NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Junior Wakeboard

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Junior Wakeboard
    Posted: November-25-2007 at 1:50pm
I'm looking for a junior wakeboard for my twin boys, eight years old. If anyone has one they would like to part with let me know.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 7:17pm
randy- www.overtons.com $150.00
       www.rebelboardsports.com $180.00
       www.sunandski.com same as above
id personally get the kids the hyperlite motive w/ vario bindings found at the later two..the motive is actually a kick ass shape..i have a 144 cm..shaun murrays old pro mold design..will be awesome for the beg- inter..fun board, hard to catch an edge..i actually use mine when i want to do mainly surface 3's and 5's..still get sweet pop with it..hyperlite imo is the best company out there..cant go wrong by any means for 180 bucks w/ bindings..

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 7:40pm
Motive is a good choice. There are others.
Blindside Five-O is one of the most forgiving beginner boards ever. Free Motion, made by liquid force makes a number of lower cost beginner boards.

How tall, heavy, athletic are your boys. What is the foot size? Will make a big difference in terms of what board length and bindings are chosen.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 8:40pm
bkh- i respect your opinion but being an avid wakeboard as fellow friends, you will not find a better beg. board than the motive..numerous people including myself has ridden it, and i still ride it for fun..all around fun a$$ board..the bindside in no more forgiving than the motive..free motion a sister company is ok also..but if im slapping down the monies it going to hyperlite..excellent warranty repairs..coming first hand..i feel liquid force is a notch lower than hyerlite or cwb..seen warranty claims first hand with both..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 9:20pm
Ryan, I own two Motives. No argument. Absolutely a great beginner, through high intermediate board. Depending upon the kid's size, they also make that board in a 119, or a 128.

Free motion I often see for very low price. That's why I would consider it. They make a 125, which is probably about right for 8 year old boys of average size.

The Five-O is is a very old board. I think they've been making it for over 10 years. It doesn't have a lot of rocker, it's not very fast, an it's not a very advanced board. However, I've found it to have some of the softest rails on any board I've ever seen. My beginners just don't face plant as often on this board. They also make it in a 125. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 9:28pm
P.S. I've owned 10 or 11 Hyperlite boards, to my knowledge, all are still in use. I believe I still own 4 or 5 of them. So, I'd second your vote for Hyperlite quality.

The one Blindside five-O I've owned is still going strong after 7 years. I've had two Liquid Force boards - one ripped the binding mounts clean from the board, but that was after about 5 years of use by a bunch of very heavy guys.   I've also had a set of my wife's Liquid Force bindings rip apart after only one season. Finally, there have been two Double Up boards. They are still in good shape, but to be honest, they didn't get alot of use, as my nephews didn't like them much. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 9:50pm
bk- gotta love the motive..such a fun arse board.. not the same pop as a 3 stage but it does extremely well for beg- int..no experience with blindside but indeed i think hyperlites the way to go..motive with vario(intro) bindings for 150..thats what id spend my money on..id go 128 due to at 8 yrs old the kids are growing like grass in the spring..im a big fan of "bigger boards"..im 6ft 185 and ride a hp motive 144 and a premier 141..seems like the bigger board the more forgiving..i think they are easier to ride imho
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 5:21pm
Randy,
My sister/brother-in-law have a Hyperlite 119cm Motive wakeboard with CWB Torq bindings (XS-M) that they’re interested in selling.

The board is ~5 yrs old, and the bindings are ~2 yrs old. I have some pics I can send. Let me know your email address.

Everything is in good shape; no gouges, scratches, etc. The board is decorated with stickers & also has a couple of autographs on it. I think one is from Shaun Murray.

Their kids have outgrown it.

They are asking $175 for all.

Coincidently, they’ll be in Akron this weekend.

Glen
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:39pm
If gn says this stuff is in good shape...take it to the bank. He takes super care of everything he uses or owns...as you guys know that have seen his boat. Learned it from his Dad.

Happy Holidays Glen.....also to your sister/bro-in-law and Mom and Dad.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 10:32pm
Hey John, thanks for the support. Mike is way more anal retentive than I am!!

Hope you guys have a nice holiday as well. Can't wait for it to get warm again. I'm not as patient as I used to be... I'm getting old!!

Glen
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 11:37pm
You are killin' me when you say "I am getting old"

Gotta agree on the assessment of Mike's AR.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 2:26am
Ryan- thanks for the advice, I looked at the Hyperlite Motive at both sites you listed and although I trust you recommendation, I can't go with that board because it looks too, how do I say this, "little kiddish", the boys are not going to go for those graphics!

Brian- thanks for your input too, I think I'm going to get the five-o I seen it online at Walmart for $139 shipped to my local store for free.

Glen- $175 seems a little high since I can get a new one for $140-$180. also, I think I want it to look somewhat new since I'm going to give it to them for Christmas.

Jbear- Do you know Glen from your Ohio days? I know Glen is a man of his word. I met him and his son last week to buy a kneeboard from him. Glen was really nice and the board was great just as he described it, looks new.

So, I think I will order the five-o, seems like a good board t get them started and it doesn't look too childish.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 2:47am
Randy: Yes...I have known Glen's family for 25 years. Watched Glen grow up around our Ski Club up in Sandusky. I am much closer in age to his parents. Great family. Can't believe he and his sister are all grown up with families of their own. Nice example of how boats and skiing keep a family together. I was always vice-president of our club...leaned on Glen's Dad all the time...he can do anything.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 2:55am
Jbear- small world, isn't it?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 2:59am
Well, I went back to walmart.com and they are sold out!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 3:30am
Sure is sometimes....getting smaller every day.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 10:56am
Randy,
I understand where you are coming from on wanting a new one since its for Christmas.

If things don't work out elsewhere (I see Walmart is a bust), make an offer...

I still have some pics I could send, just let me have your email address.

Honestly, I think if you remove the stickers that my nephew put on the board, and gave it a nice wax job, it would look pretty nice.

Your call...

Glen
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 8:47pm
randy- go to ebay..or here          

NEW OBRIEN VISION 126 cm YOUTH KIDS WAKEBOARD MSRP $300
     Item number: 190178014223     

Buyer or seller of this item? Sign in for your status        
Watch this item in My eBay

This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
As a guest, you can:
Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends

View larger picture

Buy It Now price:      US $119.97      Buy It Now >

Get It Fast As soon as November 30 (conditions)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 8:49pm
and the bindingsNew Obrien 06 JR BASE Wakeboard Bindings KIDS Women
Hyperlite, Liquid Force, CWB, Correct craft, Sea Ray     Item number: 110163492467     

Buyer or seller of this item? Sign in for your status        
Watch this item in My eBay

This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
As a guest, you can:
Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends

New Obrien 06 JR BASE Wakeboard Bindings KIDS Women
View larger picture

Buy It Now price:      US $39.99      Buy It Now >

Shipping costs:     
Calculate
Calculate
Ships to:     United States
Item location:     Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
You can also:     

Bid with Bid Assistant
Get mobile or IM alerts | Email to a friend
Listing and payment details: HideShow

Payment methods:     
PayPal (preferred),
Money order/Cashiers check,
Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods accepted,
Visa/MasterCard
See details

Meet the seller
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 8:52pm
skidiscounters.comHydroslide 180 Jr. Wakeboard With Jr. Chaser Binding
Hydroslide 180 Jr. Wakeboard With Jr. Chaser Binding     
Hydroslide 180 Jr. Wakeboard With Jr. Chaser Binding

pad
Item #: NAS180
pad
Regular price: $250.00
pad
Sale price: $149.88
(You Save 40%)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 9:10pm
Here is a Free Motion 128 for 80 bucks.

http://www.buyoffseason.com/product_info.php?products_id=2985

I would try froogle.com. Search "junior wakeboard" search "kids wakeboard" and
search the various brands: hyperlite, liquid force, CWB, Obrien, free motion, etc.

Since froogle brings up the items by price, you can only look at those within your price range to determine if the length. and graphics suit you.

Unless you kids are exceptionally big, or exceptionally small, I would look for a board in the 125-128 lenght. If they are small, 118-122. If they are larger, 132.

If you find a board you like, then I'd do some google searches, which is more comprehensive than the froogle search.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 9:45pm
Liquid Force Nemesis for $99
http://www.summitonline.com/104176.html

Another Freemotion for $80
http://www.summitonline.com/water-sports-wakeboards.html

Blindside Five-O $99
http://www.seisports.com/?,browse,16,80,3,000012

Obrien board with bindings $169
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/OBrien-2007-System-Wakeboards-P17995C3571.aspx?AFID=1

Deals are out there if you search.

I recommend you stay with a name brand. Don't buy gladiator, nash, etc.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 10:35pm
id go with the motive...randy as bkh said...google it up..yes there are deals out there, just gotta look hard...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2007 at 12:32am
Haven't seen a smoking deal on the motive yet.

Here's another Blinside five-o for $75, new, no shipping. Not sure I like the graphics on this particular board.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BLINDSIDE-5-O-125cm-INTERNATIONAL-WAKEBOARD-5-0_W0QQitemZ190177092109QQihZ009QQcategoryZ111301QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2007 at 3:55am
Thanks for all the help guys, I have been checking out all of these links.

I think I would like to find a motive but I'm thinking I should go a little bigger than what Glen has (119),I'm thinking more like 128, they wouldn't outgrow it as fast and my 11 year old daughter could probably ride it too (don't know if i would need different bindings for her.)

I want to find something without girlie or childish graphics.I hope to have time this weekend to look around some

Thanks again for all of the help!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2007 at 4:11am
Randy,

A 119 is supposed to handle up to 105 lbs. A 128 is supposed to handle up to 140 lbs.

I don't know what your price range is. I've seen motive packages with adjustible bindings for $175 to $200.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2007 at 9:23am
Are you still looking? Last week I asked a friend to put on e-bay for me a kid's board with two sets of binders - large & small. The graphics are monster type characters so you may not want this per your note above. I got it used and my daughter used it for a number of years and is now using her mother's. I could send you pictures. It is in great shape.

Mark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2007 at 11:16pm
Mark,

I really think I want to go with a new board for them and I'm not too sure about the monster graphics. Thanks anyway

I have been looking but haven't decided on one yet...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2007 at 11:33pm
hyperlite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic