NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I must be out of milk and bread?!!?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I must be out of milk and bread?!!?
    Posted: January-17-2008 at 12:45am
This will be a big laugh for those of you up north, but stores near and far in georgia are sold out of milk and bread...and toilet paper...because it's snowing in town! I'm not sure I get the toilet paper thing, but everyone in the area left work early, won't be there tomorrow, has been by the grocery store, called all of their relatives, and mostly don't know how to act!   LOL

The funny part is that it'll be melted by lunch tomorrow...I'll get a pic or two if it lasts long enough.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 10:09am
Must be a lot of transplanted New Englanders down there. SNOW = Milk + Bread
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 10:14am
In Michigan
SNOW = Snowboarding + Snowmobiling + Schnapps

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by NAUTI84 NAUTI84 wrote:

Must be a lot of transplanted New Englanders down there. SNOW = Milk + Bread

It's actually difficult to meet someone in atlanta that is from atlanta.

Tull, I like your equation, but I've never even been on a snowboard. With the schnapps added in, I'd probably see some of those jumping trees.
1988 BFN-sold

Buckeye1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 3:24pm
I am in Charlotte, NC, originally from Columbus, OH, and see the same phenomenon. I suspect they are also purchasing eggs and plan a French Toast party on their day off! I also saw something different last night on the highway. A overhead sign read "Caution, deicing operations in progress". The strange thing was that at that time there had not been a single flake or drop of ice.
John
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 8:46pm
Here in Indy, the DOT treat the roads with a liquid molasses solution before the roads become frozen or slick from moisture.

In the South do they only eat molasses?

It will not work this wk end for it is to be 5 below zero!!!
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Buckeye1nc Buckeye1nc wrote:

I am in Charlotte, NC, originally from Columbus, OH, and see the same phenomenon. I suspect they are also purchasing eggs and plan a French Toast party on their day off! I also saw something different last night on the highway. A overhead sign read "Caution, deicing operations in progress". The strange thing was that at that time there had not been a single flake or drop of ice.

Mr. Brooks, I saw those same signs driving between Charlotte(work) and Mooresville(home). Haven't talked to you on the site before I don't think, but we're right up the road and have some very close Buckeye friends here, well, actually Bearcat and Zip fans as I'm sure you can decipher, from Medina. Also, I bought our 69 Mustang (diaries) from Buckeye Lake. Please give me a call sometime and hopefully we can hook up - 704-451-5080.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Quigs85SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quigs85SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 9:58pm
We got 5" of snow in Charlotte,NC when I was a kid. We got an entire week off of school. Here in Michigan, 5" of snow won't even get the kids a late start time for the school day.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

It's actually difficult to meet someone in atlanta that is from atlanta.

My sister-in-law (from Indiana) lived in Atlanta for a couple of years, and that's exactly what she would always say.

And, she'd send cell phone pics on the rare occasion of snow with a caption that read something like "school's closed", or "got sent home from work because of the weather". Funny what you get used to. For school to close here in northern IN, you have to have severe, severe weather. BTW, calling for -3 here tomorrow night, with a wind chill of -20.

Rob
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2008 at 4:18pm
I recall getting snow one time way back in my former life when I lived in Charleston, SC. Instead of salt spreaders on the back of snowplows, they had guys shoveling sand out of the back of dump trucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2008 at 9:41am
Down here in the south, we sometimes get snow twice in a winter season. This year we're getting it twice in 1 week. The global warming crowd is gonna have their collective shorts in a bunch trying to explain this!
1988 BFN-sold

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2008 at 6:06pm
Greg; You've had snow twice in the Atlanta area already this year? Maybe it'll help the lake...dunno..you might need lots of snow.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2008 at 9:09am
Our crippled lake is still about 19.5' down, so every little bit helps.
1988 BFN-sold

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2008 at 11:38am
Greg, if you got the entire state to dedicate every Sunday as "beer Day" everyone could help fill that lake in a hurry, as long as you dont mind saltwater
"the things you own will start to own you"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2008 at 1:21pm
Just to keep you guy's laughing. They started posting church closings last night on the tube. My phone rang informing us that church was cancelled because of the weather. It's 20'F outside and the sun is shining. Very little signs that it was snowing all day yesterday. The fear of "Black Ice" has gotton its firm grip on the South once again......................

On a sad note: On Wednesday , a Park Ranger, his wife and 13 yr old son hit a patch of it and there SUV flipped over into a lake drowning all three occupants leaving another Son at home. The Funeral was yesterday. I know we all joke about it but those of us who live in the south don't have the experience driving in it as we only see it maybe once a year. The DOT doesn't have enough equipment to deal with it as it doesn't make econimic since for a "Maybe" day once or twice a year.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2008 at 1:26pm
hitting black ice is something you dont forget, it puckers all the orifices
"the things you own will start to own you"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2008 at 4:43pm
Man...almost 20 feet low...unbelievable. Norris in Tennessee where we go always goes up and down by more than 20ft but we know it'll always come back in the Spring.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

but we know it'll always come back in the Spring.

That used to be the caes here. In fact, when I was a kid the lake would go over full by 3-4 feet each spring. There must be too many people drinking it. The largest local user was recently found to be pepsi(gatorade) in atlanta?!!?

Here's a pic...mine's on the left.
1988 BFN-sold

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 11:46pm
Must be sad seeing your dock like that...BTW...what is that white stuff on the ground and in the trees?
I just swore off gatorade in support of your lake.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 4:36pm
Snowing right now, had about inch of the white stuff on the ground when I came into work. AS for black ice you learn to respected it real fast when you have to drive a fox body mustang with some what bald tires. Never any fun traveling westbound on the freeway, then all of a sudden your facing eastbound in the westbound lane and traffic is coming right for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic