Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barefoot videos and tips

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
laydowndatwater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydowndatwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barefoot videos and tips
    Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:27am
ive tried the kick off thing and landed with a big splash lol i am wanting to find some barefoot videos for off the boom or from the line dont matter just something for begginers
Patrick
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:54am
Check out Lane Bowers site,The Footers Edge.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 10:38am
Lay

Q's pointed you in the right direction. You can get podcasts of lessons from Lane's site. In fact, once you sign up, the emails come fast and furious.
Also, use the search box here on this site using "barefooting" to find some good threads on learning to foot. Someone will chime in with a link to a thread.
Good luck footing.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by laydowndatwater laydowndatwater wrote:

ive tried the kick off thing and landed with a big splash

backfoot100 on this site taught my girlfriend to kick a ski in about 20 minutes. Maybe you should take up wakeboarding.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

backfoot100 on this site taught my girlfriend to kick a ski in about 20 minutes. Maybe you should take up wakeboarding.

Yes, HW GF is a great student, I have some video of my training sessions with her, actually as it turned out she taught me a thing or two as well!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:22pm
Lay

Here's a link to Lane Bowers' site;

Footin vids

Hope it helps,
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:39pm
This is Lane's YouTube library, tons of info. The wakeboarding comment may have been a little harsh, but you will take many more falls.

DawgTV
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by laydowndatwater laydowndatwater wrote:

ive tried the kick off thing and landed with a big splash

Geez, maybe I should too
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:14pm

..... but you will take many more falls.

But not according to Lane

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:56pm
Most Pro's/Trainers are not going to encourage step off's, I really believe that is more a "show ski" start or old school as it was the way most of us "old Guys" learned. You will primarily see the step in figure 8 tourneys and of course show skiing.

Tull,

Have you ever skied with Lane? We were childhood friends, he grew up in my hood, West Burbs of Chicago.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

step off's is more old school as it was the way most of us "old Guys" learned.

It may be old school, but apparently there comes an age when one prefers to start going off a kneeboard, right CQ?

The kneeboard is certainly an easier way to learn longline. If you havent yet, get the basics down on a boom.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Most Pro's/Trainers are not going to encourage step off's, I really believe that is more a "show ski" start or old school as it was the way most of us "old Guys" learned.

For just learning to barefoot, the step off is one of the easier coaching methods to develope a good barefoot posture and technique. It's not so much for learning the start itself. The start is just an added benefit. Sitting on a kneeboard or wakeboard is also a great method to learn to barefoot and they aren't recognized as legitimate starts in any type of barefoot tournament or show skiing. I don't know of anybody who learned a deepwater start or a tumbleturn start before they actually learned a good barefoot posture on the water. If you know of anybody that has done that, they spent a whole lot more time in the water than on top of it with a lotta headaches and facials in- between.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 6:34pm
Q

No I haven't. Some day, before I get old, I hope to go to a Barefoot training center like his.

I guess I fall into the "old guys" category. Footers I know who are my age, or older, learned how to foot by stepping off. The only time we step off in show skiing is for our barefoot line. The prefered methods are beach sliders, dock flyers, and my favorite, and the most painful when missed, the two ski jump outs.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 9:58pm
tull; my favorite "show-off" start as well...the grave jump.

Don't do them anymore. Re-learned deeps with Eddie and the help of his magic tape. They make it so easy to get up.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 10:42am
jbear

We call them "bombers". I think the name came from the fact that when you missed one, it felt like a bomb went off in your skull
It would be great to foot with you and Eddie, but getting away from the family for a day on our Easter break could be tough (but not out of the question). Looks like Eddie has some great teaching methods. One of my goals is to backwards on the boom.
We'll be in touch.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic