NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to LIFT Nautique off Trailer?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
HudsonSpeeder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudsonSpeeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to LIFT Nautique off Trailer?
    Posted: October-17-2004 at 8:44pm
Hello,

I would like to make some repairs on my Nautique's Trailer ? Can I lift the Nautique with a hoist using the front "eye bolt" and the rear "U-Bolts" (the ones right under the platform)?Basically I want to replace the trailer BEDS . Any DIY tips for lifting are appreciated.

Thanks,

Hudson
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstafford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2004 at 12:22am
I put a floor jack under the tong of the trailer, then let it settle down to the floor. With the back of the boat now up in the air, I put blocks under the back of the boat. Now you jack up the boat and put one block under the bow. Pull the trailer out. You will have to jack the boat a couple of times to get over the axel. Now the boat is sitting on three blocks. A bit unorthodox but it worked for me.
Trevor 1968 Mustang
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2004 at 3:15pm
I did the same thing tstafford suggests. However, yes you can lif the boat using the three lifting rings you mentioned. If you use one lifting point, you should use a spreader bar to ensure you are lifting straight up on the rings. Assume the boat weighs between 2500 and 3000 lbs. I definately would not trust the ceiling/roof structure in your garage to carry this weight.

I can take a picture of my boat on blocks to give you an idea if you think it would help.
HudsonSpeeder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudsonSpeeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2004 at 6:17pm
Thanks Guys!

OK , I understand the idea and David good idea using the "spreader bar" , I hadn't thought about that.

Cya

Hudson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2004 at 6:41pm
how much work you gotta do? i needed to work on mine i put it in the water tied it up and found a nice shade tree / w a cordless sawzall and drill and a socket set. you can pretty much get r done there. with out collapsing your garage.
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2004 at 2:15am
Hey DavidF, I would really like to see the pics as I plan on sandblasting my trailer this winter. I have a trolley in the shop that will make the lift a snap but was trying to figure out some blocking to put under the boat.
1979 Ski Nautique
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2004 at 12:32pm
DavidF,
I 2nd the pictures!
Would love to figure a way to hold the boat and work on the trailer.
(If you need to email: scottandannmc@comcast.net)
Thanks,
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2004 at 12:49pm
OK, let me take the photos this afternoon and will try to send them out tomorrow. I hope I can remember to do this
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2004 at 6:07pm
My email just in case- johneodeer@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance
1979 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic