NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

09 Midwest CC Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 09 Midwest CC Reunion
    Posted: November-13-2007 at 1:56pm
I know the town has its weekends planned and the reasons we are pushed towards the 11-12-13 of July and I know the work these type of events take to organize and I am not trying to complain.

But I would like to open a discussion about the 09 midwest reunion dates. By the time the 08 reunion comes around reservations for 09 will already be made both by ccfans and by other other groups for other weekends and any changes will be much more involved.

My opinion is that it would work better for a lot of people with multiple day drives if it wasn't so close to the fourth of July. I know there is not date that will make everyone happy, but I would think that two major events in two weekends has got to tax more than just my schedule.

Thoughts?    
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 2:35am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

My opinion is that it would work better for a lot of people with multiple day drives if it wasn't so close to the fourth of July. I know there is not date that will make everyone happy, but I would think that two major events in two weekends has got to tax more than just my schedule.

Thoughts?    

drink less and figure out why you couldn't, beat the fifth slowest boat with your stroked BFN, Not broke in.... please... you sound like my buddy that ran his new motor in the drive way for a couple of hours and wonders why he has blow-by and burns oil on a fresh motor.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 11:46am
You got me, I admit it. I specified and build a motor from scratch, put it into a Ski Nautique (not a BFN btw), and couldn't get it running perfectly within its first hour of run time in the boat.
Of course this means I shouldn't start a completely unrelated topic of conversation without expecting to hear I should drink less from an expert such as Chris who used to have a boat that used to be fast, because he one night he had an epiphany and figured out how to used his credit card to order a level two jasper longblock. What was I thinking?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 12:15pm
I love it when Chris posts after having a few coldies!

Joe, I personally dont have a problem with reunion being so soon after the 4th. Im usually off a good part of that week, so I get to relax and gear up for the trip to GL. I understand where youre coming from, though. If it were a week or 2 later, that wouldnt bother me either.

The one thing that makes it tough for me is the drive- the 20 hr ride home (with the time zone change) from Quinner's place was a killer. GL is a great location for a lot of reasons (Dave and Alan's proximity, lodging/camping, food/drink, etc) so I realize thats a major consideration for keeping it where it is. If it were just a few hours further south/east, it would make my life easier though- IL, IN, OH... Im probably in the minority, but thats my 2 cents.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

If it were just a few hours further south/east, it would make my life easier though- IL, IN, OH... Im probably in the minority, but thats my 2 cents.

If it were just a couple thousand miles west, it would make my life easier - WA, OR, NV, CA, AZ . . . I'm probably in the minority, but that's my 2 cents.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

If it were just a couple thousand miles west, it would make my life easier - WA, OR, NV, CA, AZ . . . I'm probably in the minority, but that's my 2 cents.

BKH

I hear what youre saying Brian- its not really fair to complain since I have the NE reunion in my backyard. My only thought was that a good portion of the GL attendees were from IL, so if the reunion were 2-3 hrs south or east of Chicago rather than 2-3 hrs north, it might not put a huge strain on a lot of people who usually attend- and it would make the trip easier for those who drive from points south or east. While this might not work well for people from WI, I dont think there were many people who drove in from points north or west of GL.

Again, I realize that moving the reunion is tough to do since GL makes it easy with regards to logistics. Being as far away as I am, I cant suggest an alternative site or be very useful when it comes to planning- so my opinion probably doesnt count for much. Just throwing it out there.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 12:50pm
I wasn't making a point Tim, just having a little fun. IMHO if Alan and Dave are doing the organizing, then they should be able to choose when and where the event takes place. I would really like to have a West Coast get together, but I think I'm afraid that I wouldn't have the time to put together a first class event as they have done, and that those who showed up might be disappointed. BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 1:51pm
Now if someone wants to organize an West Coast CCFAN reunion, preferably somewhere warm in the Middle of winter you can count me in as a regular fly in attendee. If it was close to AZ I might start looking for a CC in the neighborhood to buy and keep at my sisters house outside of Phoenix.

I enjoyed GL a lot and I am a definite for this year and hopefully beyond I don't want anyone to mistake conversation for complaining. It is defacto the big CCFAN reunion the one to make if your only going to make one (I would like to make two if the NE one is not on the second sunday in August(hint hint)) and for those that attend it is a great time. Therefore they must be doing something right

Is there another venue like GL (minus the sound ordinance of course) a couple hours south of Chicago with CCFAN volunteers as dedicated and capable of Alan and Mojo, maybe but I sure wouldn't know where either.

Maybe we should be asking those that couldn't make it and wanted to why they couldn't make it. I started thinking of this topic when I saw in another thread that Jbear wasn't going to make it again in 08 because of date conflicts. I know I ended up going by myself last year (and will again this year if need be) because my usual boating cohorts all take the 4th of July week off and could swing taking days off again the week after (alright a couple weren't sure I would actually have a running boat either).

So basically I am wondering what if anything could get more people there.

Maybe, I shouldnt blow off Chris's comments then since I am sure that sh*t talking before hand convinced at least one couple to come on up to GL last year

Tim it wouldn't split the drive up too much for you but your welcome to stop in Auburn NY this year in either direction for a little R&R.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 2:05pm
I think with CC doing their annual reunion in Ohio the GL location made the most sense for our area, finding a location in/around Chicago-land that provides all of the amenities GL has over the past 2 years is a tough call, I have yet to hear or come up with an alternate site suggestion that could truly compare as location has been debated on several occasions previously. No matter where it occurs hopefully every year the turnout continues to grow as has been the case cause it sure is a good time!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

IMHO if Alan and Dave are doing the organizing, then they should be able to choose when and where the event takes place.    BKH

In reality guys GL is the only place Dave and I would be able to help with setting up right now and the time and place are just a matter of what we are able to make work with the resources we have and the weekends availble for us up at GL. There are other much larger events taking place in that area that really limit the available weekends for lodging.

Dana and I have spent entire weekends driving around to different spots to address these issues as they are not taken lightly, we are well aware of the driving that many have to do to get up to GL. An alternate site with the amenities GL has to offer right now just hasn't been located within an area that we would be able to help organize.

Dave, Keith and myself are working on plans for 08 right now and the reunion will be similar in format to last year. I'm certain alternate site suggestions for 09 would not fall on deaf ears and I for one would welcome them. Keep in mind the biggest problem once you find a suitable site is finding a few people close enough to the area to be able to co-ordinate it. That is the magic that makes it work up in GL, quite honestly without Dave up north there I don't know how we'd pull this off in the first place.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 2:36pm

Tim it wouldn't split the drive up too much for you but your welcome to stop in Auburn NY this year in either direction for a little R&R.

Joe, I just mapquested it and it looks like going through NY rather than PA is only 30 miles longer if I leave from CT, and is actually 10 miles shorter if I leave from Boston. Youre ~4.5 hrs away from me (CT) so that would break up the drive plenty! I can handle 12-15 hrs on the road, but 19/20 hrs in one shot is pushing it a bit. I may just take you up on your offer next summer!

Alan, I certainly dont intend to complain. You and Dave have done a terrific job organizing GL- which is why I will be returning regardless of location. Im just throwing my 2 cents in for consideration- and those of us coming from 15+ hours away are certainly in the minority. Maybe Ill have to invest in a camper like you and Reid.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 2:49pm
Just let me say that looking at alternative locations has certainly been tossed around, quite extensively... What everyone needs to understand that to make the GL reunion as nice of a weekend that it is goes beyond the accommodations, bars, gas dock dollies etc (not in that order of course),, but.

It boils down that we get the support from the sponsors like ,Correct Craft. They don't have "reunion" coverage and or get togethers in the upper Midwest. This event gives them a very low cost way of supporting CC owners up here. That's where demos, drivers, wakeboarders come from !!!!!..

Please remember, and don't take this out of context, or to heart, but GL was intended to be a Midwest Reunion site (as thought up 2 years to the month ago). It just so happen that due to the fact that Green Lake is a beautiful place to boat, and to stay, is the sole reason why everyone wants to come back !!!

There must be hundreds of other spots to hold a reunion, but to make it fun, enjoyable and a place you want to actually allot time to vacation to, you have to think of what is needed for "support" to make it happen... With some work and some luck, we've created a fun time for all of us to come back to. The formula all the way around makes this the perfect Midwest gathering spot.

We've had the event the same weekend for two years now.. As far as the timing from the 4th is not the greatest, but for GL it's the perfect time to be there. With the Air show, sailing regattas, fishing tournaments, music festivals, the town gets busy and the waters crowded.. Everyone just needs to suck-it-up and plan on it the same ever year if they really want to come...

Anyone who thinks they have a perfect spot, has the time, has a solid group of CCfan members in the area, I encourage you to set up a regional event. Keith and Alan certainly have the contacts.. If not just know that GL is solid unless Keith someday changes it..

Just my insight for the day... More info will be coming your way regarding the reunion in the next week or two as we finalize plans with Keith and the Sponsors... Look forward to seeing you all again next summer....

Moj'

Hahahaha, Crap. Alan and I must have been typing at the same time.. Sorry for the redundancy of thought...

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 3:32pm

[QUOTE=JoeinNY]
Alan, I certainly dont intend to complain. You and Dave have done a terrific job organizing GL- which is why I will be returning regardless of location. Im just throwing my 2 cents in for consideration- and those of us coming from 15+ hours away are certainly in the minority. Maybe Ill have to invest in a camper like you and Reid.

Tim and everybody else with an opinion, comments or criticism please do not worry on my behalf about complaining. There is nothing personal to me about the reunions, we take everything said and try to apply what we can to make the events better for all each year. This is a learning process and I think it's working out ok. Location will always be an issue no matter where it's held so we move forward and try to improve each year.

Ps. Tim , I could probably give a great deal on a slightly used Bounder. 6mpg up or down hill it don't matter.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Ps. Tim , I could probably give a great deal on a slightly used Bounder. 6mpg up or down hill it don't matter.

Ha, what about when towing? You upgrading?

Im afraid that Ill have to hold off for now- Im preoccupied with adding to my CC collection. Reid says that once I own at least 3, he'll start calling me Admiral.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 7:16pm

Ha, what about when towing? You upgrading?

Man the more gas costs the less that beast is worth, we've talked about parking it at a campground on the river for the whole season and just drive down on weekends in the jeep. Sorta make a summer home out of it. But if you're really interested I'm driving out to Rhode Island next weekend and could drop it off maybe bring Johnny's BFN home if you get a chance to look it over!!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 7:26pm

Man the more gas costs the less that beast is worth, we've talked about parking it at a campground on the river for the whole season and just drive down on weekends in the jeep. Sorta make a summer home out of it. But if you're really interested I'm driving out to Rhode Island next weekend and could drop it off maybe bring Johnny's BFN home if you get a chance to look it over!!

Doesnt sound like that will happen this fall- I told Johnny to keep me in the loop.

If youre going to be in the area very long, let me know if you want to grab a beer!

Ill have to pass on the Bounder for now... no room here in MA and if I try and park a toy that size at my parents house I think theyll kill me.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 1:44am

Maybe Ill have to invest in a camper like you and Reid.

I feel a bigger travel/tow vehicle or rather multiple (or as many as possible) people in the group makes the long trip seem shorter, more bearable and certainly more fun. Just work on putting together the NE to GL caravan Tim. Half the fun for us was getting there, except for all the no-longer-to-be-tolerated pee-breaks.

I'm solid for GL for however many years to come. That said, if there's one thing I feel we could add, it might possibly be a better central gathering spot or "home base" for the boats in addition to the Bay. I really liked what the guys had at the NE gathering. I know I spoke to Moj or Alan one about maybe someone renting a good-size house on the lake which could accommodate several groups, and with a good sized dock and possibly some beach. Maybe I'm spoiled or too picky, but having to cruise down to the Bay in order to gather and hang out in or with other boats, and in often rough water, I feel curtails some potential commaraderie(sp) and activities. I'm just searching for the ultimate interaction quotient, and while I love the fun at the sand bar, I'll bet we can add to it.       

ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 3:53pm
Interesting idea Reid.. There are several large homes for rent on Green, and while there is no beaches per say, they are out there and availble.

Once before we bought property up there, we rented a 6 room farm house which had access/pier and sitting area on the water.. It was a lot of fun.. I don't remember what the cost was, but split between the 6 couples we had it wasn't anything !!

The only typical restriction up there is that most rentals are done by the week (sat to sat)..Anyone interested, there is a great little cottage right on the West side of the water bridge, across from the campground for rent.. It's right on the water, complete with piers. I'll check on the rates etc..

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I feel a bigger travel/tow vehicle or rather multiple (or as many as possible) people in the group makes the long trip seem shorter, more bearable and certainly more fun. Just work on putting together the NE to GL caravan Tim. Half the fun for us was getting there, except for all the no-longer-to-be-tolerated pee-breaks.

I'm solid for GL for however many years to come. That said, if there's one thing I feel we could add, it might possibly be a better central gathering spot or "home base" for the boats in addition to the Bay. I really liked what the guys had at the NE gathering. I know I spoke to Moj or Alan one about maybe someone renting a good-size house on the lake which could accommodate several groups, and with a good sized dock and possibly some beach. Maybe I'm spoiled or too picky, but having to cruise down to the Bay in order to gather and hang out in or with other boats, and in often rough water, I feel curtails some potential commaraderie(sp) and activities. I'm just searching for the ultimate interaction quotient, and while I love the fun at the sand bar, I'll bet we can add to it.       

Great points, Reid. The beach we had at the NE reunion was terrific- plenty of room to hang out, eat, relax, etc. It even had shade... great spot!

Ill start putting together the NE caravan- youre right, it would be much improved to make the trip with a group of people. Unfortunately, like Joe, I have a hard time just finding someone to ride along! Taking a week off work, towing a boat halfway across the country... not sure why its tough to get people to commit
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 5:46pm

If youre going to be in the area very long, let me know if you want to grab a beer!

I'd like to but probably not going to happen this trip. We've got tons of family to visit as we really only get back home 1-2 times a year. We decided to drive this year instead of fly so that cuts into our time as well, we'll get in wed night and head out sat night. If I push it and put on some driving tunes we can do it in about 16 hours. eeegads what was I thinking, sure lets drive this year it'll be FUN.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 6:24pm

I'd like to but probably not going to happen this trip. We've got tons of family to visit as we really only get back home 1-2 times a year.

Gotcha- maybe next time. If your plans change, give me a call.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 12:15am
Thread jack when did I miss Johnny getting a BFN?

I would like the event to change week ends well, but you still see that I am going. Small price to pay for such a good time. In fact I had so much fun last year I will be arriving a day earlier this year.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 1:01am
Somehow I missed it too Jim...where are the pictures?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 11:11am
Johnny does not have a BFN, yet. He was looking at one in NE area but it has been winterized already. Possibly when the lakes thaw next spring he'll have a CC on the otherside of the pier from us.

I then see our 88 getting a nice face lift, and possibly more.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 11:43am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Johnny does not have a BFN, yet. He was looking at one in NE area but it has been winterized already. Possibly when the lakes thaw next spring he'll have a CC on the otherside of the pier from us.

I was just making sure James had his BFN radar on. Does sound like Johnny's pretty set on finding something before spring though, good luck with the search.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 11:44am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

I then see our 88 getting a nice face lift, and possibly more.

Its a smart man doesn't mess with his working ski boat unless he has a back up. My back up the last few years has been my outboard ski boat.. .it doesn't work, once you go inboard you can't go back.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 1:29pm

Its a smart man doesn't mess with his working ski boat unless he has a back up...

Mess with the boat it in the winter when the lake is frozen and get it done by the time the lake thaws
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 7:45pm
Alan the BFN radar is never off. I saw the one johnny is looking at I think. $12k doesn't sound to bad for a BFN with a 502 EFI motor in it. I like blue. Have to talk to the wife, but then the red 87 would be for sale.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 8:19pm

Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Great points, Reid. The beach we had at the NE reunion was terrific- plenty of room to hang out, eat, relax, etc. It even had shade... great spot!

Ill start putting together the NE caravan- youre right, it would be much improved to make the trip with a group of people. Unfortunately, like Joe, I have a hard time just finding someone to ride along! Taking a week off work, towing a boat halfway across the country... not sure why its tough to get people to commit

Guys,
Let's get back to the fun at hand.. Keith is getting ready to post the lead thread for the GL 08' campaign.. I thought to add a quick bump for this thought of some guys who may want to pull together and rent a house to use as a gathering spot.
The Tuk Me Inn, across from the park and adjacent to the Lakeside Inn is available for that weekend. Check out the link. The deck is huge, as well as the yard !!!!!

http://www.sunrisepm.com/rental4/rental4.html

There is another with lake access across from the campground, on the bridge to the marina with lake access. Very cool little cottage.. Once I find the renter, I'll post the info..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 8:26pm
what's the scoop on barney and the noise ordinance?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic