NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone named your Nautique?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone named your Nautique?
    Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:17pm
Okay guys,so I'm driving down I-75 and seeing Snowbirds headed both ways (kinda early to be headed north) and some are pulling their boats. Most rigs their pulling aren't too big but have a name on the stern anyway. I even saw a few jet ski's in tow that had been named which leads me to the question.

Have any of you guy's named your ski boat?

Jbear, I think this cold air here in Atlanta might be affecting my brain to ask such a silly question. Might need to head to Fla to warm up. Can't imagine what it's doing to the guy's who are REALLY having to deal with cold weather and don't see their babies for months.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:37pm
I looked at several but came up with what I thought was a "fitting name" for our old girl....
             " Knot Correct "

Kinda because of the "not period correct " engine/tranny swap..Wanted to see her as an old boat on the outside.The look of a LAMB, and the roar of a LION.........
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:40pm
doc, how about incorrect craft?
"the things you own will start to own you"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:44pm
Eric, that would be a good name for any boat that you would have.You wont buy a real boat........
Real boats have the motor in the middle and a prop underneath,forward of the RUDDER....
Maybe one day you will return to brotherhood of the true boat owners,we will let you back in in...............Boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:49pm
you got it wrong, a real boat has bowtie power in it...i am now the proud owner of a 18" Maxuum with a 305 heavy chevy
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

I looked at several but came up with what I thought was a "fitting name" for our old girl....
             " Knot Correct "

Kinda because of the "not period correct " engine/tranny swap..Wanted to see her as an old boat on the outside.The look of a LAMB, and the roar of a LION.........

Doc, Sounds like a name for a wood boat. How about "not" or Erics idea of "incorrect". I did however look in the ACBS directory and "knot correct" isn't listed.

It is only my personal opinion but I feel names on boats should be on old woodies or larger yachts. Maybe that's because I've see too many people with smaller boats and poor tastes naming their boats.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:09pm
boats i believe are supposed to be named after woman? Doc you should consider Karen on the transom....after all she takes ownership in a couple more weeks
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:16pm
"Lotsa knots" was what I called my somewhat fast old 58 wooden CC? Or the classic words of Arthur Fonzarelli, "Correct A Mundo", was always a favorite of mine for an older CC. And while none of ours (mine, Marshall's and Rodney's) actually have a name on the transom, they almost all have a name (sometimes catchy) we refer to them as:

Olive Oyl - Rodney's Dark green Mustang
Moody Blue - Rodney's light blue Holman Moody powered Skier
Sally - Marshall's Mustang
Baby Blue - Our light blue Mustang
Orange Crush - 67 orange SN project which Eric is about to RE-stringer.

Still working on a name (i.e., open for suggestions) for the Classic and the 64 SN which we just flipped over(other thread) and are hoping to have ready for GL.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:22pm
Okay, I'll jump in.
Contrary to Pete's opinion, I did name my boat for our Barefoot Racing team. It's called "Burning Soles"
I'll post a pic, after I figure out the techno-gobledy gook and read the intructions regarding Photobucket (or my son does it).
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:31pm
I gotta agree with Pete...no names on Nautiques. Correct Craft says it all. To many dumb names on smaller boats.

Foot: We always think of Atlanta as being warm too but I see where you guys have had some cold and snow. If you wanna get warm and head south...c'mon down. My '80 is avalible just 10 minutes from the house and Eddies Am Skier is in his garage. In fact we will be rolling it out here about 2pm this afternoon for a little footin'. I talked to 62wood last weekend...he was heading out to a boat show and it was 14 BELOW zero. No way.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:45pm
Not my Nautique, but I did name my Crownline (even without Jbears approval)! I think it fits!

Greg

86 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:49pm
Cool lookin' boat cat. You sure don't need my approval. Name does fit. Still got it?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:54pm
Still have it Jbear. Bought it new in 98. It is the non inboard of the 4 I now have.
Greg

86 BFN
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:55pm
Pete,that is a name given but not added to her stern.....
Knot as in nautical measurment of distance or speed.....
As for wooden boats there should be no voids nor KNOTS in the structure.But can see where your Wooden Mode would kick in..
There are very few ,64 American Skiers that go faster than 50mph much less where our old girl tops out...
Just a different twist on the wording and its meaning..........Boat dr
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:12pm
How about...KNOT SO FAST...lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:18pm
doc, the only way that queen does 50 is when its on your trailer behind that caravan. notice the edit
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:26pm
You got something to line up against her????
Green Lake drags said a lot about the BS and the real thing, were you there????
One other boat was faster on top end ,Reid..
The old red boat was the hole shot winner, ask anyone that was there.
Dont remember your trashy butt showing up ,but you talk a good game.........Talk is cheap, speed aint...............Boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:29pm
its hear say, legend, myth, i wasnt there but it gives me an idea what i gotta do to be out front
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:53pm
I WAS there, and looking over my shoulder without squinting my eyes, I saw no Chevys. First thing you need to do is get a Ford.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:05pm
Boat dr...I think the name on the back of "Erics" boat says.. TRANS-VEST-TIGHT..
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:07pm
Well, since I started this post guess I need to add something to it....

I was jokingly going to name my boat " She Hates Me!" ( got the name from a XFL player) when my 1st wife Screamed and Shouted at me and all at the ramp.... " I hate this F*&$ing Boat" the first time she tried (after several attempts) to put it on the trailer. That was the first and last time I asked her to do it. Doesn't matter now. I divorced her!!! My current wife can back a trailer in better than ALOT of guy's I've seen at the launch pad. Knew I married the right woman then....
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:11pm
Eric,
Sounds like you need a napkin, this is used to wipe that brown stuff off the corner of your mouth.
As stated above there were no BOWTIES in the hunt.
Maybe you can build one that will run with Reid and I , but it aint BS if you can back it up.........
We were there ......you were not .....
      Keep talking SMACK and give it your best shot.We can do a pinks thing if you wish...................Boat dr
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:19pm
Morfoot, just a little different twist on the loading/trailer thing.
Karen does not like to back down the trailer, she is the champ when it comes to loading and unloading.
She gets lottsa looks as we get ready to launch.Girls aint supposed to be able to do that.
She will bust her off at about 6 feet from the water edge throw her in reverse back her off and be waiting at the ramp, in less time than most guys can unstrap theirs..
She is also pleasing to the eyes as well..
This is another reason to marry her......Boat dr   
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 4:16pm
What about ......

TRANS.POOR.TATION

This is after he tries to make a Bowtie run with a BLUE OVAL....
It can be done ,you can make a rock fly if you throw enough money at it..........
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 4:32pm
Doc, You are correct that I completely missed the "knot" as in speed! Yes, my mind is in wood boat mode plus we do use MPH are our smaller boats. Now I feel knot so smart!

John, The dumb names on the smaller boats always seem to have that stupid martini glass decal next to them or at least the martini glass pennant!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John, The dumb names on the smaller boats always seem to have that stupid martini glass decal next to them or at least the martini glass pennant!

No names like that on mine...sounds like a BUI in the making to me...'cause somebody's gonna have a beer in their hand.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:23pm
Eric, have waited all day for a comment after you running your mouth..Same sh*t from you just a different day, you dont know how fast mine nor Reids boats are.
As before same drool on your mouth.........Boat dr
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:36pm
If I've read my threads right, sounds like Eric has a CC in the making.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:02pm
First of all Reid, you dont look over your shoulder,you have to look forward out front...Madd marxx, i will send your tranny...or should i say your tranny vestite August 1st
Boat doc, luckily i rigged your trans with overdrive so you could be out front,
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:37pm
Eric, being the proud owner of a 18ft. Maxuum aint what I would scream from the roof tops.
The 5.0 is a dog and top end will leave a lot to be desired, but you can race with 62wood, Steve has a top end with that 6 banger of his that will compare with that Chevy.......
We still read your posts , but will just snicker in the corner at choice of watercraft.
If the deal goes down and you once again own a real boat Maybe Just Maybe .....
Grand "POOH" BAH is a fitting handle...............Boat dr

Gearing dont make a boat fast,
Horse Power plus the right prop.....
Build your Chevy and Line it up as we did at Green Lake.
But bring plenty of napkins..........Or Tampax which ever you fell is appropriate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic