NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calling all snowboarders and skiers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling all snowboarders and skiers
    Posted: December-20-2007 at 5:29pm
How many of you northern wakeboarders and water skiers also snowboard and ski?

Also, an open invitation to anyone in WI and IL, I have a family season pass to Wilmot Mt. We have been going at least once a week. I'd sure like to meet up with anyone else in the area who is near the hill. Drop me an email if you want to plan something.

Merry Christmas all!

-Steve
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2007 at 6:09pm
If you had a season pass last year you probably saw me in the bar every Friday, skied once. Next time I'm there I'll let you know. PLBC lives about 10 minutes away.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2007 at 9:16pm
We were at Chestnut Mountain, IL (an oxymoron for sure) last week & heading up to Afton Alps, Mn (same joke) next week.

Great way to practice your balance.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2007 at 10:06pm
Started Snowboarding 10 years ago after skiing for 25. Crystal Mtn or Alpental. Depending on the day. Try to get up a couple times a week.   
88 2001
joed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2007 at 10:28am
I teach Skiing and Snowboarding during the winter in mid-michigan. 5 to 6 days per week on the snow all winter long.

It would be fine with me if we skipped spring and fall... from the hill to the water and right back again. ;o)

Joe
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2007 at 11:08am
joed
We're heading to Alpine tonight, after my company Christmas party. I've been on the board once so far this season. Let me know where you're boarding/skiing over the holidays. We might head up to Boyne Mt. on the 26th.

Raindog
Where are these mountains you speak of? What kind of verticle are we talking about, 2000-3000'
Our local bump is a scary 300' of vert

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

joed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2007 at 12:01pm
Hey Steve,

Glad you're healed! I'll be teaching at Mt. Holly everyday thru Jan 6th. That's when the $$$ can be made. ;o)

Let me know if you guys want to spend the day at Holly... it'd be great to hang out with you and the boys. I can get a couple a free lift tickets for you if I'm there.

Let me know!

Merry Christmas!

Joe
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2007 at 12:06pm
Yup, you got it, 2000 - 3000.

Inches.

Wilmot is an enormous pimple. 8 lifts, a dozen and a half runs. However, it is < 1 hour door to door and usually not too terribly crowded. They also do a pretty good with making snow and grooming. Its the best thing we have within 2 hours of my house. Since I want to get my kids a lot of hill time, we are going for quantity over quality.

As a teen, I belonged to a private hill 10 minutes from my high school and taught skiing as well. We would ski 5-7 days a week. Switched to snowboarding in '91.

Taught my twin girls to snowboard last year when they were 6-1/2. Next week, we will be working on linking turns and carving on edge. In January, I'm going to try to get the 4-1/2 year old girl boarding.

The most rewarding times of my fatherhood to date has been teaching the kids snowboarding and wakeboarding and the subsequent time spent together.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic