Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

71 yr old barefoot skiing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 yr old barefoot skiing
    Posted: January-05-2008 at 12:15am
I bought my old Dunphy inboard from a guy named Bishop who was 73 yrs. old back in Jan. of '06 (when I bought the boat) and as we were talking we got on to "barefooting" and he told me he still did barefoot every summer on the Mon River in Pittsburgh! I was pretty amazed. I guess he's still at it.
I also knew a woman when I was a kid (a friend of the family) who skied a lot clear up into her 80's (again, in the summer).

I gotta hand it to this guy; there's snow on the ground and he's out there without a wet suit.

(Actually I'm not even sure that was technically swim-trunks (ha ha). )

Just kidding! That guy's tougher than me and I'm 36 years younger!!!!
Inboards Rule!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2008 at 12:50am
Todd that was to cool. Hope I can foot at 71. I just got some pictures in the mail of a ski club friend, Paul Inman, riding his slalom ski this summer and he is in his mid 80's. Will tire a driver out, he skis so long. Taught him to foot on the boom when he was 67.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 9:12pm
71yrold on new years day

Thought this was pretty cool.

My Grandfather, who just died last month at age 97, single skied at age 80 at lake Pillsbury.

I hope I can make it until then as well.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic