NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Barefoot for Johnny!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 11:28am
That is sweet JJ. Let's hear the rest of the story. I'd say it's worthy of a new post.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 12:49pm
How does one let their boat get in rough shape like this one? Puts tears in my eyes to see.

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 1:00pm
Johnny,

Thats a great looking boat. Congratulations.

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 1:40pm
Johnny- Congrats Buddy! I'll bet you are itchin to get it out on the water.
Enjoy!

Ken, you must be referring to the old posts from the start of this thread (a 1990 in very rough shape)

Johhny's new BFN is in nice shape
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 1:57pm
Johnny, that thing looks clean- post some more pics! Start a new thread so no one else gets that ugly '90 mixed up with that beautiful '88. Im jealous, Id love a 87-88 BFN myself.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 2:07pm
Yes, the orginal BFN that MM posted has seen better days. I absolutely love Johnny's new ride! I'm looking forward to seeing it. Congratulations, Johnny. What a workhorse those boats are.

Ken

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 7:14pm
Congrats Johnny. Looks like it may have been worth the wait and search. Better sign that one up for GL.

Rob
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 7:25pm
Say it isn't so... The search is over???? Way to go Johnny !!! No break out the communion money, you're gonna need it hahahahahaha.....

Hope to see it up North buddy !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 7:50pm
Congrats on the new boat! And yes!!! Please post as many pics as you have time for. That boats looks to have been baby'd and I have a certain interest. I'd even like to know what may have been in the tool box from the factory!

Nice find, graphics and everything!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 8:29pm
Now thats a sweet BFN, Its much better then that 1990-POS I started the post with...Congrats!
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 9:02pm
Thanks for the congrats everyone. I'll do my best to get some more pics up soon, but might not be able to till next week as I am pretty busy and out of town this coming weekend.

Tull, sorry about not letting you know we'd be on your turf...the original plan was to just stop there for a quick look on our way to NC, but it ended up looking better than I thought, so we hooked her up and took her home. Next time for sure!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 12:22am
No problem Johnny.
The invite is always open to CCfan members.
The boat looks great.
That is one serious road trip you had planned. Head north from IL to MI, and then to NC. You are one determined SOB.
Welcome to the BFN club.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 7:02am
Congrats on the boat Johnny!!
Very sweet machine!

Still... I hope someone will rescue the one MM posted (if the price is right of course)... would hate to see it perish completely

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 1:02pm
Congratulations Johnny! Let's get that thing in the Diaries. I assume we'll get a chance to see it in Green Lake in July!

Sweet boat.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 3:03pm
Very nice Johnny. Welcome to the world of insurance payments, storage, winterization, repairs, cleaning, polishing, waxing, teak oil, etc. etc. Isn't it great.

Oh, and don't forget, all your friends who seemed really cool will instantly become cash strapped and stupid the second they step into your boat

Enjoy it. BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Oh, and don't forget, all your friends who seemed really cool will instantly become cash strapped and stupid the second they step into your boat

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 7:13pm
BKH, Larry...

I only have to say this on your comments:
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 11:36pm
Does anyone know if that 1990 that MM posted originally is still for sale?
(hopefully i didnt skip over a post that explained this already )

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2008 at 10:22pm
Larry,

The back of that tee shirt should say "No Cheesy Poofs Allowed". The other stress about owning a boat are the people who wear sandy shoes in your boat, let the boat bang up against the dock while holding it and food crumbs and crap everywhere.

Ken
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 1:38am
Nice ride Johnny, where abouts in Michigan did you pick it up at?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 7:11pm
Doing a little maintenance.

Fuel Filter/Water Separater element change. This thing is difficult to remove, possibly never changed before.

Pretty original, some cracking along the top floor edge where it turns down towards the bilge. Will need to be patched.

Factory "Judge" seat. New plywood frame will need to be made.

Federal 13x13 vs. ACME 540 13x12

Pulling the 88 Ski out of the garage, and putting the 88 Barefoot in.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 9:02pm
Sweet whip. Can't wait to foot behind it!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 12:58am
Johnny,
Not too shabby.
Don't start using your Ski Nautique swim platform as a workbench.

James,
He got it in Fenton, at Owen Rd.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

You got to love the side by side picture. Now the next on we need to see them both on the water.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 1:36pm
Lookin good Johnny! have you had it out for a run/ ski yet?
Enjoy!
-Brad
btw- is that your truck in the photo? Was wondering how well the Buick towed the BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2008 at 1:39am
once again nice looking BFN Johnny. Let us know how that 540 works on it for you.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2008 at 2:57pm
Nice looking BFN...gets me (somehwat) motivated to get mine looking better :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2008 at 8:25pm
the 540 is going on our ski, not the barefoot
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2008 at 11:33am
Kurt thanks for clearing that up. I just thought you guys were going to try something different.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2008 at 2:35pm
Johnny

So how does that new to you BFN run? Not heard much from you since you got it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic