I think I'd pay him, umm.... A dollar for it. No more.

Clearly the guy doesnt know much about the boat, and I agree it needs a lot of work. The price will not be very attractive to anyone looking to get into a budget inboard either, considering how much time and money need to be put into the boat to make it useable. That being said, I had him send me some pictures and the boat looks pretty decent for a project. For someone specifically looking for an older BFN, this would be a great boat to restore at a fair price- there arent too many of these around.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 11:32am
I love the comment in the CL description:

"Can pull up 2 barefooters when it is running"

How many barefooters can it pull up when it's not running?

How much hull difference is there between an '81 BN and a later 80's BN? I'm aware of the cockpit changes, but are the running surface and overall outside dimensions the same?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 11:39am
There was only one minor change to the hull after '80 that Im aware of, and that was to cut the keel down aft of the strut. That was done to increase prop clearance- the '79 and '80 boats could barely clear the 13x15, while all later BFN's got 14x14 props.

Otherwise, the hull was unchanged 79-90. Changes were limited to the deck, interior and graphics.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 12:39am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

"Can pull up 2 barefooters when it is running"

Sounds like the IT guy where I used to work. "I'm done. If your computer worked, it would be twice as fast."
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 12:42am
71 Mustang with Holman Moody

This boat is BAD if it's the one I've seen down there!! Although that was 2 years ago. But Mike my boss says the guy had it out all last summer.
Says $4k--but Money talks--Reid? Anyone?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

71 Mustang with Holman Moody

This boat is BAD if it's the one I've seen down there!! Although that was 2 years ago. But Mike my boss says the guy had it out all last summer.
Says $4k--but Money talks--Reid? Anyone?

Do you know what the colors are on this boat?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 12:28pm
'59 Century in Toledo parting out

Has a 292 Interceptor and a Correct Craft trailer.

'70 Barracuda project in NC

I shot the seller an email and its still available- not a bad starting point for a project, it seems.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2011 at 12:18pm
21' Cuddy set up for fishing.

Dragon Balls
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2011 at 1:34pm
I'm not a fisherman, but isn't a swim platform the last thing you want on a dedicated fishing boat?
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2011 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I'm not a fisherman, but isn't a swim platform the last thing you want on a dedicated fishing boat?

Nope, it's actually a good place to strap down the fish box. If you get good you can net the fish, unhook the lure and land the fish in the cooler. Keeps the interior of the boat a lot cleaner!
WOFTAM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOFTAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2011 at 11:52pm
I don't know if this has been posted, but at a thread of 96 pages long, I done feel like checking, so here goes...

1987 Ski Nautique

I have been talking on and off with this guy. I was supposed to go down and buy it this weekend for $3500, but found a listing from 2006

2006 Listing

and talked with the PO.

He said that the seats and deck were painted (yes, the seats were painted). The PO also said that the stringer repair was done by cutting the top of the stringers off, digging out the rotten parts of the stringers, replacing the rotten portions then re-capping.

Despite my requests, the CO would not take any pictures of the motor area. For that and a few other reasons, I decided to let this one go.

So, it you are in the Dayton, Ohio area and are feeling froggy, check this out. I have no connection to this boat other than I almost bought it. I have every reason to believe that it needs a complete gut job.

If you want some pics, let me know and I will send you what I have. Maybe someone here can get the buy to take a picture of the motor area.

Just because you can does not mean you should.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 12:24am
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 12:55am
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 11:37am
81 Ski Tique $4500 Greenville,SC
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 11:43am
Acme 542 Prop $250 California
66 Skylark
93 SN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 12:25pm

81 Ski Tique $4500 Greenville,SC

Well, hm. Never heard of a Tique with a 6. Repower? Special order? Or, I just dont pay attention.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 2:42pm
On that 71 Mustang on Badin Lake--I'm thinking Blue/White
66 Skylark
93 SN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 3:56pm

On that 71 Mustang on Badin Lake--I'm thinking Blue/White

I got pics.. Beat to snot !!!! Maybe a Grand for the motor $$ ...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2011 at 5:43pm
Fish nautique alert - project boat in SE MASS - RI area
http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/2333778260.html
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2011 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Fish nautique alert - project boat in SE MASS - RI area
http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/2333778260.html

I saw that earlier today and was wondering what the heck it was! Its missing that characteristic jog in the deck that the Fish Nautiques have- Im wondering if its a San Juan that someone decided to convert to a center console?

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2011 at 6:12pm
69 CC Hull    $300 in Indiana
66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 9495969798 442>
  Share Topic