NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just some vids of my RX7

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just some vids of my RX7
    Posted: February-25-2008 at 8:47pm
I'm sure this will get reids attention. Here are two short vids of me VS my buddys heads cam LS1 RX7 I'm the near car with dark wheels.

Well a friend came down today to hang out and do some fun runs. I was a blast I knew I needed more tire and this will show it in the 2nd gear race. It was funny on the way out to do this we ran into two cobalts and a BMW that thought they wanted some lol.

We did some compairing and came up with I make 17 more TQ then him and he makes 17 more HP then me if I remember correctly. He is also on a drag radial so he has much more grip in the 1st race then me lol.

Well here are the two runs.
YouTube - Two LS1 FD's

YouTube - 2 LS1 FD's 2nd race
So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:00pm
Im confused about the engines you guys have in those, what are they? rotary's?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:01pm
That's on 31 near Barefoot Landing, right?
Tim D
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:20pm
that was the OE motor that came in that car.

But both these cars have a LS1 V8 and T56 6 speed in them.

We are both over 400 RWHP.

Tim I wont answer that.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:27pm
i seen the LS1, and didnt know if thats what you guy's had in them, stroke them bad boys and you'll see some curve
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:36pm
theres an eirlier gen ls1 swap that runs midlow 11's at our local track all motor Those are nasty. Your two cars look good. We messed around with a turbo rotory one this weekend i think it was much slower than it looked. We were ina stock turbo SRT4 with open down pipe and 15 psi with 5 people in it haha. He never really would get on it i think it was because he saw us pull on a pro charged auto GT and a stage 3 cobalt. Your buddys car is pullin you looks like you need a seceret ls7 swap;)
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 12:53am
yea he gets me a little but you know I'm cam only he has ported heads on his car.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 3:34am
Yea the ls1 is a runner with just a cam but with heads and cam and intake they are stupid fast. My friend has a beautifull SS camaro 6 speed with heads cam and ls6 intake he cant drive for *************** but it traps 114 consistantly at the track on drag radials. He can only drive it to a 12.85 with like a 2.4 60 foot haha.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 11:46am
stroke it, you'll kick his ass up and down that track, its the cheapest horse and torque you can buy...and he wont even know
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 8:33pm
maybe stroking older motors is cheap or you got deep pockets but a LS1 in not cheap to stroke. I'm getting some ported heads and a portmatched intake next that will put me in the 480-500 RWHP range.

But right now I need to work on traction then I can make more HP, both our cars are road course cars not drag racers but we trap way more then that camaro 122-124 is what I'm shooting for lol
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 5:07pm
Whats your car weigh in with the ls1 swap sabre?
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 8:07pm
I have not put it on the scales yet but I have seen enough of these weighted that mine being a base model it should be in the 2800 pound range with the LS1 with PS and AC.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 11:34pm
dang trappin 122 with AC lucky haha. I thought it would be under 3k. I had a 73 porsche 911 that weighed 2300 now that woulda been interesting with an ls1;)

I watched ur exhaust vid on myspace that thing sounds pretty nasty what kind of mufflers? Sounds loudmouthish?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 12:42am
I would be worried about all of the blow-by coming out of the exhaust on the one.
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 9:22pm
its not blow by its the PVC system sucking oil under hard decel, it also does it in long sweeping turns I need to get a catch can on it for the track.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 9:28pm
Did you post on yotatech a couple of weeks ago showing the car in the driveway?
Tim D
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 9:50pm
Blow buy wouldent come out of the exhaust anyways blow by goes into the crank case for the most part. In an extreme case it could suck oil out of the crank case by the rings under vaccume but that would take some seriously loooww tention oil rings. A good friend of mine built a hemi challenger to the FAST class specs and it pulled oil by the rings under vaccume baddd becasue the machine shop ran some low tention race rings. My car used to do that under decell when it had a bad intake manifold gasket sucking oil out of the vally. My little turbo shelby car has so much ring blow by it blows the dip stick out of the tube about 2 inches under boost haha.
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 10:00pm
no tim I did not I'm not on that forum. You got a link to the car you are talking about.
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 4:41pm
Well I will add a burnout to the vids here guys.

LS1 FD burnout- Youtube
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 12:02pm
I noticed you had to do this on wet pavement just to get the tires spinning. Oh well.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic