NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Resize and Post Pictures on CCF

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Resize and Post Pictures on CCF
    Posted: October-22-2010 at 2:41pm
Jeff,

This thread was written before Windows 7... but, you can try downloading the Windows 7 version of the resizer from the guys at Codeplex.

Clone of XP image resize powertoy for Win 7

I haven't tried this, but it should work. let us know if it works for you.

Alternately, you could choose to resize the pictures another way such as using Windows Paint. I just like the convenience of right-clicking on the file to resize it.

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 12:30pm
Will this work on windows 7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2010 at 4:06pm
Since this thread started some changes have been made to the forum.

You can now post pic files up to 500kb.

Most people have found that using a size of 640x480 works best.

If you do not see the "Upload Image" icon be sure you are selecting the "Post reply" button at the bottom of the thread and not the "Quick Reply" option at the bottom of the page.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 2:25pm
That is correct John. Once you have the pictures sized to a file that is less than 200kb, you can upload them directly to CCF.

CCF used to have a size limit of 35kb on uploaded pics. This was increased to 200kb when Keith moved to the new host.
EDIT: Now 500kb is the limit

Most digital cameras are set to take pictures with some pretty high resolution, which is great for blowing them up into poster sized prints and using photo editing software to zoom in and otherwise manipulate your shots.
You could probably set your camera to a lower resolution and be able to take pictures that would be small enough to post directly without resizing, but this would not be ideal for printing them or doing slide shows on DVD or whatever.
There are hundreds of way to resize your pics. I think the Microsoft Image Resizer tool is a simple and fast way to get the job done.

If you need some extra help John, shoot me an email.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 1:21am
Thanks Randy. I might have to play with this a bit.

So....not to appear dumb....I should use this tool to resize pictures on my computer that are over 200kb so I can upload them direct to a post without using photobucket?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 8:27pm
This post is intended to help explain how to easily resize and post pictures on CCF using the upload tool. These directions are for Windows XP only.

Lets get started...

First:
Download the Windows XP image resizer power toy from Microsoft:
ImageResizerPowertoySetup
or a .zip file from here:
ImageResizerPowertoySetup.zip

Choose Run to install the program and agree to whatever Bill G. wants you to agree to...

Once the Image Resizer Power Toy is installed you can simply RIGHT click an image file with the mouse and a menu will appear with the Image Resizer option. like this:

The following window will open.
EDIT: (640x480 allows the pic to be viewed in a post without scroll bars on the pic)

Once you click OK the image will be saved in the same location as the original image with a name appended with the size you chose in parenthesis.

The following screen snapshot shows how to select your folder view. I like to chose the "details" view to check the size of my file as well as modified dates and file types. But also like to flip back to "thumbnails" view to get a small preview of the pictures.

Here we see that I actually resized this picture twice. Once using the medium selection, and the other using the large. Notice the difference in the size of the files.
EDIT: Since the original date of this post, Keith has increased the upload size limit to 500kb

Now we are ready to upload the files. choose the "image upload button" as shown:

EDIT: You will only see the above options if you choose the "Post Reply" button and will NOT see it if you choose "Quick Reply" at the bottom of a post. (See example later in this post.)

The upload screen appears. click "BROWSE" to browse to the location of your picture files and locate the file you want to upload.

Select the picture and the file path will appear

Click OK and the image will upload.

Your image will appear in your post like this

Notice the space between the picture links. You must hit the ENTER/RETURN key after each picture.

You can click the "PREVIEW POST" button to preview your post with pictures.

I hope this helps some of the less computer savvy members out there (jbear....), to be able to easily resize and post their pictures.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic