NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woodworking Show and Tell

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 8:53pm
Ha!   That's how I made the paddle, "chainsaw" 1990 Homelite Super XL running on 32:1 Klotz Racing oil.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Do you have a detail pic of the long edge joinery?

Greg,
I finally got the camera out again. It's a cheap digital so I hope the picture is clear enough and is what you are looking for. I wish Tim was here to get a decent shot!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2015 at 2:35pm
Part 1 of our oldest's 1st semester wood tech project.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2015 at 2:37pm
what's the purpose of the slots? is that part 2?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2015 at 2:51pm
Yes, it is a two step stepstool and the bottom section has guides that slide in the top section slot.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2015 at 3:13pm
Is it a squatty Potty?

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2015 at 4:39pm
LOL, nope.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2015 at 5:39pm
No pictures but just put our house under contract and am dreading moving my shop and considering parting ways with the unisaw.....Woodworking will never be the same without that beast
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2015 at 9:56pm
Finished product...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2016 at 11:20pm
His next project is our dining table. We got the reclaimed wood planks this weekend and he'll be starting on it soon.

Eether View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2016 at 9:23pm
A little different from the really nice examples of fine carpentry seen in this thread.
Its wood, and its work!

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 10:16am
So you took a block of wood and found a Pelican hiding inside!   Impressive work.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 11:05am
Very nice Ethan. Besides boat restoration, it looks like you sure have other talents. Go for it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 11:17am
hey that's a nice stool and i thought the pelican looked good in the first pic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 11:23am
Thanks.

That pelican is really nice...good work!
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2016 at 5:26pm

First winter project. Single track (one loop) cribbage board for 223 shells. Found a huge bag of the perfect sized brass grommets at a junk shop a while back. Tic Toc. Odd winter. It's raining today and washing the snow away.
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 2:22pm
Nice!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2016 at 8:02am
Originally posted by susan susan wrote:

Wow... It's a great work you did. I like this one.

These spamming robot programs from India and China always amaze me!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2016 at 8:16pm
Our oldest made another cutting board for my mom.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2016 at 9:40am
We were working at the house Saturday and our youngest was going through a couple scrap piles. We've been cleaning or burning most of the construction waste and it seems others have decided our house is a dump spot for them, too. He managed to find some nice cedar lumber pieces and decided to keep them so he could build something. He decided he wanted to make a simple desk, so we worked together to make one out of the cedar, some scrap 2x4's and pallet wood. He did most of the main cuts and fitting himself. We think it turned out pretty good.

Eether View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2016 at 7:51pm
That looks really nice and sturdy. Also nice to hear a someone young interested in doing something other than playing video games.. Keep it up!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 1:21pm
Thanks...yeah, glad both our boys are interested in doing things with their hands, and being creative.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 6:23pm
Nice work!
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Thanks...yeah, glad both our boys are interested in doing things with their hands, and being creative.

Andy,
They must have gotten that skill from their dad! I have a feeling they helped out with the Supra project. Keep them going.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 7:15pm
It does run in the family, on both sides. My wife and I have parents and grandparents with varying levels of hands on personalities and skills.

They did help a little with the Supra...they were quite a bit younger back then.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 7:22pm
Sprayed a couple coats of polyurethane on it this weekend to finish it. He also stained the legs and trim pieces with a very light stain. The stained pine and unstained cedar ended up matching up pretty good once we did the poly.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 10:01pm
I could use one of these

Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

I tried to make a new paddle.

Spalted Maple.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2016 at 8:18am
Obviously not made by me, but impressive nonetheless

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2016 at 10:46am
Late looking at this thread but all this talk and posting of chainsaw stuff makes me all itchy and figgity!    Cool work on the Pelican project as I have trouble cutting up a limb.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2016 at 10:51am
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Obviously not made by me, but impressive nonetheless

I'm impressed! I'm sure he put in plenty of man hours on it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic