NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. Johns River Mini Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St. Johns River Mini Reunion
    Posted: January-14-2008 at 9:23pm
How many are planning to come to the week end mid winter cruise.............
looks like a few so far , below are a few .

Reidp
MaddMarxx
jbear
Boat dr
mjess ???
hasbeenskier

Whom else have I left out????
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2008 at 10:52pm
Lets post some dates and location info.

Looks like some of the lucky ones are gonna start in the Keys and head north (well central Florida actually) on Feb 15th. Hope to meet at ReidP's place on the St. Johns river for a day on the water the 16th. As long as this is ok with Reid and Laurie.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2008 at 3:57am
heres a few you left off the list!

Blondiegurl
marshall
woody
my bro, keith
meyers76
and I hope "Backfoot" can make it!

whos bringing the shot-ski?
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2008 at 7:46pm
I must be living under a rock, this is the first I have heard of this event. When and where?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2008 at 8:21pm
James: Check my post above...ST Johns river in Florida.....we gotta get Reid on for the particulars.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2008 at 8:36pm
That's were I got confused, when you said reid's place. I forgot he was going to be in Florida for the race.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2008 at 9:41pm
My mistake James...shoulda said Florida. we plan on meeting at his place on the St. Johns river before the race. A long way to go for you but it would be cool to meet ya.

Mark: I take it you, Lisa and Keith are in. I am not sure I mentioned it to Eddie but will this weekend and I bet he'll come, at least for Saturday. Which is what we might do. Don't know where to stay overnight. You gonna do the race?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 12:10pm
That is the game plan for us, the lucky ones.Leaving La. on the 8th, heading to the Keys, Karen has never been.
plans are to arrive in Astor on or about the 14th.Somewhat depends on how much fun we are having there, and when we "HAVE TO LEAVE"
Mark Jessup and his wife Diane are flying to Key West on the 10th,mjess.And flying out of Orlando on the 17th.
Maddmarxx is sending me info on where to stay forthe reunion.Still trying to nail down rooms there.
Looking forward to a great time with our CCFAN,s and a short get away....Boat dr
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 8:47am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

That is the game plan for us, the lucky ones.Leaving La. on the 8th, heading to the Keys,

Doc, Are you using your van? Some of us were amazed that the thing made it all the way to GL and then back again plus pulling the boat! It's a true testament to your mechanical skills in keeping a vehicle going.

It sounds like it's going to be a fun outing. Wishing I could join in!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 5:04pm
Pete, there has been a Dodge Caravan in our stall for 15 years.The one , 1994 w/245,254 miles was traded off in Nov. for a new 2007 Dodge grand Caravan. Same motor 3.8 w/ towing package.
Had too many eating at the feed trough,so Karens Mustang,2006,and the old van found a new home.She got a new van, I got to keep my 1999 Z71, w/155,000 miles.
Somehow I think I got the short end of that stick. Oh well.....If Mama is happy, EVERYONE ELSE IS TOOOOOO..........boat dr
It has the Sto-n-Go seating ,that is too cool, no more pulling out the seats to go camping. Great on this old mans back...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 6:11pm

no more pulling out, Great on this old mans back...

Doc, you friggin stud you!!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 6:12pm

.The one , 1994 w/245,254 miles was traded off in Nov. for a new 2007 Dodge grand Caravan.
It has the Sto-n-Go seating ,that is too cool, no more pulling out the seats to go camping. Great on this old mans back...

Billy, We rented one of those to run back home over Thanksgiving, put 2400 miles on it in 4 days and it was the nicest thing I've driven for that type vehicle. And just to prove there's a little bit of hillbilly in all of us, we put those stow and go seats down, laid out some sleeping bags and saved some money on hotel rooms.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2008 at 2:25am
Way to go Billy . I was wondering the exact same thing Pete was . Just today .
Have a safe and fun trip .

Tell Karen , Wendy and I said hey .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 1:09am
I've missed this thread til now. Sounds like a great time shaping up as I've been keeping tabs on BJ(Hasbeenskier) and Doc. We've got a total of 8-10 guys in our group coming down from NC (sorry Jbear, no Laurie). CC's include two of ours, Marshall's rocket as MM mentioned, and I'm promoting rumors of the Speed Skiff showing up with Matt (WLKONH2O) and Nautique John. The engine just went back in today. We should also see Rick Robinson, who has a place in Astor and his red '67 Al Tyll in the diaries. We've got a house rented right in the middle of Astor on a canal just off the river. I see at least 10-12 boats so far and several dozen participants. We're gonna run a slalom course around the 'gators and cruise as fast and loud as we want (except when in the manatee zones, of course).
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 1:59pm
Man, I hope you guys are still doing doing this when I finally get to the point in life when I can go. I know my Mustang will be ready by then. Have a great time and write it up and post some pics when you get back.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 10:50pm
I am glad you finally got on board here Reid...would be kinda cool if we all just showed up without you knowing. Patti, Backfoot and I will be up Saturday with my '80. Which is running very well thanks to my new prop (thanks mike) and a little tweaking by Eddie. I heard from the boat dr over the weekend and we are hoping he will come here first (friday?) and then follow us up there. We will be in for a long day Saturday as we can't stay over. Will miss Laurie of course...will you at least bring those cool dogs?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 12:30pm
Sounds like a plan John, I just wish you guys could be up there Friday as well. Since we're down there for several days before, we're gonna look for another place or two to cruise, so maybe you'll see us down your way as well. (We'll be down Thur-Mon, but at the race all day Sunday). I see some good running in the works here with Jbear's boat running like an unlimited hydro and MM talking about his. I think we might bring the Classic as it's been running well also, or at least it was before we had to put everything away when our frigid 40 deg weather hit. We have actually had temps in the teens several times over the past week. Man, I miss FLA.

Anyway, I see a nice cruise up the scenic St Johns in route to a raft-up party at Silver Glen Springs on Saturday, the 16th. Then head somewhere on the water in Astor for dinner; the bar upstairs from BlackWaterInn is normally fun, and just a block from the boat ramp. (Maybe they'll let us bring in our ShotSki). I've attached a few picts of the area from our 2006 trip.

The river thru Astor.

Typical residential canal and Rick Robinson's Al Tyll.

The river heading towards Lake George and the The Glen. Marshall's Mustang.

Sites along the way on the river.

Crystal clear Silver Glen Springs water- 75 deg water year round.

The Glen filling up on a nice afternoon. And there are actually girls that show up.

Correct Crafts screaming home back up the river.

Oh, and John, sorry no dogs, as Labs and Gators don't mix. And if there's water available, these guys are in it. I've seen all kinds of dogs at the glen, but Laurie won't allow it. Oh well.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 12:36pm
Great pics. That water looks so clean. Good idea about keeping the dogs home. My English Setter would probably walk right up to that gator and start barking at it.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 11:21pm
Great pics...can't wait to get the '80 wet there. We'll leave very early in the morning so we don't miss much fun. I gotta get an address or something I can google to get some directions.
Can't wait to see that Al Tyll. Always have admired it in the diaries.
Jo the Tennessee wonder dog gets to stay home I guess.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 12:49am
John, The rented house is on Lee Street but I don't have the street number here at home, so I'll post it later. Do you remember where the city dock/ramp is in Astor, or do you want to meet us at the house prior to launching?    Rick has confirmed he'll be out cruising with the 'Tyll.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 1:15am
I think I remember where the ramp is.....but would like to meet ya at the house I think. We should be over there early..before launch time.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2008 at 7:09pm
Is this a closed meeting or is it a "the more, the merrier" type of get together.
If the latter, I'd like to hook up with someone on the road somewhere along the way, never been to Astor, or on the St. John's for that matter, like to find the way so I can take the family this summer.
Can't figure out which Boat Ramp in Astor y'all are going to be at based on the posts. How bout finding it in your heart to let a "newbie" tag along. The good thing is that with my dented prop, the discussion of who will be the slowest will be ended
-Adam

1973 Skier
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2008 at 7:46pm
I'm sure that you're more than welcome. Give JBear a buzz tonight and tell him that I said its OK. I'm riding with him and Patti and meeting up with MM, Keith and Blondie coming through Orlando in the early AM and caravaning with them. John will have the scoop on when and where. His cell number is 863-604-3237.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2008 at 8:26pm
Thanks Eddie, I tried emailing MM through the CCFan website but it kept coming back as undeliverable. I see that he lives in Orlando too. I've got some running around to do tonight, I'll give him a buzz after dinner.
Thanks again, look forward to seeing/ meeting you tomorrow
Adam
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2008 at 8:28pm
Wrote down John's number, didn't know if you might want to edit post to remove it. Didn't know if he wanted it posted.
Thanks again, Adam
-Adam

1973 Skier
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2008 at 10:30pm
That's not JBears real number anyways,
his is 1-900-FLA-GASH
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 1:23am
Adam,
Come on up! We're already here and will look forward to meeting you Saturday. Furthermore, if it's a gathering posted on this website, it's by all means open to everyone. And the actual house number is 55746 Lee street, down towards the end on the left, can't miss it, Rodney's camper in the driveway. Rick will be here as well but unfortunately won't have the Al Tyll. He'll be in his U-17, so at leasst we'll have someone to outrun Marshall. Marshall smoked the Classic today, but I had him from 30-35 every time.

And If you can't reach jbear at any of the other numbers, 1-800-GO-NADZZ, is also a possibility. Or, you can call me at 704-451-5080.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 11:54pm
A good time was had by all. I know that everybody is waiting to see some pics.

This is everybody at the dock of the place that Reid and Co. were staying at.

Reid's Classic. Sweet boat.

Marshall's boat. Very cool and fast.

Everybody knows MM's boat. Also very cool and fast.

Our newest friends of CCF. Adam and his very cool little '73 Skier.

Check out the water on this lake. It was friggin' huge. We were very fortunate to have an awesome day with little wind. Made for nice drive across the lake to the springs.

I have no idea what the hell is happening here. It's in Reid's boat at someplace around 45MPH so you'll have to ask him.

Finally at the Springs. Check out the water. Constant 72 degrees year round and crystal clear. We got quite the looks from everyone else there.

I know that others have quite a few pics so we'll wait to see what else shows up here.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 2:31pm
This is very nice, all really nice boats, cant wait to see more pics!!!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 3:51pm
Yeah, didn't MM click off quite a few more picts? But maybe he realized nobody would be interested in seeing shots of the transom of everyone else's boats.

On a brighter note concerning this gathering, we will continue this for subsequent years during this same weekend which is always centered around the Daytona 500 race weekend. So whenever that falls for the particular year, normally sometime the 14th and 20th of Feb, we'll be there. This past outing was great, and the only thing that could make it better would be 10-20 more boats.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic