NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3LB Custom Trailer rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3LB Custom Trailer rebuild
    Posted: June-21-2011 at 12:02pm
Pete, like I just mentioned in the other thread, you can make large changes in overall width of the guides (where the rub rail hits them) by making very small changes in the angle that you weld the flange on the end of the pipe.

I do agree that you want them tight... I made mine too wide for my Tique and they werent as big of a help when loading as they could have been. Both the BFN and '81SN had guides that were tight up against the rub rail on both sides once loaded.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by 81 tique 81 tique wrote:

81nautique, do you by chance have the dimensions for the guide poles pictured in your previous picture, or maybe even a hand sketch? It would surely be helpful... Cheers

I will get the dimensions for you but the boat is down at camp (2.5 hours away)and I won't see it for at least 2 more weeks.

Trbenj - do you have easier access to one of the sets I sent you. They had the same bends as what I used on mine.

I always feel that when loading, tighter is better!! Correct guy's???

Pete I hope you are speaking to Quinner or Hollywood on that last post, and not a general question to the forum?????
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

81nautique, do you by chance have the dimensions for the guide poles pictured in your previous picture, or maybe even a hand sketch? It would surely be helpful... Cheers

I will get the dimensions for you but the boat is down at camp (2.5 hours away)and I won't see it for at least 2 more weeks.

Trbenj - do you have easier access to one of the sets I sent you. They had the same bends as what I used on mine.

Height dimensions would be great but getting back to my statement in the other thread, do check the beam width of the hull compared to the end result of the guide on's on the trailer. When I did some clean up work on my 77 Tique trailer, I remember taking several inches off the guide on's (the mounts were almost rusted through) to tighten up the loading of the boat onto the trailer. I always feel that when loading, tighter is better!! Correct guy's???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 7:49pm

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
81 tique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81 tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 7:32pm
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2008 at 12:28am
Allen, That has to be one of the best trailers I have seen. I love the decals you made.
Mike
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 11:23pm
nice work Allen, did you think about adding rollers/wheels on the guard where the skid plates are now? I know Pete,,... it's not orignal, but very practical and with Allen's skills it well be clean
baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 9:52pm
That looks AWSOME- nice work
gb842001
862001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 862001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 9:13pm
Thank you for the screen saver.
I used the close up 3/4 on shot.

Great work, I would be afraid to use it.
John,Fremont,NH
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 4:34pm
Damn alan............Nice!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 4:03pm
Can you make one for me and ship it to Belgium?? The guys out here are bashing me on my crappy trailer LOL...

That trailer is simply wicked!!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 8:37am
That's a classy rig! Very nice Alan, and you make me miss my old boat.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 7:18pm
What can I say that hasnt been said already, but I'm guessing you probably don't mind hearing it one more time. Excellent work, beautiful rig!!
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 7:04pm
Absolutely fanttastic work Alan.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 3:01pm
Alan,
Wicked Pissa!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Alan,

Is the perimeter lettering/stripping painted or stickers? Looks like paint and maybe the "Correct Craft" is a sticker?

Awesome work once again!

Your close, it's all vinyl. I was going to paint it but I didn't want to get into it. I was able to find a metallic vinyl that matchs the paint so close it's hard to tell the difference. The stripe and graphic is all one piece and the Correct Craft script is dropped out so what you're seeing is the painted fiberglass.

I originally set the stripes up to have a smaller detail stripe above and below the center one but it was too busy for such a small area so I removed it.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 12:34pm
Alan,

Wow, the trailer turned out as nice as the boat!!

Is the perimeter lettering/stripping painted or stickers? Looks like paint and maybe the "Correct Craft" is a sticker?

Awesome work once again!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

A trailer queen trailer?

Just kidding. Stunning, simply stunning.

Can't wait to see it in 117 days.

-Steve

Steve, I'll be the only idiot that has to wash his trailer after a day of boating.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I just really enjoy working on this foolish thing. Never really set out to get this involved with it but it keeps evolving each winter and I'm pretty happy with it at this point.

I think most on this site would agree there's a good sense of pride that comes with doing as much of the work yourself and that probably drives most of us that spend way too much time and money on these things.

In the end we're gonna get it wet and dirty and ski the heck out of it, if we break it we'll fix it, see you all at Green lake or sooner.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 11:46am
A trailer queen trailer?

Just kidding. Stunning, simply stunning.

Can't wait to see it in 117 days.

-Steve
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 10:31am
Showoff   
bj
hasbeenskier
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 1:16am
Outstanding.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 1:06am
Magic, What a killer rig... You finished that out right !!! Glad it all worked out for ya !!!

Dave
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 1:04am
WOW! Excellent work Alan! Looks great
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 12:53am
Looks really great Alan. You really do nice work.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 10:57pm
Wow. That looks brand new. Nice job.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 10:45pm
You're gonna be hard pressed to find another ski boat from 1981 looking that good going down the road, and to actually go SKI behind the thing. Show stopper.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 8:55pm
Alan, I love the details! As always, beautiful work.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 8:45pm
You do have a talent for these types of things Alan. It looks very nice. BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 8:10pm
Alan, WOW!! It's going to be tough to back that trailer into a weedy and or dirty water lake!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 7:08pm
Absolutely beautiful. Well done.

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic